• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokénchi reveals new Lycanroc form for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2018
    Well, even if it's only this form that is getting revealed right now, it doesn't necessarily mean we won't get a fourth form in the near future...and given that it's essentially a recoloured Midday form, a recoloured Midnight form isn't too farfetch'd an idea.

That's what i meant, it looks too much midday.. like where is the midnight on it?
    the one from CoroCoro looks a very midnight to me, new midday for ultra sun and new midnight for ultra moon.
    we will see.. i hope i am not crazy and the one from the cover is a new midnight.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
    Years
  • I think Lycanroc's new form is pretty interesting, even though it almost look the same as Midday form. I'm curious how will its Ability will be, the moves it will learn and all. And given that this new form is called Dusk form, this makes me wondering if there will be a Dawn variant of it or not, though.

Absolitetion

Deemed to be a demon, but an angel inside.
    Years
  • It is interesting. I think GF wants to stick with the Japanese Wolf design if we get the Dawn form as well with the Night as the only exception as werewolf of the four. Would be rather fitting, I think.

Design-wise, I like it. It differs not much from the Midday Lyanroc but I like the color scheme a lot. I think I already have a nickname for when I get one in my USUM playthrough.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    The new Lycanroc forme is really underwhelming, I can't even say that it's bad. It's just meh.

I honestly thought they were revealing a new shiny form for Midday Lycanroc at first.

Also, orange is my favourite colour but I don't think it's used to great effect with dusk Lycanroc, it's a bit jarring. I think the appeal of Midday Lycanroc at least partially comes from it's colour scheme looking quite natural. Like an actual wolf.

Last edited:

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I suppose there are only so many ways you can design a wolf, aren't there? And they covered the basics with Lycanroc's two existing forms...making this third one more than slightly unnecessary.

It does beg the question, though - will we get a Dawn form that is essentially a less-spiky, brown version of Lycanroc-Midnight? It seems fairly likely at this stage, although I would have thought if we were going to get that they would have been revealed together...

What I'm curious is if these form mean that the games will start at Dawn and Dusk like how Sun and Moon began at Day and Night respectively.

pkmin3033

What I'm curious is if these form mean that the games will start at Dawn and Dusk like how Sun and Moon began at Day and Night respectively.
    That's a nice idea, and I think it could be possible, but those aren't very long periods in the day, right? You'd probably still be playing one during the day and one at night...unless they kept them frozen at those times. Which would be interesting if it was for plot reasons :o

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Omg yesss information finally

I really like this forme! This kinda puts the hair ruffle of Lycanroc-night, the only part of the night forme I like, and puts it on the day form. It's the ideal combination for me. :D Lycanroc is one of the few Rock-Pok?mon I legit wanted to use, so I might go with this forme in US. I hope it's available in US, though...

You have an interesting point, especially with taking note of the background of the screenshot: it's dusk in-game.

Last edited:

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • Huh people actually think the one on the CoroCoro cover is different? Do people not realize that the cover is not scanned and is therefore a bad quality photo? Also this new Lycanroc looks exactly the same in terms of facial and mane structure it's just a slightly darker color on the cover..... which can be attributed to the image quality??

Not really betting on a new form in CoroCoro... this one looks close enough for me.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    I like the new form, but it be nice to see more taken from midnight but perhaps a theoretical dawn form could do this. I hope it's got a good stat spread.

Years
  • So most people didn't like it.

I personally liked this new form. It looks like midday lycanroc in the middle of the way to transform into midnight, and this is pretty cool. It's a nice metaphor about the sunset.
    But I understand most people expected something completely new.

Years
  • I personally liked this new form. It looks like midday lycanroc in the middle of the way to transform into midnight, and this is pretty cool. It's a nice metaphor about the sunset.
    But I understand most people expected something completely new.

It is interesting when you notice, considering the gameplay shots showed the sunset sky and Ash's Rockruff also evolves during the sunset in the anime preview that was shown as well. I can see where you're coming from regarding wanting something completely new, but at least we have something to discuss now.

Years
  • It is interesting when you notice, considering the gameplay shots showed the sunset sky and Ash's Rockruff also evolves during the sunset in the anime preview that was shown as well. I can see where you're coming from regarding wanting something completely new, but at least we have something to discuss now.

I didn't say I want something completely new. I said most people wanted it.
    I liked this new form.

Raffy98

[color=#2d9bce][b][span="font-family: 'century got
    Years
  • I have to say I like this new form despite being skeptical when it was first rumored, I like the idea of crossing the midnight for with the day form, its fur on its neck and the orange color really fits the name. Maybe the green eyes are a bit off, but overall it's a pass from me. {:3}

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    I don't think this Lycanroc would have stat changes. Probably has the same. Different ability could happen though.

Back