• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Theta Emerald

I want to create a Super Training Area where you can battle "Pokémon" for EVs. Should I

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
Years
  • Rock Slide/Power Gem after a freaking first gym is a very bad idea, trust me. There is no better rock-type move for EARLY game than Rock Tomb... except maybe non-damage stuff like Rock Polish (Muktiest move ever) or Stealth Rock (Not sure if is in this hack) or... Sandstorm, that is actually interesting option.

Rock Tomb with later gen boost is 60 BP move with 95 Acc. and speed drop on top of this. It is pretty damn good for that part of game and is not gamebreaking like Rock Slide/Power Gem in early game.

There is also Ancient Power but 5PP limit its usage and very low number of pokemon can learn it.

One could suggest change of Roxanne's gym type or go Falkner style and give her non-rock TM but... why?

Or you could change it to Rock Throw, since Geodude can learn it around that level anyway.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    But Rock Throw sucks.
    Rock Blast is another viable move but... Seriously, there is no reason to change Roxannes TM because there is no more suitable rock-type moves for that part of the game. Most other rock-type moves are too strong for early game, plain bad like Rock Throw and Rock Polish or are barely usable like Sandstorm.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Played a bit more, dropping off thoughts:
    I have to ask, why do Pokemon with available Mega Evolutions have the same base stat of their Megas? Seems odd, considering that you easily can have 6 Pokemon with base stat totals rivaling those of legendaries even before the end of the game.
    This makes Wattson's Manectric very hellish, as it has 575 BST. The rest of his team was really easy, though. I suggest changing Wattson's Manectric to Magneton, his ace before Emerald, and increase the difficulty of the rest of his team.
    Also the evolution stones are a bit early in the game. Wattson might have been tough, but it still fell to a level 30 Magmortar's sky-high special attack. Somewhere around Fallarbor Town or Lavaridge would be more appropriate.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Played a bit more, dropping off thoughts:
    I have to ask, why do Pokemon with available Mega Evolutions have the same base stat of their Megas? Seems odd, considering that you easily can have 6 Pokemon with base stat totals rivaling those of legendaries even before the end of the game.
    This makes Wattson's Manectric very hellish, as it has 575 BST. The rest of his team was really easy, though. I suggest changing Wattson's Manectric to Magneton, his ace before Emerald, and increase the difficulty of the rest of his team.
    Also the evolution stones are a bit early in the game. Wattson might have been tough, but it still fell to a level 30 Magmortar's sky-high special attack. Somewhere around Fallarbor Town or Lavaridge would be more appropriate.

Not all PKMN that can Mega evolve have their Mega Stats/Types/Abilities. Like Beedrill, which I guess is fine because if it were many people would use that early in game. But yeah I'm curious as to which ones got their stats changed and which ones didn't.

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
    Years
  • Not all PKMN that can Mega evolve have their Mega Stats/Types/Abilities. Like Beedrill, which I guess is fine because if it were many people would use that early in game. But yeah I'm curious as to which ones got their stats changed and which ones didn't.
    When I reported this on page 4, noone seem to care ._.

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Can we still suggest TM changes? If yes, then I'd like to suggest that you replace Snatch with something like Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast, so that Pokemon like Togekiss can have good STAB.

Speaking of Togekiss, the Wild Pokemon document says that you need a Shiny Stone to evolve your Togetic. Where can you find Shiny Stones?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2021
    Can we still suggest TM changes? If yes, then I'd like to suggest that you replace Snatch with something like Dazzling Gleam or Moonblast, so that Pokemon like Togekiss can have good STAB.

Speaking of Togekiss, the Wild Pokemon document says that you need a Shiny Stone to evolve your Togetic. Where can you find Shiny Stones?

you can use a sun stone to evolve

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen today
    So I helped Wally catch Ralts, but the Zigzagoon he was using made the Ralts faint and it acted as if he caught it. Is that normal?

Years
    • Seen May 16, 2016
    My Lilligant just learnt Quiver Dance and it seems broken - it has the same effect as Dragon Dance, i.e. boosts Atk and Spe; well, at least it states so when I use it in battle.

Edit: Nevermind. Just read the Bug/Notes section in the main post.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just for input on replacing TM's, here are the TM numbers I would be glad to see changed: 03, 05, 07, 12, 20, 21, 23, 31, 37, 34, 41, 42, 45, 48, 49

TM07 Hail can be replaced, unless you (magically :)) made it where Blizzard is 100% accurate. If it's the same though, you can get rid of it.
    TM31 Brick Break can hopefully be replaced by a better Fighting move :)

TM34 (Shockwave), TM42 (Facade) are both given to you in game by Bosses. You could think of something to change how the interaction would go, but I would simply change the moves to Charge Beam and Body Slam. Body Slam is amazing but should be a fine gift after the 5th Gym IMO. I'd also like to get rid of TM47 Steel Wing, but I couldn't think of a better replacement; maybe Flash Cannon? Not many pokemon learn it within this game's early game, it wouldn't be so bad if you go for that.

I'm doing a Monotype-Flying run for this game. So far this is my team post 3rd gym:

Mantine Lv. 15 (The method of leveling a Mantyke with a Remoraid in the party works! Holy crap you are the man LL Cool J!)
    Taillow Lv. 20
    Staravia Lv. 22
    Butterfree Lv. 21 (Based Sleep Powder)
    Charmeleon Lv. 25 (Thank god for Dragon Rage early game!)

