• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
  • Can I ask a favor from some of you?

Please stop strip mining the ENTIRE map.

You are hogging all the resources from other members of the server and it's ridiculous. You don't need ten stacks of diamonds or any other ore. Stop. Strip. Mining.

It was bad enough that a few people strip mined out the entirety of our original world border map (aka a small space), but I'm already seeing strip mines across the new, quadruple-sized map. If you're strip mining, stop immediately and save resources for the rest of the gang that plays. If we get complaints again about a lack of resources, Matt and I will need to discuss the matter and possible consequences for those that continue to disregard this request.

Just be fair to everyone else. You all know the map is smaller than a normal one, so respect the rest of the players and sparingly take things before deciding you want them. I won't name who is doing this, but you know who you are if you're doing it. Just be kind and respectful. Please.

Thanks everyone.

---

In friendlier news, the new Skull Emporium is up! We're also preparing the server for our new Gauntlet event. Look forward to that and expect to win awesome prizes!

I've also constructed the new Transport Hub at spawn! From here, you can be teleported to different locations in the map that have significance or are far from spawn. If you'd like to buy a teleport space, just quote this post and let me know why your location deserves a space. If it's worthy of one of our limited spaces, you can select the space and we can customize it to your preference. There is a small fee to buy a space, which we can discuss once your location is accepted.

In addition to that, I am currently building an area where you will be able to purchase all prismarine blocks (sea lanterns and sponges included). Currently they are not available and I need to decide on pricing, but this is coming up soon and I'll make a post in here when that is ready. :) Just wanted people to have a heads up since our map does not have an ocean monument in it and some of you would like to build with the prismarine blocks.

The only resource I have ever strip mined is coal ;;

Btw Klippy, have you looked in to making secret blocks available? Im not sure if it is possible but its worth looking into, so that you dont have only prismarine blocks in the blockstore ;)

Why not just remove the world border altogether, lol?

It is to prevent people from going too far from the spawn, saving uneccesary chunks, lagging the server out, and leave the spawn underdeveloped.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Why not just remove the world border altogether, lol?

As Leijon said, it generally saves our server from lag and loading chunks. Our map is perfect at 1000 blocks squared. There's room for EVERYONE to now spread out, but it keeps us all relatively close and keeps the server looking populated.

If someone runs off to build alone and never participate in server activities or interaction, then what's the point in being on a server?! :)

The only resource I have ever strip mined is coal ;;

Btw Klippy, have you looked in to making secret blocks available? Im not sure if it is possible but its worth looking into, so that you dont have only prismarine blocks in the blockstore ;)

I'm not upset with anyone, so don't worry! :> Just want respect for everyone to be paramount. We haven't had a single theft recently which is fantastic.

And I've looked into them. I tried to find us some awesome unobtainable blocks to use, but none of them are safe for server-use beyond what I've been doing with them right now. Command blocks and barrier blocks are fairly dangerous in survival because you can never break them, so I don't think we'll offer those at any point. :( I'll look into some more stuff though!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    Also, one thing: Make sure that in the nether that you can't build a portal near one of the borders, because wouldn't that cause someone to spawn outside of the border in the overworld, killing them?

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I've also constructed the new Transport Hub at spawn! From here, you can be teleported to different locations in the map that have significance or are far from spawn. If you'd like to buy a teleport space, just quote this post and let me know why your location deserves a space. If it's worthy of one of our limited spaces, you can select the space and we can customize it to your preference. There is a small fee to buy a space, which we can discuss once your location is accepted.

Ooh. This is nifty - I like this idea.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • Thanks for the notice about Strip Mining! It's been pretty hard to get supplies with my spotty activity on the server.

I personally like the border, we just really need to acknowledge that this isn't the same as playing on unlimited servers or Single Player. Take a moment to think about how your actions affect the rest of the server, yaknow?

Well, I think I'm gonna keep working on my home before I get my maze started. It sort of has been neglected due to the Haunted House project.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • Thanks for the notice about Strip Mining! It's been pretty hard to get supplies with my spotty activity on the server.

I personally like the border, we just really need to acknowledge that this isn't the same as playing on unlimited servers or Single Player. Take a moment to think about how your actions affect the rest of the server, yaknow?

Well, I think I'm gonna keep working on my home before I get my maze started. It sort of has been neglected due to the Haunted House project.

If you're on the server, I can give you your prize from the contest!

Also anyone got some fun ideas for a Thanksgiving event? I've got a few things in mind, but curious if anyone else has fun ideas. :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • If you're on the server, I can give you your prize from the contest!

Also anyone got some fun ideas for a Thanksgiving event? I've got a few things in mind, but curious if anyone else has fun ideas. :)
    idk if it would work very well but like. thanksgiving dinner? collect something like 3 cooked chickens, two pumpkin pies, 32 baked potatoes, a bucket of milk, 16 carrots, whatever else in whatever amounts... but only using materials obtained/mined within the time limit and disallowing use of established farms and that.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • idk if it would work very well but like. thanksgiving dinner? collect something like 3 cooked chickens, two pumpkin pies, 32 baked potatoes, a bucket of milk, 16 carrots, whatever else in whatever amounts... but only using materials obtained/mined within the time limit and disallowing use of established farms and that.

Hmmm...interesting! I can toy with that concept and maybe see what I can come up with :)

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
  • We could see who builds the best turkey, lol! We can have closed off rooms so no one can copy. Of course it would be honor system that no one peeks.

And sorry, I haven't been on the server at all today, I was only commenting. I should be on some time tomorrow though. Maybe late tonight if I get caught up enough in my online class.

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
  • I actually have planned a pretty fun event for Thanksgiving, but I'm being hush on the details. Everyone should participate in it though when it comes around (spoiler alert: the hype is real.)

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
    Years
  • I'm in the process of creating a lot of automatic and semi-automatic farms for everyone to use. Inside Zeffy's cake, there is a music disc farm that's kind of difficult to use, but it's the easiest way to obtain discs. Trap a skelly on one of the pressure plates and trap a Creeper on the other plate. Then stand behind the Creeper so that the skelly will shoot and kill it with its arrows. Creepers killed by skellies drop a disc. Don't stand on the pressure plate or else you will trap yourself, too.

If anyone needs cactus, I built an automatic cactus farm behind Knormageddon's house. The chest is down through the dirt tunnel. I'm also working on a semi-automatic Nether Wart farm nearby, but it's closed until I finish it. It harvests the warts with the push of a button but you have to manually replant.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    Anna, you're not missing any horses, are you? I found one with the same markings as yours in the wild, but it all by itself and not in a herd or anything. It was untamed though, so I bought a saddle and took it home.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • Anna, you're not missing any horses, are you? I found one with the same markings as yours in the wild, but it all by itself and not in a herd or anything. It was untamed though, so I bought a saddle and took it home.
    Nah mine are fine right now. You probably found one of the same herd mine came from tho.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    yeah, 1.8.1-pre fixed 74 bugs which is a good thing. Still hasn't fixed the bug on the water yet... but I notice a very small difference in performance. I was thinking about the Pigman spawner area... I'll have to keep it at 3 portals until the full 1.8.1 release is out, maybe Optifine too.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
  • I totally forgot to announce this!

If you head over to the Transport Hub and go through the sponge portal, you will now arrive at a location infested with Guardians. Prismarine blocks are available to you all now! Please don't destroy any spawners or the Elder Guardian located inside the building.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back