• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Voyager

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    p5LcvqQ.png

Lore
    Thousands of years ago, a catacalsymic event upended the majority of the planet's landmass. Sea levels rose to drastic levels, forcing Pokémon and mankind alike into the formerly-high-altitude region of Keplara. Generations later, the region's ever-growing population would force humanity to encroach upon the feral Pokémon's territory, increasing tensions across the region. With no other land on Earth to populate, Keplara's human residents have begun to explore alternatives for human expansion. Some choose to explore the land or sea, but others turn their attention towards the stars and space-faring technology.​
    Story
    You have lived your whole life in Andromeda City, the metropolitan heart of Keplara. Your father works for the Andromeda PD; your mother is the local Antares League gym leader. Someday you'll get a Trainer's License of your own and become a well-regarded Pokémon trainer yourself.

But today is not that day. Instead, today is an exciting day for Andromeda City: your mother's Antares League gym is moving into the snazziest new digs, all the way up to the top floors of the recently-completed Pokémon community skyscraper! There's still a few things left to move and unpack before the grand opening, but it's nothing that you and your father can't handle. What could possibly go wrong?
    Spoiler:

Pokémon Voyager's story is complete through just after Gym 5 (roughly 60%). Save data for this beta release may not be compatible with future releases.

Current Version: 0.3.5
    Version Changelog

Features
    Fakemon: currently 76+ Fakemon sprinkled throughout the region!

Highly Customizable Difficulty, Randomizers, Challenges, and Nuzlocke Modes: Whether you want a real challenge or to focus on the story, you can customize your gameplay experience!

Custom Battle Engine: Using DizzyEgg/RHH's upgraded pokeemerald battle engine as a base, Pokémon Voyager's battle engine is up to date with Gen 8 standards, and includes several custom moves, effects, abilities, and items have been added to develop a unique battling experience!

Rotation Battles: Pokémon Voyager's includes rotation battles from Generation 5+6! In this mode, you have three Pokemon on the field at once, but only 1 active battler. You can rotate freely between each active Pokemon, but you only attack with your leading Pokemon! Available in the Battle Factory.

Battle Factory Mode: In the mood for some quick no-commitment battles? Boot up Battle Factory Mode and play a challenge with a rental Pokémon team! Be a trend-setter for your story-mode playthrough, where your winning Battle Factory mode outfits can be purchased at a discount!

Pokemon Research: Encounter Pokemon species even your Pokedex cannot identify! You can unlock your inner Pokemon Porfessor and research these novel species through in game experiences and/or with the help of a Pokemon Researcher to unlock their attributes!

Specific Features:
    The most up to date list of features can be found here
    Spoiler:
    Difficulty/Challenge Options:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots
    4N4Dly8.png
    0IOt05L.png
    2g70Qqy.png
    Rivcne3.png
    IsyORoU.png
    i3Vvunp.png
    nmo1DEX.png
    YKoWlpi.png
    KLbG1NB.png
    KjsGYgp.png
    qG4SIYJ.png
    7LbXgMV.png
    H5nYAod.png
    nOdfgdI.png
    TIYfcVI.png
    BTA3LVd.png
    lZx1z50.png
    k4KqbAI.png
    9hXStRR.png
    xUO4BSe.png
    RAMmxwW.png
    jRgnwnc.png
    AaAwEdw.png
    f1tgl3u.png
    k6LKGTU.png
    zyOlQFA.png
    sxx3d8S.png
    88iko35.png
    6HNxwTw.png
    Ly0UH7G.png
    0wrGkQs.png
    oI63zSo.png
    Koz5Pgh.png
    5w6Fqey.png
    9wWsbTP.png

GIFs
    hyFTpvD.gif
    nqVVT5h.gif
    4shwrvP.gif
    Y4L9zv4.gif
    fMiNOmC.gif
    TBjsHWI.gif
    SEgNfQR.gif
    JHxtjLm.gif
    ZeZ3UNS.gif
    aIwSnHu.gif
    qCQtOfz.gif
    mqL6mFa.gif
    dZzVJOv.gif
    PRnwUoO.gif
    QdLUF26.gif
    8JBDeWV.gif
    EoGDjZp.gif
    5vMthJy.gif
    zrxWhR5.gif
    lDVs8C5.gif

