• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Article: Pokénchi reveals new Lycanroc form for Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon

Years
  • Never mind. Checked the guide book. Midday has higher speed.

And also, Midnight Form has lower Speed but more HP. Both forms have the same Attack stat, while there's a 10-point difference with Defense/Sp. Defense between forms, with Midnight having 10 points more in those stats than Midday.

pkmin3033

I get the nasty feeling this one will be Def/Sp. Def oriented and be even more useless than the other two forms...the anime makes it look quite bulky.

Years
  • I get the nasty feeling this one will be Def/Sp. Def oriented and be even more useless than the other two forms...the anime makes it look quite bulky.

My likely guess is that it'll still have the high Attack stat of the other two, but maybe sacrificing some Speed and HP for Defense/Sp. Defense.

Years
    • Seen Apr 22, 2018
    After allowing this idea to sit for a little while, I've decided I really like it. It's probably my second or third favorite Lycanroc variant - definitely behind shiny Midday, and about even with regular Midday. It's better than Midnight for me simply because I don't particularly love the overall design scheme compared to Midday, and I'm glad that this one retained a lot of the Midday form's physical structure.

I really want to put it on a team with a Gourgeist and a Dusknoir.

Years
  • Your Thoughts on Lycanroc Dusk Form

I was just wondering everyone else's thoughts. I feel like it looks awesome, but some people say it's a
    "lazy" design and such.. What are your thoughts on it?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    It is fine for me. I never really used Lycanroc except for when i need to evolve rockruff to fet the dex entry for lycanroc.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • Spoiler:

CoroCoro image has been released stating that the new Lycanroc form gets both Accelrock and Counter, as well as the ability Tough Claws. It also states that there will be a gift of Rockruff being given from November 17th 2017.

Years
  • Spoiler:

CoroCoro image has been released stating that the new Lycanroc form gets both Accelrock and Counter, as well as the ability Tough Claws. It also states that there will be a gift of Rockruff being given from November 17th 2017.

Surprised it took long for this to surface, but I guess getting both Counter and Accelerock further confirms it being a hybrid of Midday and Midnight Forms. Tough Claws is also a nice ability, and will definitely add some competitive viability to it.

Oh man, Tough Claws-boosted Accelerock will be tearing up the metagame. My guess is the gift Rockruff will be the first wi-fi Mystery Gift event of US/UM, similar to Torchic in X/Y, Shiny Beldum in OR/AS and Munchlax in S/M.

User19sq

Midday was a glass cannon that had to attack fast or not attack at all. Midnight was supposed to utilize defenses, but its defenses were too crappy to actually make anything useful.

I pray this form has some competitive use.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Spoiler:

So, no 2nd typing ?

Also, I am surprise that he doesn't have his own signature move.
    I just hope this Lycanroc will have a larger movepool then other two Lycanroc.
    The most disappointing fact about Lycanrocs are their extremely short movepool! They doesn't even learn Shadow claw , Hyper beam or Giga impact.
    I mean, you do expect Lycanrocs to learn a "Claw" move since they are wolfs but they doesn't learn any claw based attack.
    I just hope that Dusk Lycanroc will learn a "Claw" move since his ability is Touch claw.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • It'll be such a huge bummer if we can't evolve our Rockruffs ourselves but then they shown it evolving didn't they.

Maybe it's just a way to distribute uh... Lyncanroc-Z?

Guess we won't have a 4th form now?

Last edited:
    Years
  • It'll be such a huge bummer if we can't evolve our Rockruffs ourselves but then they shown it evolving didn't they.

I really hope there will be a way to obtain it normally, since I tend to despise event-exclusive stuff. Lycanroc having its own Z-Crystal? That could be possible since it seems like Lycanroc is being promoted as a mascot of this generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    It'll be such a huge bummer if we can't evolve our Rockruffs ourselves but then they shown it evolving didn't they.

Maybe it's just a way to distribute uh... Lyncanroc-Z?

Guess we won't have a 4th form now?

The Japanese name for Dusk Lycanroc is "Tasogare Lugarugan" Which stand for Twilight Lycanroc.
    So, There was never suppose to be a Dawn form Lycanroc! It just a bad case of US translation that decided to pick Dusk over Twilight.
    However there is still the case of Lycanroc id 4 since there are only 3 Lycanroc form.

Maybe, Lycanroc id 4 stand for a mega/ultra form of Dusk Lycanroc.
    Maybe , the gift Rockruff has the mega stone to evolve Lycanroc! Or he is just a special Rockruff that is program to evolve only in Dusk.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • I really hope there will be a way to obtain it normally, since I tend to despise event-exclusive stuff. Lycanroc having its own Z-Crystal? That could be possible since it seems like Lycanroc is being promoted as a mascot of this generation.

Same. Mine just sit pretty in their Cherish Balls or whatever in the boxes permanently.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    There also a rumor about Dusk Lycanroc being Rock/Fire type.
    I don't get where this rumor comes from.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The only connection I can make is the colouring of Dusk Lycanroc, but even that's at a stretch. I can't see it being anything other than pure Rock-type.

Years
  • I'm with Joe. Pure Rock is the most likely possibility considering the other forms were that typing as well.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I mean maybe it could fit because the sunset is super red and it's the color of fire? Not saying I believe or think it but maybe that's where the rumor came from. Honestly I would prefer a dual typing than a single one!

This gen has had some pretty nonsensical typings (Nihilego for one... but maybe UBs don't count)

Last edited:
    Back