• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Not exactly. Fixed RNG is even worse, everything scripted is pretty tedious. Most of the time, people like me use save states to avoid time waste; but with scripted rng is everything about the game "will". Its not possible to bear that if a pokemon is scripted to be not captured, yoiu must fail then. People dont want to waste entire life on doing a capture. Few days ago i ve tried to capture Celesteela; after a a pinch state, and inflict a lot of sleeping and use about 50 Ultra Balls its not acceptable that the pokemon was not captured. I wasted a lot of time pratically for nothing because the game wanted so. This is atrocious, expecially with mission that force you to capture pokemon instead of choice to capture or defeat (Portal Purge).
    This game is basically perfect, full of stuff, but the legendary catch mission ruin the experience. I would bare the fixed rng if i can choice to just defeat the legendaries instead of feel forced to catch em all.

You're literally saying it's bad because you can't cheat. Why don't you try using better balls than Ultra Balls? You might find it easier. Ultra Balls are one of the worst balls you can use to catch legends.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    The lack of understanding RNG and imagining rightfully complaining about it is baffling.
    If you don't know how RNG works, do some research.

As a quick explanation (I'm nowhere near an expert on ROM hacking or scripting, rather an educated guesser with light programming knowledge), RNG (or rather PRNG) is never truly "random". Each game and engine has its own mechanic on calculating or seeding possible outcomes, utilizing system time, button presses, or other inputs. If you know the factors, RNG is perfectly predictable as it is just math.
    If you are complaining about fights being the same using save states, its because you don't give the RNG anything new to calculate. The seed just stays the same.

If anyone wants to try it, save state before talking to a trainer, battle them, observe critical hits or status moves (anything lucky). Reload the state, wait a bit or walk around, pressing random buttons. Then battle again and you will notice an entirely different outcome.

So, make sure you know what you are talking about before showing you don't.

On a different note, anyone using a Krookodile with Power Trip?
    I leveled a Krokorok (for the boosted EXP) and evolved it around level 60, assuming Power Trip is an evolution move. It didn't learn it, however.
    The Move Maniac doesn't show it either and pumping Rare Candies in it to test until level 100, it never learned it.

Is Power Trip not included in this hack? An enemy in Thundercap Mt. is supposed to have one with Power Trip, so I'm puzzled.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2022
    The game is fantastic. The folk who worked on it went above and beyond. Granted I've only played up to Gen 5 in the main series, but this is at least the second best Pokemon game I've played. I guess nostalgia keeps Gold/Silver in first place.

Personally, my only major gripe is how the elite four cheat. Re-battling the dragon and ghost trainer on expert can be frustrating. I can't land a hit on the dragon tamer as my mons always flinch thanks to rock slide, and the ghost trainer's Pokémon cheat by gaining an extra ability effectively (Multiscale). Not to mention the full restores. Also your PP get absolutely wrecked, and I can't see anywhere to buy Elixirs to compensate. Basically impossible to take them on without a legendary Pokemon or two.

Thanks to the dev and anyone who's helped him about. It is a masterpiece of a ROM hack.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    If anyone wants to try it, save state before talking to a trainer, battle them, observe critical hits or status moves (anything lucky). Reload the state, wait a bit or walk around, pressing random buttons. Then battle again and you will notice an entirely different outcome.

The problem is probably that real gen 1-3 games did not use rng in this way. In gen 1-3 you could savestate before each ball throw, load, throw again, and get different results. Or use less than 100% accuracy moves and just load if it failed. It started with the DS games to behave the way it is in this hack. If someone never played DS games, or never on an emulator that supports savestates, that behavior is certainly surprising.
    So this mechanic was changed from the game this hack is patched upon, for the better or worse, that's still the devs' decision.

Not to mention the full restores. Also your PP get absolutely wrecked, and I can't see anywhere to buy Elixirs to compensate.
    From what I've read, for farming your best bet is to wait for (or save before midnight and reload until you get one) a Mr. Mime swarm, they can carry Leppa berries.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I leveled a Krokorok (for the boosted EXP) and evolved it around level 60, assuming Power Trip is an evolution move. It didn't learn it, however.
    The Move Maniac doesn't show it either and pumping Rare Candies in it to test until level 100, it never learned it.

Is Power Trip not included in this hack? An enemy in Thundercap Mt. is supposed to have one with Power Trip, so I'm puzzled.

Anyone? I'm quite clueless as to why it didn't learn it, given the particular trainer is supposed to have one.

To elaborate on my endeavor, I wanted to try a double battle combo, triggering Anger Point by a friendly Pokémon. Potentially by Frost Breath from a Smeargle or a crit-move.