How to Play
    Spoiler:
    Team
    First Initial, Last Name
    • ghoulslash
    • klemniops
    Recruiting
    Are you passionate about the project? We are looking for team members/contributors who have an interest in seeing Pokemon Voyager become the best version of itself. Our project is very ambitious and could use your help!
    • Mapping/Tilesets - our region is big and only 40% mapped so far! If you have an interest in creating maps, upgrading tilesets, etc, please let us know!
    • Spriter - We can always use improved/new art! Specifically: trainer sprites, fakemon redesigns, battle backgrounds, map popup themes, and more!
    • Scripting - Interested in developing side quests or making random NPCs? There is also potential to work on the main storyline depending on your interest / scripting capabilities.
    • Custom music/sound effects.
    • Other skills are certainly welcome if you are passionate about the project and have something to offer!

Game Information
    Check out the Pokémon Voyager wiki for any and all information about the game!

Discord
    Interested in contributing, have a question, or just want to discuss the game? Join here!
    https://discord.gg/sDnQH9s8nH

FAQ
    Spoiler:

Bugs
    Reporting via discord is preferred, but you can post on this thread as well.
    • Watering berries can mess up the player's graphics temporarily. Just enter your party menu and return if this happens.

Credits
    View the long list of credits here.

We may have forgotten some sources, please let us know ASAP if you've been left off the list! The last thing we want to do is take credit for something that what not solely our work!

Last edited:

Dr. Seuss

Will finish GS Chronicles, I swear!
    Years
  • Whoa. This romhack looks pretty promising. I really like the new features included. My only suggestion is the colored text in battles is kinda hhard to read with a green background. Changing it to white will make it perfect. I'll play the demo later. For now thread approved!
    EXvWcViXYAAhRu5.jpg

Years
    • Age 21
    • they / them
    • Seen Apr 17, 2024
    I just wanted to say this project looks crazily fantastic. Nice graphics, good-looking fakemon, actual achievements and a massive customization also the pokeblackjack is astounding
    I might not know how the full story will play out but i'm gonna put all my hope in this. Keep up the good work!

Outwitter

You reap what you plant...
    Years
  • Very very interesting indeed! It's packed with so many amazing features, I've lost count. It's a bit of irony though, that this spectacular Emerald project is coming from one of the CFRU guys! What were you thinking? Nonetheless, Voyager is looking very promising and I wish you best of luck for the project...

Years
  • wow this looks really good! Really shows the power of decompilation! I particularly liked the encounter system idea which is as good as the overworld encounter system.. the mini card looks really cool too (almost thought you implemented pokemon tcg for a while!)

Regarding the special item feature, I also liked that idea too but could be done similar to another specific rpg I've played "Suikoden 2" which almost had similar function.

Also glad you stucked with the vanilla tilesets and could release small beta as well!

Years
  • I played this last night and it's so done well. Tho I'm hoping that the fakemon get sprite redesigns later on because some of them are not that good (yet).

Jaizu

Average rom hacker
    Years
  • I'm pretty happy you managed to release it. Not only you did a great job helping the decomp community but also managed to get a fantastic project, both published and released.
    I can only wish you the best with the development and be thankful for everything you did (and do!) for the community o/

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Oh my! This looks absolutely wonderful. I'm glad to see more emerald decomp hacks popping up compared to Fire Red sjnce the CFRU has basically become a staple. Congrats on an early beta release!

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    Thanks for all of the support, everyone!
    Not gonna lie, I'm completely stuck on the first gym. How do I know which direction to point the dragons in?
    The defeated trainers will give hints :)

Also wanted to post here with some recent bug fixes that have been updated in the patch file on github:
    Spoiler:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • Looks good, but I just have a suggestion, could you update the textures to look a little more natural, if you can't it's fine but the old emerald tile sets are kinda gross looking, it's your call though, have a great day or night if you're reading this

Years
  • I have a big problem, I playing in Nuzelocke mode and I'm at that point, in the beginning where I need to fight against a level 60 Dusknoir, I can't win, and if Iose, my game restarts.
    I can't progress like that

Years
    • Seen Apr 15, 2024
    I have a big problem, I playing in Nuzelocke mode and I'm at that point, in the beginning where I need to fight against a level 60 Dusknoir, I can't win, and if Iose, my game restarts.
    I can't progress like that

Sorry about that oversight! The most recent patch, version 0.1.2, allows you to always run from the dusknoir under nuzlocke rules.

Back