• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2018
    It's been almost two years since Theta Emerald EX came out, and a lot has happened since then. School, work, getting bullied by an entire website for no reason, and a death in the family, with the decision of going back to school in January. In those two years, allow me to introduce to you, the LAST of the trilogy:

Theta%20Emerald%20Renev%20pic%20UPDATED_zpsyy818q5w.png
    This was a project that was started back in the beginning of 2018, and it is an overall improvement of Theta Emerald EX. But, what are the features? Well, allow me to explain:

1. New Pokémon
    Spoiler:

2. New forms/formes
    Spoiler:

3. New Moves
    Spoiler:

4. New Abilities
    Spoiler:

5. New Items
    Spoiler:

6. 120 TMs and HMs
    Spoiler:

7. Mega Evolution/Primal Reversion
    Spoiler:

8. New Areas
    Spoiler:

9. And more!
    Spoiler:

Bug/Oddities:
    Spoiler:

Along with all of this, I have included a guide, with a walkthrough, locations for items and Pokémon, and data on every single Pokémon in the game. This is the one game that I worked extremely hard on, and it was my goal to get it out by the end of this year, and I did just that. I'll do my best to improve the game, but with my life, there's a very small chance that it will happen. But, other than that, I really hope that everyone enjoys Pokémon Theta Emerald Renev :)

Download (includes two patches, patcher, and the guide):
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/8qafiv7kd4ie5nm/Pokemon+Theta+Emerald+Renev.rar

Credits:
    HackMew - APE, Overworld Editor, XSE
    LU-HO - Advance Map
    Jasper Vijn (cearn) - grit
    Maël Hörz - HxD
    Irfan Skiljan - Irfanview
    Link12552 - NSE 2.1
    D-Trogh - NTME
    Gamer2020 - PGE
    thedarkdragon11 - Gen 7 Sprite Repository
    MrDollSteak - Gen 6 Sprites
    Chaos Rush - DS-Styled Sprites
    Lunos - New Pokémon Menu
    Kurapika - Gen 3 Tools
    DizzyEgg and ChaChaDinosaur (KDS) - Pokémon Expansion, Item Expansion, Dizzy's Hacked Engine, Overworld Forms/Formes, and Emerald Battle Engine Upgrade

Hey, LCCoolJ95 I just want to say thanks for a great hack. You really got skill bro.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2022
    Hey thanks so much for the hack. I have ran into trouble and it seems Gligar won't evolve with a moonstone to Gliscor. Has the process changed? If anyone knows that'd be great

cheers

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    I completed the entire pokedex and i gotta say this game was fun to go through thank you LC for making this hack for everyone to play and enjoy and have a good day to everybody :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 30, 2024
    I have a problem I get in double battles. Whenever I get by flame burst within a double battle, I get immediately softlocked with the the text: "The bursting flames hit (pokemon name)!" I thought I would bring this to your attention, sir developer.

I am not aware of how to check the battle system, as I do not know what it is. I am fairly new to the scene of pokemon rom hacks.

Also, is there any way you could allow the lucky egg to be purchased in shops? Grinding for the eighth gym leader took a little over four hours just to get my six pokemon to level 60.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Just wondering, is there a specific method to evolve Pikachu into Alolan Raichu? Rather than the standar version? Tried reading the guide but it didn't help clear matters up.
    Also, awesome game, well done LCCoolj95 :)

Years
    • Seen Sep 14, 2021
    Yo this hack looks awesome but i always freeze on the first rival battle black screen. i've tried the two rom bases and different emulators. Every time i'm getting the same result am i missing something or just unlucky?

Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    The battle at first gym went black but sound still play

Im using myboy and in-app patcher, its possible that patcher makes thing go wrong?

Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Yo this hack looks awesome but i always freeze on the first rival battle black screen. i've tried the two rom bases and different emulators. Every time i'm getting the same result am i missing something or just unlucky?
    Same here i'm doing my second run on this game and it freezes on the first rival battle sigh i love this game but it's unplayable now :(

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 12, 2020
    The battle at first gym went black but sound still play

Im using myboy and in-app patcher, its possible that patcher makes thing go wrong?
    I try using NUPS patcher and got the same thing
    Btw I'm using V1 save and playing V2, or restarting save is a must?

Back