• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2023
    Think I may have found a bug, but not certain. I'm facing the mega evolution lady Maxima on expert difficulty, and it appears her Empoleon has priority while using Wave Crash. The documentation says it has no speed investment, and ability defiant, but it's outspeeding Pokemon I've EVd specifically to take it on. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a glitch?

Years
  • Think I may have found a bug, but not certain. I'm facing the mega evolution lady Maxima on expert difficulty, and it appears her Empoleon has priority while using Wave Crash. The documentation says it has no speed investment, and ability defiant, but it's outspeeding Pokemon I've EVd specifically to take it on. Is there something I'm missing, or is this a glitch?

IIRC Wave Crash is a priority move in Unbound.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    I'm having issues with downloading it, it keeps downloading as a .ups file and showing up as incompatible with my Firered ROM. Any tips?

Years
    • Seen Jan 17, 2023
    Skeli i have a question i have completed the main game so can we help dad(aros) to get out of the cube can this happen

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    Skeli i have a question i have completed the main game so can we help dad(aros) to get out of the cube can this happen

Not yet. Cube Corp. and the rest of the postgame isn't quite finished yet. Presumably we'll be able to do that once Skeli finishes the postgame.

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Fun game so far, I've enjoyed the story and the quest system. One issue I'm finding is that my alolan sandshrew doesn't seem to be evolving, despite almost being level 30. Have evolution methods been changed at all?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2024
    Really thank you for this! it is one of the most fun hacks y played in a while, I'm scratching my head trying to beat the elite 4 without losing my nuzlocke run or lowering the difficulty, its a really good game, thanks again.

Years
    • Seen Feb 6, 2023
    I have a question, is there any way to get dream balls? I already got some from the dream research lab, and I don't know if there's a way to get more.

Years
    • Seen today
    One issue I'm finding is that my alolan sandshrew doesn't seem to be evolving, despite almost being level 30. Have evolution methods been changed at all?

Alolan Sandshrew, like in the official games, evolves with Ice Stone, not by level-up.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    This is a reminder that you should keep it friendly on this forum. We're here to talk about this wonderful ROM hack. If you want to criticize the devs, you can do it elsewhere.

Hey I done absolutely zero criticizing one bit, that was all Dekay's doing. I only asked for the reason out of curiosity is all, but sorry anyway.

Years
    • Seen May 27, 2023
    I need help with the real-time clock. I am playing on Gpemu on a Chromebook os

If you're going to play Pokemon romhacks on emulator, especially these modern ones built off CFRU or PokeEmerald expansion, you want to use mGBA.

Google Play Store options:
    Lemuroid - Very simple emulator. Uses the mGBA libretro core.
    Retroarch - This is the emulator. It is far more complicated than necessary for most users. If you're going to emulate a lot of systems/games then this is worth learning. YouTube is your friend.

I don't recommend this, but if you're really wild you could install a Linux container and then install mGBA in a variety of ways.
    https://chromeos.dev/en/linux/setup
    You would make sure you installed the Gnome "Software" app, and then open it and search for mGBA.
    Or you could setup and install mGBA via Flatpak:
    https://flatpak.org/setup/Chrome OS (a lot of overlap here)
    and then run these commands at the bottom of this page:
    https://flathub.org/apps/details/io.mgba.mGBA

Last edited:
    Years
  • Look at my own screenshot....
    Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

rwbonesy

Dogulus Rift
    Years
  • haven't played this since it first hit around what, 2021? kinda fell off it at the end due to roughness but I came back to it today and it's a lot nicer and more fun for me now. cheers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2023
    I have a question, it may seem stupid to ask but I might as well, what's the shiny situation in this? Is it standard odds? do they even exist? Are there ways of making odds better?

Back