• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokénchi reveals new Lycanroc form for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

pkmin3033

I suppose there are only so many ways you can design a wolf, aren't there? And they covered the basics with Lycanroc's two existing forms...making this third one more than slightly unnecessary.

It does beg the question, though - will we get a Dawn form that is essentially a less-spiky, brown version of Lycanroc-Midnight? It seems fairly likely at this stage, although I would have thought if we were going to get that they would have been revealed together...

Years
I haven't really liked original forms and this one doesn't change my opinion.

I start to think that they kinda don't have anything to reveal or even anything to add to the games, so they're doing this. This news pushed me even more to don't care about USUM. I really hope the games will surprise me and will be good.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
We still don't know anything about the lyncanroc in the CoroCoro cover.
since this one looks too much like midday one maybe the corocoro one is more like the midnight.

pkmin3033

We still don't know anything about the lyncanroc in the CoroCoro cover.
since this one looks too much like midday one maybe the corocoro one is more like the midnight.
Pretty sure the one on the CoroCoro cover IS Lycanroc Dusk - the orange is dark to the point of red, but I think that's just the image quality. You can see the green eyes at least, and what looks like the white spikes and the back legs.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Pretty sure the one on the CoroCoro cover IS Lycanroc Dusk - the orange is dark to the point of red, but I think that's just the image quality. You can see the green eyes at least, and what looks like the white spikes and the back legs.

The one in corocoro is black and red, nothing like the dusk form.
also his hands looks like more midnight one and not midday one.
it's looks too much red and black to not be a new one, i can't see it being the dusk form.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
Lycanroc-Anime.jpg

I already have my first confirmed team mate in Ultra Moon. So gorgeous, I don't get all the hates.

Hope there will be a Dawn form too.

Rockruff line is line the first Rock-type I ever legit used.

I also agree the CoroCoro one seems to be a different one.

pkmin3033

The one in corocoro is black and red, nothing like the dusk form.
also his hands looks like more midnight one and not midday one.
it's looks too much red and black to not be a new one, i can't see it being the dusk form.
Like I said, it's the image quality. It's been confirmed by Serebii at least that the Lycanroc on the CoroCoro cover is the Dusk form.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Like I said, it's the image quality. It's been confirmed by Serebii at least that the Lycanroc on the CoroCoro cover is the Dusk form.

Where serebii confirmed that the one from CoroCoro is the dusk one?
also image quality can't be that BAD.
like c'mon...

Years
Lycanroc-Anime.jpg

I already have my first confirmed team mate in Ultra Moon. So gorgeous, I don't get all the hates.

Hope there will be a Dawn form too.

Rockruff line is line the first Rock-type I ever legit used.

I also agree the CoroCoro one seems to be a different one.

I do agree that I want to use Dusk Form on my team, but I am intrigued to see how Rockruff will evolve into it.

pkmin3033

Where serebii confirmed that the one from CoroCoro is the dusk one?
also image quality can't be that BAD.
like c'mon...
Check the first news story currently on the front page. Specifically:
In this, he showcased the Lycanroc form that was shown in the CoroCoro cover, confirming yesterday's news.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
tumblr_inline_ou8m85OUwc1u8fers_540.png

I guess, this might be only specialty Dusk Lycanroc.
Honestly I hope Dusk Lycanroc at least has a different ability, type and moves compare to two other Lycanroc.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
Years
I do agree that I want to use Dusk Form on my team, but I am intrigued to see how Rockruff will evolve into it.

Maybe you need to evolve one with both the Midday and Midnight forms in the team... in Akala Island?
Maybe have something to do with Tapu Lele's dusts. It would make more better stories for the other Tapus too.

Years
Maybe you need to evolve one with both the Midday and Midnight forms in the team... in Akala Island?
Maybe have something to do with Tapu Lele's dusts. It would make more better stories for the other Tapus too.

I was thinking of a theory like that too, since both Midday and Midnight forms were present in that scene from the anime preview.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
That's a nice looking form. I love the orange colouration and that it is mainly based off the Midday Form which I far prefer to the Midnight Form. I also like that it seemingly available in the games.

I am pleased that the Rockruff line (My favourite Rock Types) are getting attention and having used Midday Form in my original Sun playthrough I will use the DUsk Form on my Ultra playthrough.

There could perhaps be a little more of Midnight in there but having it quadrupel is good as it fits with Rockruff.

I wonder what the Shiny form looks like. I am guessing dark red (Similar to Midnight form) with emerald eyes. (Need to hunt a second Shiny Rockruff now)

Incidentally there already is a form of Lycanroc with yellow eyes - Middays Shiny form which has blue fur.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I admit that the one of corocoro looks different to the one today. But it may not be a pokemon related either. We will see.

Years
  • Seen yesterday
I think this form is better looking than midday form, hope he is better battler than the other two formes.

pkmin3033

but i am still gonna wait to official CoroCoro pages so i can be sure it's only this form.
Well, even if it's only this form that is getting revealed right now, it doesn't necessarily mean we won't get a fourth form in the near future...and given that it's essentially a recoloured Midday form, a recoloured Midnight form isn't too farfetch'd an idea.

Back