• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    Haven't stopped playing this all night. The only post Advanced series game I've played is Soul Silver, so fun getting to see lots of new pokemon and looking them up online. Explored lots of areas I didn't before in the original Eemerald to my benefit. I wonder when I'll be able to move them boulders??

Team, up to fifth badge.

198667_trainercard-Knarf23.png

Sceptile - 38 - Leaf Blade / Mega Drain / Fury Cutter / Dual Chop
    Quagsire - 41 - Surf / Strength / Rock Smash / Earthquake (bit of a HM Slave, still effective).
    Jynx - 36 - Wake Up Slap / Confusion / Heart Stamp / Powder Snow (Ice Beam and Psychic will make it unstoppable)
    Simismear (got the fire stone from fiery path) - 38 - Flame Burst / Bite / Cut / Acrobatics
    Magnezone (glad I done the New Mauville task :D ) - 34 - Tri Attack / Flash Cannon / Magnet Bomb / Spark

Need someone competitive that will use Fly now.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • Haven't stopped playing this all night. The only post Advanced series game I've played is Soul Silver, so fun getting to see lots of new pokemon and looking them up online. Explored lots of areas I didn't before in the original Eemerald to my benefit. I wonder when I'll be able to move them boulders??

Team, up to fifth badge.

198667_trainercard-Knarf23.png

Sceptile - 38 - Leaf Blade / Mega Drain / Fury Cutter / Dual Chop
    Quagsire - 41 - Surf / Strength / Rock Smash / Earthquake (bit of a HM Slave, still effective).
    Jynx - 36 - Wake Up Slap / Confusion / Heart Stamp / Powder Snow (Ice Beam and Psychic will make it unstoppable)
    Simismear (got the fire stone from fiery path) - 38 - Flame Burst / Bite / Cut / Acrobatics
    Magnezone (glad I done the New Mauville task :D ) - 34 - Tri Attack / Flash Cannon / Magnet Bomb / Spark

Need someone competitive that will use Fly now.
    #SceptileMasterRace

nemesish

Azure Trainer
    Years
  • How does the trading work in this game for the trade evolutions?

Mostly changed to level evolutions.
    But I think if a Gen 1-3 pokemon does not have a "new" move (Gen 4 onwards), can be traded to another game.
    I managed to trade from Emerald Omega by meeting these requirements.

I assume that it can work here.

Talking ´bout emulators:
    You can use VBAlink (on PC) or the one i´m using on my android, MyBoy.

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
    Years
  • How does the trading work in this game for the trade evolutions?
    There is a word document with the download that shows the location/evolution of each Pokémon.

Also, I've decided to make the TMs into some of the move tutor moves, and the fact that TM expansion is impossible. So, this will be an open discussion: what TMs should I replace?

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    There is a word document with the download that shows the location/evolution of each Pokémon.

Also, I've decided to make the TMs into some of the move tutor moves, and the fact that TM expansion is impossible. So, this will be an open discussion: what TMs should I replace?

Is it just the battle frontier ones that are a problem? I'm not too familiar but isn't there capacity to add extra TMs??

Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    If you haven't already tried just add a new tutor somewhere else in the OW. Obviously there's 20 moves at the BF s that's a large amount of useful TMs.

Years
  • There is a word document with the download that shows the location/evolution of each Pokémon.

Yeah and it reveals that you have to trade to get some pokemon so my suggestion in the next release change how they evolve to levels.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015
    tm 01,tm 03,tm 07, tm09,tm 11,tm 14,tm 17,tm 18,tm 20,tm 21,tm 25,tm 34,tm 37, tm39,tm 41, tm 45, tm46, tm48 and tm49.

Mainly useless moves such as the weather summonners, protect,safeguard,snatch,torment, some low power attacks (water pulse, rock tomb,shock wave), Blizzard, Thunder and Frustration since we already have Ice Beam, Return and Thunderbolt.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Protect is good, i like it.
    Problem with Rock Tomb is that is Roxanne's gift TM and... there is no "weak" Rock Move for early TM and something like Stone Edge or even Rock Slide will break early-to-mid game in half.
    The same with Shock Wave, but i think it can be replaced with some moves like... dunno Charge Beam? Thunder Wave? (lol) Wild Charge can be little too strong for this moment of game.

Seriously, replacing TM without thinking about moment when you obtain it is not wise.

Imho TMs like Roar, Frustration, Double Team, Torment, Rest, Attract, Skill Swap and Snatch can be replace ASAP. Skill Swap and Snatch are funny to use, tho :V
    Replacing Water Pulse with Scald is okay. It's Juan's TM so it must be Water-type and Scald is nice for late game.

