• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokeCommunity Minecraft Server - Join the fun!

Will you be a part of the PokeCommunity Minecraft experience?

• Heck yeah!

Votes: 73 97.3%
  • Minecraft's for little kids, pfff no!

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Should we just, designate the whole east side of Detroit then for official events? That way everything's organized and we don't have to fight for space?

Yeah - that works. I'll build a nice entrance/wall to the entire area (maybe) and it can look really nice. :D

I'll probably have to do that tomorrow. I have work to do at home so I probably won't make it to Grandma's today to use her internet. So I can do it while Jack talks at us in class, haha.

You let me know where you'd like it to be built (did you say behind the pumpkin?) and I can remind myself to section off the area.

As to the rest of the members, I'll make it clear where official event areas are as to avoid anyone building in those spaces. Obviously members are free to dig and mine under these areas so long as you are not mining anything that has been built underground (like my story crypt).

El Héroe Oscuro

IG: elheroeoscuro
    Years
    I lost my infinity bow in the Nether due to my recklessness boosting on zombie pigmen.
    Spoiler:

There were a lot to say the least...if anyone has an infinity bow, I'll gladly trade some diamonds for it.

Years
    I dunno, I guess i'm just easily amused. It alludes to imagery of elheroeoscuro making a big uh oh in his pants and having to wait for daddy Klippy to come clean it up :P

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    Oh my god, I can't even play. I have the best connection I could have and I still lag ridiculously! When was the last time the server was actually reset? It's still a computer and needs a reset every so often. Either that or 1.8 is ****ting on me.

EDIT: I've been standing on a pressure plate for about 5 minutes now and the door is not opening.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    I dunno, I guess i'm just easily amused. It alludes to imagery of elheroeoscuro making a big uh oh in his pants and having to wait for daddy Klippy to come clean it up :P

That's right. I'm the daddy.

Oh my god, I can't even play. I have the best connection I could have and I still lag ridiculously! When was the last time the server was actually reset? It's still a computer and needs a reset every so often. Either that or 1.8 is ****ting on me.

EDIT: I've been standing on a pressure plate for about 5 minutes now and the door is not opening.

I will do a server reset now. ShadowE was having bad lag last night too.

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    Make sure you do it correctly; you can easily wipe the server if done incorrectly.

I pressed "Delete World and Restart Everything", so we should be fine.

Penta and I killed a bunch of mobs (aka unnecessary mob farms - like...we don't need 1,000 cows in a pen) and the lag should be reduced quite a bit. Before we killed the mobs, we were sitting at about 85% CPU, but after killing them, we were at about 45%. So a good chunk of stress relieved.

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    It's better now, but for some reason every time I die I get a huge lag spike when I respawn. idk why.

EDIT: can we turn on KeepInventory? I have lost a lot to cheap, laggy, and stupid deaths several times since joining the server. And it really doesn't help that I lag every time i die, so it can be hard to find my stuff still there (I lost stuff in the river today despite knowing exactly where I died). I mean we live in such a limited area that does it really matter if we drop when we die?

Last edited:

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    I lost my infinity bow in the Nether due to my recklessness boosting on zombie pigmen.
    Spoiler:

There were a lot to say the least...if anyone has an infinity bow, I'll gladly trade some diamonds for it.

I have an infinity bow, or an infinity book. which one would you prefer?

Klippy

L E G E N D of
    Years
    It's better now, but for some reason every time I die I get a huge lag spike when I respawn. idk why.

EDIT: can we turn on KeepInventory? I have lost a lot to cheap, laggy, and stupid deaths several times since joining the server. And it really doesn't help that I lag every time i die, so it can be hard to find my stuff still there (I lost stuff in the river today despite knowing exactly where I died). I mean we live in such a limited area that does it really matter if we drop when we die?

You lag when respawning likely because the spawn area has a lot to load in (the giant storage tower, Anna's farms, all the skulls and assorted buildings). I am already planning to relocate the Skull Emporium to a nicer location and free up that space for a new community building.

As for KeepInventory, we can look into it. It's ultimately up to Matt. There are pros and cons to it, but I'm certainly willing to give it a test if Matt okays an experiment with it.

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    You lag when respawning likely because the spawn area has a lot to load in (the giant storage tower, Anna's farms, all the skulls and assorted buildings). I am already planning to relocate the Skull Emporium to a nicer location and free up that space for a new community building.

As for KeepInventory, we can look into it. It's ultimately up to Matt. There are pros and cons to it, but I'm certainly willing to give it a test if Matt okays an experiment with it.

Is that essentially if you die you keep your items? Or is it that thing where if you did you leave a tombstone which you can go back and break to get your items.

I have an infinity bow, or an infinity book. which one would you prefer?

If the infinity book can be used more than once, I'd love to use that!

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    The infinity book is only a 1 time use... as with the rest of them, unfortunately. So I'm guessing a bow it is?

El Héroe Oscuro

Years
    The infinity book is only a 1 time use... as with the rest of them, unfortunately. So I'm guessing a bow it is?

Yes please! Is there anything you'd like in return? I have a lot of stuff that I'm very much willing to trade if you're looking for anything specific in return.

Dreg

Done after the GT.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2016
    if you can get me any projectile protection book, that would be great.

oh btw I have a project that I will start up due to the amount of wool we have. I'll have to see where I can put it: it's 80 blocks long. XD

Necrum

I AM THE REAL SONIC
    Years
    It's not a mod or anything, El Heroe, it's a built in function that makes you not drop your inventory, you just respawn with the stuff you had when you died. Honestly it seems fitting to me considering our more casual server.

/gamerule keepInventory true

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back