• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokénchi reveals new Lycanroc form for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
It seems they'll be giving away a gift Rockruff once these games release, which will likely evolve into this Dusk Form. Pretty good, I'll make space for one on my team.

Years
My likely guess for the Mystery Gift Rockruff is either it's programmed to become a Dusk Form Lycanroc or be holding a special Z-Crystal, like the Munchlax event in S/M.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Dusk Lycanroc is likely pure Rock. I don't see it being Rock/Fire. It doesn't need the double 4x weakness anyway.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
Looking at their designs the Lycanrocs couldhave been:

Midday - Rock/Normal
Midnight - Rock/Dark and give it Sucker Punch.
Dusk - Rock/Fire but there are too many weaknesses there.

Tough Claws is a good ability though. Hopefully Dusk Lycanroc is available in game as I want a Shiny one to go with my Midday one.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Why would too many weaknesses be a negative for something not being a separate type? Why would they care? There are plenty of newer Pokemon with a lot of weaknesses? Also... Torkoal?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 22, 2018
My likely guess for the Mystery Gift Rockruff is either it's programmed to become a Dusk Form Lycanroc or be holding a special Z-Crystal, like the Munchlax event in S/M.

I'm betting on the latter or nothing particularly special at all. It would be really hard to program one specific Lycanroc to evolve into a form, so it's likely that just all Lycanroc in USUM will have the opportunity to evolve into Dusk form somehow - potentially through an item though, in which case it may come holding that item?

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
stats guess:
85 hp
115 attack
65 def&sp.def
55 sp.attack
102 speed , gived it's a midnight+midday

if it takes both best stats from midday+midnight it will be like this:
85 HP
115 Attack
75 def&Sp.def
55 sp.attack
112 speed

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
Years
Looking at the design more, and I think the rocks around its neck from Midday form should either be smaller or completely gone, to make it seem less like a recolor / more of a transistion.

Years
I think I have a theory regarding the event Rockruff that will be available at launch. It might be programmed to have Tough Claws as a special ability it can't normally have, and would be programmed to specifically evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc.

And considering Ash will be owning this Lycanroc in the anime, it kinda follows suit with Ash-Greninja in that Ash is owning a Pokemon that can't be obtained by normal means, since Ash-Greninja was an exclusive from the S/M Special Demo Version.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
Years
I think I have a theory regarding the event Rockruff that will be available at launch. It might be programmed to have Tough Claws as a special ability it can't normally have, and would be programmed to specifically evolve into Dusk Form Lycanroc.

And considering Ash will be owning this Lycanroc in the anime, it kinda follows suit with Ash-Greninja in that Ash is owning a Pokemon that can't be obtained by normal means, since Ash-Greninja was an exclusive from the S/M Special Demo Version.

I really hope this Lycanroc form is not event exclusive especially if as some speculate it ends up being better competitively than Lycanroc's other forms.

It being event only would screw over anyone who gets the game late (Say at Christmas). It's bad enough that outside of Japan you can't get Ash Hat Pikachu legally we don't need another event exclusive to add to it.

Years
I really hope this Lycanroc form is not event exclusive especially if as some speculate it ends up being better competitively than Lycanroc's other forms.

It being event only would screw over anyone who gets the game late (Say at Christmas). It's bad enough that outside of Japan you can't get Ash Hat Pikachu legally we don't need another event exclusive to add to it.

This Rockruff is likely going to be a Mystery Gift event available until around mid-January, similar to the Torchic (X/Y), Shiny Beldum (OR/AS) and Munchlax (S/M) events that launched their respective games.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I was wondering, is "Touch Claw" a good ability for Lycanroc ?
Ya, it boost the power of all contact based moves but how many Contact based moves does Lycanroc learn!
Lycanroc movepool is abnormally short and the strongest contact move he can learn is Rock climb.
He might get benefited from Touch claw powered " Accelrock" but he still seem pale compare to other Touch claw user.
Specially since both Charizard and Barbaracle has vast movepool with more powerful contact attack that gets benefited by their Touch claw.

Seriously, why is Lycanroc movepool so short ? He doesn't even feel like a fully evolve pokemon.
Game-freak has been promoting this Pokemon since Gen VII begin yet they gave him such a small moveset that he feels like a disappointment.

Years
I was wondering, is "Touch Claw" a good ability for Lycanroc ?
Ya, it boost the power of all contact based moves but how many Contact based moves does Lycanroc learn!
Lycanroc movepool is abnormally short and the strongest contact move he can learn is Rock climb.
He might get benefited from Touch claw powered " Accelrock" but he still seem pale compare to other Touch claw user.
Specially since both Charizard and Barbaracle has vast movepool with more powerful contact attack that gets benefited by their Touch claw.

Seriously, why is Lycanroc movepool so short ? He doesn't even feel like a fully evolve pokemon.
Game-freak has been promoting this Pokemon since Gen VII begin yet they gave him such a small moveset that he feels like a disappointment.

As far as I know, both its strongest STAB moves (Rock Slide, Stone Edge) are non-contact, so it'd have to rely on Accelerock for a STAB boosted by the ability. It does get Crunch as well, but it is an annoyance that the shallow movepool of Lycanroc could still hinder its competitive viability.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today

There is the possibility that Tough Claws could be passed down via breeding, yes? If that's the case, it wouldn't be so bad, as Tough Claws Rockruffs could proliferate throughout the GTS.

still don't know how it evolves into Dusk form yet anyway, maybe we just have to throw a Dusk Stone at it lol

Years
still don't know how it evolves into Dusk form yet anyway, maybe we just have to throw a Dusk Stone at it lol

CoroCoro has apparently mentioned that Dusk Form is exclusive to the Mystery Gift Rockruff available from November 17th to January 10th. Normal Rockruff will only evolve into Midday or Midnight Forms.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
CoroCoro has apparently mentioned that Dusk Form is exclusive to the Mystery Gift Rockruff available from November 17th to January 10th. Normal Rockruff will only evolve into Midday or Midnight Forms.

That is basically unfair to those who don't use wifi. I only find event exclusives acceptable with mythicals. Not alternate forms of regular pokemon.

Back