• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon leaks begin

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Its ability Water Bubble is likely going to make that fight into hell. You can't easily use a Grass-type to resist those powered-up Water moves since it'll probably have some Bug move.

Dartrix would be your best bet against Araquanid since it's neutral to Bug and has supereffective Flying STAB.

Anyway, I love the new move tutors, especially the fact that Defog is one of the moves, since it was tedious to get a Defog Pokemon from Gen IV to VII.

That being said, here are my thoughts on the new Pokemon:

I'm glad that I went with Ultra Sun first because I'm pleased with Blacephalon's stats. It's basically a faster but frailer Chandelure:
-Calm Mind
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Mind Blown/Psychic
Nature: Timid
EVs: 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb/Firium Z/Ghostium Z

or
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-Mind Blown/Knock Off
Nature: Timid/Naive
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

As cool of a name Stakataka is, its bad defensive typing makes its good defenses moot:
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake/Toxic
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Chople Berry/Shuca Berry

or (in VGC/doubles format)
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Gyro Ball
-Wide Guard
-Protect/Rock Slide
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Leftovers/Rockium Z/Figy Berry

Naganadel is shaping up to be an immense threat in OU because it can check the Tapus despite being neutral to Fairy. This EV spread allows Beast Boost to increase its Speed after a KO; it can even use Chansey as setup bait:
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Wave
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Thunderbolt
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Dragonium Z/Life Orb

Zeraora is interesting; it's a shame that it's not Electric/Fighting:
-Plasma Fists
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/Hidden Power (Ice)/Volt Switch
-Fire Punch/Knock Off/Volt Switch
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Ultra Necrozma is shaping up to be a neat Uber despite having to rely on its Z Crystal to transform from one of its fused forms:
-Photon Geyser
-Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Stone Edge/Power Gem/Dragon Pulse/Stealth Rock
Nature: Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe or 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Ultranecrozium Z

Dusk Lycanroc really benefits from Drill Run because of Tough Claws powering it up, giving it a pseudo-QuakeEdge combo. Midday Lycanroc does too, but I think Dusk Lycanroc can pull it off better because of Tough Claws:
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Drill Run
-Accelerock
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe
Item: Lycanium Z/Life Orb

As for other tutor moves and new moves by level up:

Lurantis benefits from Superpower added to its move pool because it makes physical versions viable:
-Leaf Blade
-Superpower
-Knock Off/Defog
-Synthesis/Defog
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Contrary

Therian Landorus also likes Defog, but it's going to suffer from 4MSS a bit.

Decidueye gaining Shadow Sneak is neat; now it doesn't have to rely on Sucker Punch for priority.

Mimikyu's Z Crystal is an alternative alongside Ghostium Z if you want supereffective coverage.

SubPunch Tapu Bulu is pretty cool, considering it has Horn Leech and Grassy Terrain to restore lost HP to make substitutes:
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Horn Leech
-Focus Punch

Samurott gains Sacred Sword, while Lucario gains Meteor Mash, but only by breeding with Smeargle. Let's hope the next gen fixes this by giving more Field egg group Pokemon these moves.

The more I think about it, the more I like mixed Kommo-o now that it gained Close Combat:
-Clanging Scales
-Close Combat
-Flash Cannon/Poison Jab
-Flamethrower/Fire Punch
Nature: Naive/Rash
Item: Kommonium Z

Tsareena can now use its decent offensive move pool effectively; before that, it was mainly played defensively:
-Power Whip
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-Rapid Spin
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Queenly Majesty

Klefki gaining Defog is weird, but at least it can get Prankster Defogs off.

Toxapex gaining Knock Off makes it even more annoying to switch into than it is now:
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Haze/Knock Off
-Recover
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/64 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator

Tapu Koko also gets Defog; it's good at pressuring non-Ground Pokemon with Electric Terrain-powered attacks.

Ribombee, Slurpuff, and Araquanid gain Sticky Web. I'm not sure how the first two can make use of it, but it's a good filler move for Araquanid given how shallow its move pool is.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Mar 9, 2019
Ive actually been playing ultra moon all day. The cia file was leaked last night. The ultra recon squad makes an appearance almost right off the bat.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Dartrix would be your best bet against Araquanid since it's neutral to Bug and has supereffective Flying STAB.

Anyway, I love the new move tutors, especially the fact that Defog is one of the moves, since it was tedious to get a Defog Pokemon from Gen IV to VII.