TM09... Bullet Seed? It is first TM that you got, and with boosted BP from later generations it's pretty strong.
    TM43 aka. Secret Power... dunno, it can be learned by almost every pokemon and with variable effects it's neat but... there is so much strong normal moves.
    Iron Tail (TM 23) is somewhat unreliable with that 75 Acc... and some special steel-type TM like Flash Cannon could be interesting.

Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2015
    rock slide/power gem > rock tomb

volt switch > shock wave

Protect is viable but it's one of the worst TMs anyways and we don't have many options lol, Secret Power must be keep since it have a overworld use, Iron tail is viable since the game have Fairies, In my TM editing suggetions i kept Roar, Double Team, Rest because they are useful, Pokémon without instant regenmeration NEEDS rest and roar is a phazing move, Double Team can be changed without problems imo.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I have a few suggestions about TMs:
    Change Shock Wave to Volt Switch, as Wattson hands out Volt Switch in Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire already.
    Most of the TMs that should be replaced are covered already.

I would suggest adding Substitute, Hone Claws/Swords Dance, Roost, Thunder Wave, and Will-O-Wisp, as these moves are are widely distributed and incredibly useful.
    As for attacks: Bulldoze and Grass Knot should definitely be TMs, as the coverage they provide ingame is useful. Other options include X-Scissor, Poison Jab, Rock Slide, or Flash Cannon.
    That's my few cents, though. Now that it's summer I get down to actually playing this game. Yay!

Random edit: Protect will be kinda useful at the Battle Frontier, probably. Beforehand, it sucks. If you need more TM space, change protect to tutor move. Rest falls under the same treatment too, as health is healed by potions, status is healed by medicine + lava cookies, and full restore does both. Only really useful for battle frontier where items can't be used.

Last edited:

ChrisTheWhiteWolf

White Lighting
    Years
  • There is a word document with the download that shows the location/evolution of each Pokémon.

Senor Coolj I think I have found a solution to the TM/Move Tutors problem.Here is it

You could rebuild the TM List according to your Battle Frontier Move tutors list keeping only the strong TMs like Erathquake,Thunderbolt etc and adding everthing else as TM
    Keep the Battle Frontier move tutors with gen 3 moves like the pnches,rock slide but change some with more useful ones '' example Thunder Wave-Zap Cannon, Mega Punch- Dynamic Punch etc''

I think with these changes everyone is happy.

Also can you add more super bosses from the manga like Red, Gold, Diamond, Lack? Or an Ace Trainer with a badass Electivire -if you know what i mean-?
    Cheers

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    rock slide/power gem > rock tomb

Rock Slide/Power Gem after a freaking first gym is a very bad idea, trust me. There is no better rock-type move for EARLY game than Rock Tomb... except maybe non-damage stuff like Rock Polish (Shittiest move ever) or Stealth Rock (Not sure if is in this hack) or... Sandstorm, that is actually interesting option.

Rock Tomb with later gen boost is 60 BP move with 95 Acc. and speed drop on top of this. It is pretty damn good for that part of game and is not gamebreaking like Rock Slide/Power Gem in early game.

There is also Ancient Power but 5PP limit its usage and very low number of pokemon can learn it.

One could suggest change of Roxanne's gym type or go Falkner style and give her non-rock TM but... why?

tudou

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Rock Slide/Power Gem after a freaking first gym is a very bad idea, trust me. There is no better rock-type move for EARLY game than Rock Tomb... except maybe non-damage stuff like Rock Polish (Muktiest move ever) or Stealth Rock (Not sure if is in this hack) or... Sandstorm, that is actually interesting option.

Rock Tomb with later gen boost is 60 BP move with 95 Acc. and speed drop on top of this. It is pretty damn good for that part of game and is not gamebreaking like Rock Slide/Power Gem in early game.

There is also Ancient Power but 5PP limit its usage and very low number of pokemon can learn it.

One could suggest change of Roxanne's gym type or go Falkner style and give her non-rock TM but... why?

I second keeping Rock Tomb. Speed drop is very useful in the game, especially for many slow pokemon that learn it. For faster Pokemon, it's coverage that doesn't smash the game early on. Rock slide is only 15 power more, but rock slide has a nasty flinch chance.

tudou

Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I apologize for double-posting.

So I'm a bit into the game and it's pretty fun. However, some pokemon such as Roggenrola or Pansear have a relatively long time between their cry and the rest of the encounter dialogue when encountering them in the wild. It's pretty jarring, considering the possibility that your game might have crashed. It's minor, though.

Also, I looked through the locations thing and found that my bro Oshawott wasn't available until Sootopolis City.
    That's after 7 gyms in the game. The other Unova starters are much earlier, along with all the other starters as well.

Do you have something against Oshawott by any chance? :)

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Is there a list of item/tm locations document somwhere? Could really use one.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back