Really fun so far. I've played many hacks that jack up the difficulty by being overleveled, but I have a feeling the strategy for the teams will get better for this one.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    Hello, I'm pretty new here. I really enjoy this game due to the changes so first question:

During the beginning sequences of the game, is it just me or is moves like tackle and pound deal only 1 damage?

Another thing I want to point out is the TM changes: 03, 05, 07, 12, 20, 21, 23, 32, 34, 37, 41, 42, 45, 47, 48, 49, 50

TM03: Water Pulse > Scald ............ this one works just fine since Marlon also hands out Scald in B2W2 and he's also the 8th gym leader
    TM05: Roar > U-turn
    TM07: Hail > Sword Dance
    TM12: Taunt > Nasty Plot ........... Suits the Trick Master Pretty well too
    TM20: Safeguard > Giga Impact ............ Physical-counterpart for Hyper Beam, which could also be found in the same place
    TM21: Fustruation > Crunch/ Night Slash ....... No reason why really
    TM23: Iron Tail > Flash Connon .......... suitable late-game move
    TM32: Double Team > Roost/ Recover or Psyshock
    TM34: Shock Wave > Volt Switch ......... Like tudou said, that's what Wattson gave us in ORAS already
    TM37: Sandstorm > Rock Slide/ Stone Edge ............ might be a bit OP for mid-game but its gotta be there somewhere
    TM41: Torment > Dark Pulse ............... since this is going to be OP for sure, relocate it to elsewhere
    TM42: Facade > Body Slam
    TM45: Attract > Dlazzing Gleam/ Moonblast ............ OP for where it could be found so relocate this move too
    TM47: Steel Wing > Iron Head ................. Much more accurate and diverse on pokemons, although its a bit OP for early gmae
    TM48: Skill Swap > X-scissor
    TM49: Snatch > Big Buzz
    TM50: Overheat > Flare Blitz .................Wouldn't make too much fuss about this one if it remains the same, but having Flare Blitz as a TM would be sweet

As for the other tms:
    TM39: Rock Tomb - This move is already solid for one of your first TMs already, changing it would only make it OP or useless
    TM31: Brick Break - Again, a very solid move a base 75 attack, 15 PP, good accuracy and learn-able by many non-fighters, I see no reason why this move should be changed
    TM01: Focus Punch - Could make an argument for this one but its pretty much a must-have move for Breloom
    TM09: Bullet Seed - useless move, changing it to Spore/Leaf Blade would be awesome but then it would also be OP as hell for early-game

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    With gen VI change Bullet Seed is 25/100 and it is physical. On averange it will hit 3 times so it is 75 base power Grass-type physical move, 5 points shy of Seed Bomb. And there is chance for hitting 4-5 times, and critical hits.
    It is almost IDEAL move for physical grass pokemons, like Breloom. Spore and Leaf Blade have no distribution, only few of pokemon learns these moves.

Years
    • Seen Jul 21, 2022
    With gen VI change Bullet Seed is 25/100 and it is physical. On averange it will hit 3 times so it is 75 base power Grass-type physical move, 5 points shy of Seed Bomb. And there is chance for hitting 4-5 times, and critical hits.
    It is almost IDEAL move for physical grass pokemons, like Breloom. Spore and Leaf Blade have no distribution, only few of pokemon learns these moves.

Oh right, totally forgot about the update in Gen 6, I don't have a 3DS yet, read it off Bulbapedia.

Then what about Seed Bomb? I remembered that move just now and its power is more solid than bullet seed and is widely distributed to almost all grass-type pokemon plus some others.

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Thought dump time:
    Finished the game. Now I can move on to other stuff I want to play.
    The level curve between the 5th badge and the 7th badge doesn't quite keep up with the player. By the time I fought Winona. she had a level 38 ace when the rest of my team was around 40.
    Between Sidney's lowest leveled Pokemon (54) and Wallace's highest leveled Pokemon (67) is a whopping 13 levels. Wallace's levels need to be brought down a lot. Because let's face it, people are probably going to grind to about probably Drake or Wallace's levels, and push over the other E4 members.
    Grinding after all the trainers are defeated in general takes too long, especially in Victory Road, due to the levels of the Pokemon being too low. I suggest adding some Audinos into Victory Road somewhere.
    Also, the Safari Zone is unedited.

My overall impression was ehh. There isn't much done to improve the viability of some Pokemon, although this will get better as TMs are edited. Movepools could also need a few tweaks. It's probably the level jump in the Elite 4 that led to the bad taste in my mouth, though. And the stupidly-overpowered Mega-yet-not-Mega Pokemon weren't very fun. You can only mega evolve one Pokemon in battle and have them not be able to hold items for a reason
    That's just my opinion, though.

Years
  • I'm playing it right now; just finished second gym...a piece of cake after I got a Starly to evolve...strange it evolves at level 14, or it's usually at that level, I'm not too sure...but I'm kind of disappointed that I got a Bulbasaur at only level 5! Would be nice if you could change it to, say, level 10 or 15.
    Also, it would be nice if you could make HMs deletable.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back