That being said, here are my thoughts on the new Pokemon:

I'm glad that I went with Ultra Sun first because I'm pleased with Blacephalon's stats. It's basically a faster but frailer Chandelure:
-Calm Mind
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Mind Blown/Psyshock
Item: Life Orb/Firium Z

or
-Fire Blast
-Shadow Ball
-Psyshock
-Mind Blown/Knock Off
Nature: Timid/Naive
Item: Choice Specs/Choice Scarf

As cool of a name Stakataka is, its bad defensive typing makes its good defenses moot:
-Stealth Rock
-Stone Edge
-Gyro Ball
-Earthquake/Toxic
Nature: Sassy
EVs: 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Leftovers/Chople Berry/Shuca Berry

or (in VGC/doubles format)
-Stone Edge/Rock Slide
-Gyro Ball
-Wide Guard
-Protect/Rock Slide
Nature: Brave
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Def
Item: Leftovers/Rockium Z/Figy Berry

Naganadel is shaping up to be an immense threat in OU because it can check the Tapus despite being neutral to Fairy. This EV spread allows Beast Boost to increase its Speed after a KO; it can even use Chansey as setup bait:
-Nasty Plot
-Sludge Wave
-Draco Meteor
-Fire Blast/Thunderbolt
EVs: 252 SAtk/4 SDef/252 Spe
Item: Dragonium Z/Life Orb

Zeraora is interesting; it's a shame that it's not Electric/Fighting:
-Plasma Fists
-Close Combat
-Grass Knot/Volt Switch
-Fire Punch/Volt Switch
Nature: Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Life Orb

Ultra Necrozma is shaping up to be a neat Uber despite having to rely on its Z Crystal to transform from one of its fused forms:
-Photon Geyser
-Sunsteel Strike/Moongeist Beam
-Earthquake/Earth Power
-Stone Edge/Power Gem/Dragon Pulse/Stealth Rock
Nature: Timid/Jolly/Hasty/Naive
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spe or 4 Def/252 SAtk/252 Spe
Item: Ultranecrozium Z

Dusk Lycanroc really benefits from Drill Run because of Tough Claws powering it up, giving it a pseudo-QuakeEdge combo. Midday Lycanroc does too, but I think Dusk Lycanroc can pull it off better because of Tough Claws:
-Swords Dance
-Stone Edge
-Drill Run
-Accelerock
Item: Lycanium Z/Life Orb

As for other tutor moves and new moves by level up:

Lurantis benefits from Superpower added to its move pool because it makes physical versions viable:
-Leaf Blade
-Superpower
-Knock Off/Defog
-Synthesis/Defog
EVs: 248 HP/252 Atk/8 SDef
Ability: Contrary

Therian Landorus also likes Defog, but it's going to suffer from 4MSS a bit.

Decidueye gaining Shadow Sneak is neat; now it doesn't have to rely on Sucker Punch for priority.

Mimikyu's Z Crystal is an alternative alongside Ghostium Z if you want supereffective coverage.

SubPunch Tapu Bulu is pretty cool, considering it has Horn Leech and Grassy Terrain to restore lost HP to make substitutes:
-Substitute
-Leech Seed
-Horn Leech
-Focus Punch

Samurott gains Sacred Sword, while Lucario gains Meteor Mash, but only by breeding with Smeargle. Let's hope the next gen fixes this by giving more Field egg group Pokemon these moves.

The more I think about it, the more I like mixed Kommo-o now that it gained Close Combat:
-Clanging Scales
-Close Combat
-Flash Cannon/Poison Jab
-Flamethrower/Fire Punch
Nature: Naive/Rash
Item: Kommonium Z

Tsareena can now use its decent offensive move pool effectively; before that, it was mainly played defensively:
-Power Whip
-High Jump Kick
-Knock Off
-Rapid Spin
Item: Choice Scarf

Klefki gaining Defog is weird, but at least it can get Prankster Defogs off.

Toxapex gaining Knock Off makes it even more annoying to switch into than it is now:
-Scald
-Toxic Spikes
-Haze/Knock Off
-Recover
Nature: Bold/Calm
EVs: 252 HP/192 Def/64 SDef or 252 HP/4 Def/252 SDef
Item: Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator

Tapu Koko also gets Defog; it's good at pressuring non-Ground Pokemon with Electric Terrain-powered attacks.