Thanks in advance to anyone looking into it.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    If you look at first post, under "Documentation" you will find many useful links; anyway, krokorok last level up moves are Trash at Lv50, while Krookodile last level up move are Outrage at Lv61.
    Power Trip are one of Sandile Egg Moves, so you have to breed or go at Battle Frontier Egg Move Tutor (in Seaport City)

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I want to ask about the efficiency features this hack have;

• I realize that each time we've done speak to the healer (PC or Chansey or etc) we automatically turn back to prevents double healing that was annoying for fast forward player. Thats a good feature. Could u may do this feature to other NPC as well?

• Could u may also added TM sort option by name as well? I was really helped by the Item sort and was think about TM sort too...

• You've added infinite space for bag (cube), that's good. But sometimes we also need to deposit our items in computer so that our bag won't be so full of items, and the problem is, the computer have a very limited space I guess...

Years
    • Seen Sep 4, 2021
    I'm still waiting for the post-game content to be finished before I start playing this hack, but the wait is really hard... Any updates on the next content update would be greatly appreciated.

N

Play Online Multiplayer GBA Emulator: Multigba S
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2023
    I'm still waiting for the post-game content to be finished before I start playing this hack, but the wait is really hard... Any updates on the next content update would be greatly appreciated.

Based on my experience, if u like to play GBA ROM hack, I suggest u to not play unbound yet...cz this hack will make u bored to play other hacks due to unbound's high efficiency features and other things...
    Unless if there's other hacks who have similar or competitive to unbound features, u may still get going with that hack...
    But if u really that exited to play, try it then

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2023
    Based on my experience, if u like to play GBA ROM hack, I suggest u to not play unbound yet...cz this hack will make u bored to play other hacks due to unbound's high efficiency features and other things...
    Unless if there's other hacks who have similar or competitive to unbound features, u may still get going with that hack...
    But if u really that exited to play, try it then

Ahaha, this is exactly what happened to me. Luckly i played GS Chronicles and DarkViolet before, and now im waiting for Saffron (and next Unbound version of course)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021

Actually even though the game is not entirely completed there's a heck of a lot of things to do, you will get hours and hours of entertainment depending on the difficulty you choose and there's the option of playing it again (post game - yes there is a post game not entirely finished of course) if you didn't choose insane mode the first playthrough (create a copy of your first save file before doing game+ game). If you decide you can't wait, enjoy the game and good luck!

Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2023
    The lack of understanding RNG and imagining rightfully complaining about it is baffling.
    If you don't know how RNG works, do some research.

As a quick explanation (I'm nowhere near an expert on ROM hacking or scripting, rather an educated guesser with light programming knowledge), RNG (or rather PRNG) is never truly "random". Each game and engine has its own mechanic on calculating or seeding possible outcomes, utilizing system time, button presses, or other inputs. If you know the factors, RNG is perfectly predictable as it is just math.
    If you are complaining about fights being the same using save states, its because you don't give the RNG anything new to calculate. The seed just stays the same.

So, make sure you know what you are talking about before showing you don't.

For the rng, if you are in battle, then the outcomes are determined. It can be different if the battle didn't start yet. It seems to happen only to cfru hacks

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2022
    So, from the look of things, this started with Pokes and moves, etc up to Gen VII. Now it has Gen 8 garbage in it. Is there anyway to play without that?

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    So, from the look of things, this started with Pokes and moves, etc up to Gen VII. Now it has Gen 8 garbage in it. Is there anyway to play without that?

The hack's "Gen 8 garbage" doesn't include the Pokemon from that generation, but has the abilities, Dynamax and moves/movesets. So... No. There's not a patch that offers only up to gen 7 mechanics. You're free to contact Skeli but I'm certain he won't make a patch that removes many of the key features that comes with Gen VIII.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Hi all,
    is there a known issue with the ability "Natural Cure"?
    It is suppposed to cure major status ailments upon switching out or ending a battle.
    However, this only works partially for me. The ending battle condition seems fine, but it doesn't work mid-battle in my case.

I have a Trevenant with Natural Cure and it always keeps its status upon switching it out or switching it in.

It's not a big deal, really, as its usefulness is limited. But if anyone could check it, I'd appreciate it. Maybe a dev is even interested in fixing it.

Thanks in advance.

Years
    • Seen yesterday

Unless you kept/find an older build and go back to it, most likely no. I played v1.0.1 last year and I don't recall it having much from Gen 8 besides Raid battles which were optional side-stuff, but I didn't finish it so Idk.

Years
    • Seen Mar 9, 2023

there is literally not a single 8 gen Pokemon and all dynamax battles are optional (except maybe one pretty late in the story) but go off I guess...

Back