• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Unbound [COMPLETED]

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    When is whole thing coming out? I'd like to play it :)
    When it's ready. Hopefully not more than a year.

Sorry Skeli789, but the game is still lagging on my android device. Since other ROM hacks are working fine, I doubt it is a problem concerning my device or the Gameboid emulator. Have you or anyone else tried playing it on an android?
    When the beta testers originally tested it, it was working fine on Android. The problems came up when I created a patched version. I had assumed it was because of the base I used, but I'm not sure why it's still lagging.

Hi! I played the latest ver. of the alpha, and there are a lot of FPS spikes while using fast forward (playing the game on myboy)..
    Same answer as above. I have no idea why its happening to games played on Android.

I play it on My Boy and it works perfect, Skeli789 I love the new features and little changsha amazing hack outstanding theme
    Thank you!

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    This looks like it is going to be such a cool game when it is done! CanI beta test it? I would love to help!

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Hey,I decided to play on my mobile with myboy.yet ...I don't know how to change the file to a zip file(I'm a newb when it comes to changing files)...could someone help?

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
    i dont even know how you pulled of the zygarde system but that's just wonderfull . I didn't search much so i think that's why i am not able to find more gen7 (hopefully that's the reason).
    great work but now the bug . when i got to gabite summary and then press the down or up key to go through other pokemons summary the game just hangs after 2-3 times.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    This looks like it is going to be such a cool game when it is done! CanI beta test it? I would love to help!
    Thanks! I don't need more beta testers right now, but I'll let you know when the next round of beta testing begins.

i dont even know how you pulled of the zygarde system but that's just wonderfull . I didn't search much so i think that's why i am not able to find more gen7 (hopefully that's the reason).
    The only Gen 7 Pokemon available in the demo are Stufful, Alolan Sandshrew, Dewpider, Cutiefly, Comfey, Oricorio, Pikipek, and Salandit. So if you found all of these you've seen them all.

great work but now the bug . when i got to gabite summary and then press the down or up key to go through other pokemons summary the game just hangs after 2-3 times.
    What other Pokemon were you switching between? I don't think the bug is related to Gabite.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2017
    How to I patch it? And will I get Riolu even though I got alolan Vulpix? Last time I tried to patch, my save files didn't carry over.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    How to I patch it? And will I get Riolu even though I got alolan Vulpix? Last time I tried to patch, my save files didn't carry over.
    Download a vanilla copy of Fire Red (U)(Squirrels) and patch that. Then replace the old patched file, with the new patched file.

You won't get the Riolu, but if you want one, you can catch one on Route 2.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    Erm..well, seeing it seems no one saw this post...
    Hey,I decided to play on my mobile with myboy.yet ...I don't know how to change the file to a zip file(I'm a newb when it comes to changing files)...could someone help?

Trainer 766

It's a patch file you downloaded. Apply it on a clean FireRed gba rom. And don't ask where you can get it.

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    I don't know how my boy works. Sorry.

Phantom Phoenix

Lost on the road of life
    Years
    • Age 27
    • ???
    • Seen Jul 1, 2020

Why do you want to change the file to a .zip file ?
    If you are saying that you want to change that download .zip file to a .GBA or . IPS file the answer is you CAN'T . You can extract then patch.
    You have extract files from that .zip file . To do that you can use RAR.apk .
    www.google.com/url?q=https://play.g...sD7i5A&usg=AFQjCNGrbExhIcAwKYOc7VQmCY4B419PaQ
    And after extracting you will find an .ups and other files. Patch that .ups file using Rom Patcher .apk to your fire red base
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details%3Fid%3Dcom.xperia64.rompatcher%26hl%3Den&sa=U&ved=0ahUKEwiz-IKV9sjRAhVKOSYKHW3PAQ0QFggLMAA&sig2=1xOFBJBUliPfoYGwq4apEQ&usg=AFQjCNE18LK6V3dxqKo2qC3xPl5ijTmBvw

megaman d

novice scripter
    Years
    a great hack indeed and as i try the new feature , i like it even more. The side quest system seems really great (just finished the sandslash one) . got 4% core and still searching. just want to ask if the 7th gen moveset is also there. Either way i except a great year for the team and for the amazing hack.
    edit: and the gabite bug if fixed too. it leveled up from 26 to 29 by just capturing the snadshrew. i guess the excessive experience because of experience curve was causing the bug.
    edit2: got 11% of zygarde and am able to use zygarde dog form. Also the traded pokemon or gifted pokemon have max IV, is this intended ?
    if anyone want i have made the location for the cores.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 4, 2023
    ok so here are some glitches:

https://imgur.com/a/YVkUa

1.) If you lose in the admin battle, and then you go back, the overworld sprites disappear when you revisit

2.) All of the tms have the description for overheat for some reason

3.) When a pokemon has a speed boosting nature, the exp bar and required exp show up as red as well as the speed stat.

4.) If one of your pokemon faints, the send out option is in all caps

5.) When you go to the spooky woods or the field with the fairy types, the map glitches out and shows you in the top left.

I didn't take pics of these, but some of the mini sprites in the pokemon menu arent animated. Also, the encounter rate in the fairy field place is really high, you might wanna tone that down

Skeli

Lord of the Rings
    Years
    a great hack indeed and as i try the new feature , i like it even more. The side quest system seems really great (just finished the sandslash one) . got 4% core and still searching. just want to ask if the 7th gen moveset is also there. Either way i except a great year for the team and for the amazing hack.
    edit2: got 11% of zygarde and am able to use zygarde dog form. Also the traded pokemon or gifted pokemon have max IV, is this intended ?
    if anyone want i have made the location for the cores.
    Thank you! I'm working on updating most of the movesets to Gen 7, but some I modified so the game isn't excatly the same as the real games. For example, none of the ice type Pokemon know any ice type moves on Route 1.
    The perfect IVs were intended.

ok so here are some glitches:

https://imgur.com/a/YVkUa

1.) If you lose in the admin battle, and then you go back, the overworld sprites disappear when you revisit

2.) All of the tms have the description for overheat for some reason

3.) When a pokemon has a speed boosting nature, the exp bar and required exp show up as red as well as the speed stat.

4.) If one of your pokemon faints, the send out option is in all caps

5.) When you go to the spooky woods or the field with the fairy types, the map glitches out and shows you in the top left.

I didn't take pics of these, but some of the mini sprites in the pokemon menu arent animated. Also, the encounter rate in the fairy field place is really high, you might wanna tone that down
    1) I'll fix it
    2) I was aware of that. There's a limiter somewhere I don't know about.
    3) I knew about that. I need to rewrite the ASM code I got it from.
    4) I've been lazy about fixing that.
    5) I'll fix it

Thank you for your contributions!

Back