• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon 2012: Guardian of Light / Guardian of Darkness

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Tranquilo.
Years
  • Wow, there's a sequel in the works? Yours isn't even ready for a beta release yet!
    ...I'm soooooo for it.
    Plus a manga? That would be cool to check out. Your friend must be experienced in hackng if your giving him the rights to make a possible sequel to a pair of games with this much potential.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    We've actually made hacks together before so I do trust him.

~BLAZE

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Partially, but of course, I'm more involved with the original, so I mostly help supply basic data such as maps for him to work with. Plus he says I can always ask for a copy of his work to do some editing with.

Okay, I need some of your opinions on something, should I make the game so that your decisions make the storyline different, or should I keep it like most pokemon games?

~BLAZE

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • Yuo've done really well with the scripting and storyline, but your mapping needs work. Try to stick tiles of the same type together, (don't put two different land tiles together without a "connecting" block) and trees don't grow in lines. They grow in ragged forests. Remember these 2 things and mapping becomes a lot easier.

pokewalker

If it ain't Dutch,it ain'tmuch
    Years
  • Partially, but of course, I'm more involved with the original, so I mostly help supply basic data such as maps for him to work with. Plus he says I can always ask for a copy of his work to do some editing with.

Okay, I need some of your opinions on something, should I make the game so that your decisions make the storyline different, or should I keep it like most pokemon games?

~BLAZE

I'd say make it work on your decisions, so everyone needs to play the game more times to actually know everything.

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    That was my thought process too, but that would push back the beta further, and make the game a lot more complicated, with probably a lot more bugs that will have to be found.

So I want to if I can

Thanks

and also, yeah I know about the maps, they were at the beginning when I was just trying to experiment with the games, I want to get more screen shots in, but I have been working on the game, which I figure is more important than tweaking the thread.

~BLAZE

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • End of the world Hack, huh?
    Nice and cool.

Anyways, I have a question.

As the world in your game ends, will there be major earthquakes, collasping buildings and tsunamis like the ones in the American movie: 2012? (I've watched it before, and I'm quite curious about it.)

BLAZEQUAZA

ONE FIERY BEAST
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    Well at this stage the only thing I might need help with is the scripting, not maps sorry

I will have a few "Movies" in the game that show destruction, but this end of the world is brought on by the forces of space and time being unbalanced

~BLAZE

Years
    • He/Him
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    wow...a game where the protaganist tries to find his/her parents before 2012 happens so they can be together one last time...i bet if the game would have the graphical functions for it we could see a cutscene of them together without any worries....other than the end of the world of course. but since its gba...ah whatever. point is the story like that gets to me and sounds great :)

Years
  • This sounds amazing Man I wish i was in time to be a Beta tester I would love it. This seems like an original Idea I look forward to it....too bad i can't figure out how to see the attachment...i fail.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2011
    ok i hope the hack is going great cus i don't know since i am (unfourtuntly) not a beta tester hey but what the hell i will play it the it's coming out(which i hope is soon but i think you should add some more screenshoots

MayanMan2012

Pokemon Dawn/Dusk: Coming Soon
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2014
    Dude, are you ever actually going to make this hack? PM me, cause I would like to make it if you won't

Years
  • MayanMan2012, that counts as thread revival, which is against the rules. Please, be sure to check the dates of the latest valid post in a thread before posting- it's against the rules to post if more than a month has passed since the last valid post.

And so...
    Closed~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back