Ribombee, Slurpuff, and Araquanid gain Sticky Web. I'm not sure how the first two can make use of it, but it's a good filler move for Araquanid given how shallow its move pool is.

sticky Web is GREAT for Araquanid considering how BUCKLY this thing is... great for setting up entry hazards like how Skamoury is great for setting up stealth rock/spikes.

Sul_Silver

Please don't hit yourself in confusion... %@#$!!!
Years
Looking at the large image with all pokemon on the pokedex, I can see that a few pokemon have a secondary sprite.
A theory is that those pokemon are totem pokemon. And it works, since most of the pokemon that seem to have a secondary sprite are also totems, such as Sallazle and Lurantis.
But a few other pokemon such as Weavile and Garchomp also have a secondary sprite.
Soooooo... Any thoughts on this?

Years
I feel like that entire article is one of those situations where someone is like, "Don't look now but..." and then you look anyways because now you have to. c:

Also the music clips.... x_x I'm so stoked!! (Discovered through the Link Famon posted earlier.)

See, the music/Pok?dex entries being spoiled for me doesn't bother me. I just don't want to story to be spoiled. :)

But yes, the music is so hype. Especially the Ghetsis theme.

Years

Except the issue is I don't like Rowlet as much as Popplio, because I feel Rowlet is way too overused due to people choosing it only because of Decidueye's design.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
I have to ask... can you get HA for Alolan starters?
I WANT my imtimidate incinerator

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
It's all true, though I'm unsure about the Ash, Rainbow Rocket, unknown trial, and Champion parts, since I can't really find supporting evidence (but I also haven't really looked for most lol)

Uh... Rainbow Rocket is a thing... Official have already released them, whut.

Years
I have to ask... can you get HA for Alolan starters?
I WANT my imtimidate incinerator

Well, since we choose our Alola starter at the start again, they're still stuck with the standard Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent. Unless if Nintendo release an event distribution that has them, we'll have to wait until the move to Switch before we may finally see HA Alola starters.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I'm Grass Monotyping Ultra Sun so will be starting with the adorable Rowlet.

Disappointingly the Oddish line appear to be uncatchable but I am very pleased that Tsareena can learn Power Whips in USUM.

Years
  • Seen May 6, 2023
Well, since we choose our Alola starter at the start again, they're still stuck with the standard Overgrow, Blaze and Torrent. Unless if Nintendo release an event distribution that has them, we'll have to wait until the move to Switch before we may finally see HA Alola starters.

so no way of getting HA like how we were able to get HA greninja in X and Y?

Years
I'm Grass Monotyping Ultra Sun so will be starting with the adorable Rowlet.

Disappointingly the Oddish line appear to be uncatchable but I am very pleased that Tsareena can learn Power Whips in USUM.

Power Whip is good but it suffers from not good accuracy, so Trop Kick does still have a niche with its better accuracy and Attack-lowering side effect.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Uh... Rainbow Rocket is a thing... Official have already released them, whut.

If you read the post I was replying to, you would notice I was referring to the part where someone asked about Rainbow Rocket's specific GOALS revealed by the story text, not the fact they exist. But thanks anyway.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
Years
I am not seeing anything in this thread, but has clothing been confirmed? Like what type of new clothing we can get? Also will we be able to get both cool and warm colors in a single game without buying from others?

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I haven't really seen this mentioned anywhere....but does anyone know whether travelling through the Ultra Wormhole (on Solgaleo/Lunala) is a post-game thing?

I get the impression that it will be post-game, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

Also a minor spoiler regarding the Ultra Wormholes...

Spoiler:

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Power Whip is good but it suffers from not good accuracy, so Trop Kick does still have a niche with its better accuracy and Attack-lowering side effect.

That is true. Whilst personally I will still likely use Trop Kick the increased Power of Power Whip will be useful in-game.

Tsareena should really learn Blaze Kick and Stomping Tantrum but it seemingly does not.

Years
Since US/UM will be the last Pokemon games I'll play for a while (since I'd wait for a price reduction for the Switch), I may alternate between US/UM for the main version and S/M for trading purposes.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
I haven't really seen this mentioned anywhere....but does anyone know whether travelling through the Ultra Wormhole (on Solgaleo/Lunala) is a post-game thing?

I get the impression that it will be post-game, but I haven't seen any confirmation.

Also a minor spoiler regarding the Ultra Wormholes...

Spoiler:

The story text makes it look like you will go through Wormholes before your final trial. I havent played it though, just read the script basically

Last edited:
Back