• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
    • Seen Feb 7, 2024
    Would it be a huge bother for everyone if we just restart? Before reacting, though, hear me out.

The status quo of Bukkit (and CraftBukkit by extension) is very problematic. The recent announcement of the discontinuation of development really hindered any progress, despite the fact that one of the Mojang (it was Dinnerbone, I believe) developers promised to continue the project. This, in return, connotes that the possibility of having a 1.8 Bukkit server is very, very dim at the moment.

If we are going to completely restart, it would have to be purely 1.7.10, unless everyone agrees on playing vanilla 1.8 (without the fancy Lockette security). The "protocol 1.8" version that we are currently using is unsafe, though not that much. It's not hard for us to just switch our versions to 1.7.10 in the launcher though. If people want to play on 1.8, then it'll just be 1.8--no fancy plugins whatsoever.

My other suggestion is to just leave the server as is (or close it down temporarily if barely anyone is playing). We just have to play the waiting game until Bukkit 1.8 is something of a possibility.

Just a couple of suggestions.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • I was harvesting the beans for a while, forgot to replant them. I've replanted them.

Also, feel free to kill any chickens you come across. Cluckatraz has had another breakout since a Ender was kind enough to grab part of the wall.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • If we were going to re-start, I want to re-start from the beginning at 1.8. I will accept the loss of my museum and home, but if we begin in 1.8, I want us to start the world with a World Border! Not only would this promote a fun, unique twist, but it would also prevent people from wandering off to find certain blocks and we could properly build up spawn town with a brand new name and a brand new experience.

I think we've unfortunately had some big setbacks, but it's honestly no worse than dying in a Hardcore world or losing a save file. I don't think the game is extremely fun when blocks are handed out and all the enjoyment comes from creating things from the ground-up and crafting an awesome place for everyone to play in and enjoy. I understand people wanting to spread out a bit and enjoy their own "land", but perhaps we could incorporate that into a new world, where we are each Lords of our own area of land or something fun. :)

Just some ideas.

Years
  • I'm not sure if my opinion on restarting is as meaningful as somebody who has been on the server longer than I have, or was there when this server started, or even was part of a previous restart...

... With that being said, I'm 50/50 on a restart. I'd say no, because I'm really happy with the progress I've made on the server, and I also love seeing the progress that everyone else has made on their houses/farms. I remember the night when the server was reverted, and a lot of people were deciding to leave. I walked through Verdanturf, and it was a ghost town... But, I actually got a chance to really look at what everybody was doing, what everyone was building, and it was really awesome.

I'd also be for a restart, after reading some of the ideas suggested above me. I'd love to start on a 1.8 server with everyone. A few people joined the server after I did, and it'd be pretty cool if we all started together (a bit selfish, I know). A fresh 1.8 server would also mean that all of the new types of -ite blocks would be pretty close by, and we might have a better chance of finding a closer Water Temple. The world border idea sounds awesome, too! I watch the Mindcrack folks on YouTube, and they "recently" started a server with the world border, and it's pretty cool because it promotes togetherness, closeness, and it also kinda slows the pace down.

I'm down for whatever, really. :]

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
    Years
  • I'm in agreement with Zeffy and Klippy's ideas. I realize that we would once again be resetting the world for the third time essentially. But our world isn't in an exactly fantastic state right now with villagers broken, abnormal lag, and other things. Crashing has been getting more common ever since we did the whole 1.8 -> 1.7 transition. I'm not even doing anything related to the villagers or 1.8 content when I crash, I'm just strolling Arcrad and bam! Crashed/booted from the server.

I'm loving Klippy's "land" idea though. It might ruin the image of the small town that is associated with Verdanturf, but hey, it's an interesting approach to take. (I'm also aching to build a kingdom in the sky as my land.)

(Also, I'm not a fan of the landscape present in the current Verdanturf. Forests, forests, swamp, extreme hills, and more forests. But this is just a minor nitpick on my part, haha.)

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    I'm up for a restart on a new 1.8 world. The world border idea would be great to have as it adds that bit of extra challenge. Hopefully Mojang release 1.8.1 to trim out the lag issues soon though.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I might be up for it, but I'd be a complete lagfest if we did go up to 1.8. I'd much prefer it if we did do it on the upcoming 1.8.1 update which I'm hoping is soon.

I never see anyone on the server now and it drives me away completely.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • What do you mean by a world border? Just curious as I don't have a complete grasp on the concept.

I'm okay with a reset to 1.8. The game ultimately got ruined for myself considering I could make things right now the fly via command, so I'm okay with losing that privilege. The only real setback would be the loss of Lockette, which if y'all are trustworthy of each other than I have no issue with the reset (although I'd still like to hear from certain members.)

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Personally, I've been extremely busy this last week or so. Hence my inactivity on the server. But I am definitely ready to play.

What do you mean by a world border? Just curious as I don't have a complete grasp on the concept.

I'm okay with a reset to 1.8. The game ultimately got ruined for myself considering I could make things right now the fly via command, so I'm okay with losing that privilege. The only real setback would be the loss of Lockette, which if y'all are trustworthy of each other than I have no issue with the reset (although I'd still like to hear from certain members.)

For more info on the world border.

The idea would be that we use the world border to slowly add more land to the server. We begin by only having a set area (say, 200x200 or so) that increases by 3-5 blocks a day. There are ways to do this and I know for a fact that we can in vanilla Minecraft.

The purpose of this would be to keep all of us in a small area and build up a nice city. As the world border advances out, we can discover new biomes, blocks, dungeons, etc. By doing so slowly, we keep people from lagging the server by going super far out and adding needless data to our world.

Eventually the idea would be that the world border stops at a certain point (for an idea, perhaps 1000x1000). It prevents us from, once again, going too far or lagging the server worse. Plus it makes it easier for our members (new and old) to interact with everyone else.

Trust may not be easy, but if we set rules out on here for being able to join AND on the server, I hope we can get past any issues with theft. Beyond that, it just comes down to respecting others. Not everyone will, so we'll just have to be careful with who comes on and make there be a post-limit perhaps.

Matthew

Years
    • Seen May 30, 2015
    This shouldn't require a plugin. It's a Minecraft feature implemented in the 1.8 snapshots. Test it out beforehand if you want.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • I'm for resetting in 1.8. Villagers being broken kind of wrecks like, all of my recovery plans.
    I don't care about Lockette functionality. I'd like to know who's been wreckin **** so they can get the hell out.

As Penta said, it might be laggy af for a while. But that would probably be mitigated by the world border idea. 1000x1000 is pretty small though isn't it? I worry that we'd lose a lot of biomes by stopping that small. In that vein... starting 200x200 is rather small as well. I'm pretty sure central Verdanturf alone is bigger than that.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I got a request: for the new world I suggest one of the mods locate the stronghold just in case it could be outside the 1000x1000 border. Or, you could find a seed which could make it as close as it was on the world we have now.

btw, I'd much prefer it if the locked difficulty was Normal, just for the random armored mobs spawning, not forgetting the enchanted bows the skeles have.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I'd be fine with updating to 1.8 and doing a reset. I much prefer 1.8 over 1.7. We will have a completely new world, right? If I can make a suggestion, would it be possible to make the biomes smaller than they are in the current Verdanturf?

Also I can restart my flag project :D

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back