• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2022
    Could you put me the link of your discord I still don't know how the pokecommunity works, it would be of great help

Years
    • Seen Mar 27, 2021
    Managed to finish the Hero's Journey on Insane difficulty on my first playthrough. Amazing game, and loved the challenge - thanks so much.

Now Im sticking around and try to complete the remaining missions, but I encountered some glitches with them (v 1.1.3.1):
    - When fighting the Black Ferrothorn boss in Antisis, the game freezes on the second turn after Alolan Muk is sent out. I tried it with different teams and battling strategies, but it kept happening. The only way to beat it was to setup on another 'mon and OHKO Muk. Then the game progresses as normal.
    - The portal for Necrozma does not appear. Went to Frost Mountain 3F at night as the Wild Locations suggest, but its not there. Do I need to capture all the others first or what?

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    Managed to finish the Hero's Journey on Insane difficulty on my first playthrough. Amazing game, and loved the challenge - thanks so much.

Now Im sticking around and try to complete the remaining missions, but I encountered some glitches with them (v 1.1.3.1):
    - When fighting the Black Ferrothorn boss in Antisis, the game freezes on the second turn after Alolan Muk is sent out. I tried it with different teams and battling strategies, but it kept happening. The only way to beat it was to setup on another 'mon and OHKO Muk. Then the game progresses as normal.
    - The portal for Necrozma does not appear. Went to Frost Mountain 3F at night as the Wild Locations suggest, but its not there. Do I need to capture all the others first or what?

You need solgaleo and lunala on your party to find the portal for necrozma

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2023
    I can't imagine playing this game without speedup. Some of the pokemon encounter rates are laughably small. Spent 2 hours trying to complete that 3 honey from combee quest and frankly burned myself out from this game. Not fun even in the slightest, and I'm willing to bet a lot of the quests are basically "farm x pokemon who has a stupidly low encounter rate x times"

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2022
    i finished that mission in 15 minutes bro, and tbh uptill now the encounter rate for combee wasnt even that low or maybe im just lucky.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2021
    Been playing in the emulator Delta of IOS. The problem is the emulator has a time bug and can´t be fix (I think is called TRC) so the time its always 00:00:00.
    Will there be any big problem or change playing the story? (Probably some events and pokemon that appear on this won´t be posible to appear)
    Thanks in advance

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I can't imagine playing this game without speedup. Some of the pokemon encounter rates are laughably small. Spent 2 hours trying to complete that 3 honey from combee quest and frankly burned myself out from this game. Not fun even in the slightest, and I'm willing to bet a lot of the quests are basically "farm x pokemon who has a stupidly low encounter rate x times"

Had that particular issue as well, I was really annoyed by these conditions. Until I realised I wasn't utilizing the mechanics the game has to offer.
    You basically just need to catch a bunch of Cutieflys with Honey Gather ability and do a couple of encounters with them in your party. They collect Honey regardless and you can skip Combees altogether.
    You can also use the DexNav (register Combee to R Button) and use a Repel, if you really want to find Combees instead.
    The second method is particularly useful for a later mission which requires you to find Pretty Wings, which I actually finished that way instead of being unaware. Before, I told myself after receiving the mission: "Yeah, I'm not gonna do that 20 times which sucked 3 times." But let me tell you, it's really easy using all the tools provided.

Unrelated, but in case someone stumbles across my earlier issue of saving "in the future" (alleged RTC tampering) and disabling all things RTC, I'll just quickly confirm that you can date your save backwards with a little bit of hex editing knowledge. Again, not condoning abusing that, just putting it here in case I don't ever reply and someone wants to help themselves.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2023
    After setting my difficulty from "Hard" (selected at the beginning of the game) to "Default" (on my 3rd attempt of the first gym), I can't set my difficulty back to Hard. If this isn't due to a bug of some sort, then I think the only info that could be of note is that my battle style is "Semi-Shift" (I can't remember when it was selected). Is anyone having a similar issue, and if so, do they know how to resolve this?

It's not a bug. That is the intention. If you wish to complete the game on a certain difficulty, you have to stay on that difficulty all the way from the start. If it ends up being too difficult and you get stuck, you can lower the difficulty but won't be able to increase it back again.

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2024
    People who have played this for awhile is there anyway to trick the swarm mechanic or something? I'm nearly the end of the game have yet to encounter a litleo swarm.

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    People who have played this for awhile is there anyway to trick the swarm mechanic or something? I'm nearly the end of the game have yet to encounter a litleo swarm.
    Save in front of a TV before signing off for the day, and the next day you play you can keep soft-resetting until you get the Pokemon you want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 23, 2021
    I'm extremely confused on how to install this rom hack. can someone please link me to a guide?

Back