• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon - Amie~!

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    i dont think anyone else as mentioned this.

but i was reading up on the pokemon x and y site on this and it says "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. As your Pokémon becomes more friendly, it may perform better in battle—by avoiding opponents' attacks, landing critical hits, and more!", so it seems that this new Pokémon-Amie is more then just a way to inact with ur pokemon and so their other benfits to using this new feature

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    So far I liking this new feature. I wonder what would if it nice to it pokes, like I wonder if their will be negative effects, such as it poke won't listen to u

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • i dont think anyone else as mentioned this.

but i was reading up on the pokemon x and y site on this and it says "The more you play with your Pokémon, the friendlier they will become. As your Pokémon becomes more friendly, it may perform better in battle—by avoiding opponents' attacks, landing critical hits, and more!", so it seems that this new Pokémon-Amie is more then just a way to inact with ur pokemon and so their other benfits to using this new feature

The moment I saw this, the moment I died inside. I hate hax, and for me. When I heard that it could have an effect on battle, I theorized (and hoped!) that Pokemon Amie would have made it more likely for you to hit moves like Hydro Pump more often and avoid crits. In other words, benefits that were the exact opposite of what they turned out to be.

Some people are considering what effect this will have in competitive... will this result in surefire moves like Thunderbolt missing and crits flying about everywhere? I do not believe it will. I think it will either:

(1) If 2 pokemon have the same Pokemon-Amie bond level, then the extra hax will just cancel itself out. So if one Pokemon has 90% bond filled and one pokemon has 100% filled, then instead of both of them critting and dodging non-stop, that the two bond levels would cancel out, so that one pokemon just has a 10% bond, with only a slight influence on extra hax.

OR

(2)Outside of story mode, Pokemon Amie will be ignored.

Some things worth considering...

(1) Will CPUs, like gymleaders, the professor, and Elite 4, have maxed out bond levels? They're always lecturing us about treating our pokemon with love, so it'd be silly if Gamefreak coded it so that it only benefitted the protagonist.

(2) Will Pokemon Amie deplete over time? Think of games like Animal Crossing, where your neighbors disappear. Or even in the actual games, where your berry plants can disappear if you haven't watered them in forever. Or in Diamond/Pearl, if you don't polish your badges on a daily basis, they start to get rusty. If so,this would be annoying for casual players who only like to pick up their pokemon game every now and then, or those who don't want to pet a boxful of pokemon on a weekly basis.

So far I liking this new feature. I wonder what would if it nice to it pokes, like I wonder if their will be negative effects, such as it poke won't listen to u

I think that would be pretty cool. I always felt as though pokemon should have the possibility to disobey you, regardless of whether you traded them over.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I never really thought about it, but I don't see it being too drastic. I mean maybe a +1 to evasion and accuracy if it raises those. It could be a fleeting use type of thing that wears off fairly quickly.

I dunno...I don't really want to think too much about it until more info is actually given.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • It allows you to interact with your Pokemon a bit like NintenDogs. It helps your bond with your Pokemon grow stronger and I'm guessing it will help Eevee evolve to Sylveon.

So if you keep interacting with that Pokemon without doing anything else its friendship would be maxed out? That would be an interesting way to improve your social life. :P I wonder how this will be formatted. Maybe it'll be a series of questions like "How are you today?" or something like that displayed on an options menu. Maybe we get to use the microphone for the first time? That would be cool, and would obviously feel more realistic even though I can't see that happening.

Last edited:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • From what I've heard, Pokemon-Amie will raise a bonding level separate from friendship, although I cannot find a source.

WolfMirage

"Last Raven"
    Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2016
    as said by shrew, i believe that outside the main in game this feature will be useless, but i still think if would cool if ur pokes keep the littles bonus when playing online and maybe the feature should do something like like u limited number of these small bonus and u can allot as u feel

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • i dont think anyone else as mentioned this.

A friend of mine told me about this before. It looks like this feature will make Pokémon X/Y be more like the anime (ex: dodging moves with 100% accuracy).

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2015
    It does seem different than just the friendship thing and I lke that it will benefit your Pokemon more than just raising a friendship level. I'd like to think that it won't deplete over time, though that would encourage more use of the feature. Overall it seems a quite thing that can also help your Pokemon and I like the concept of interacting more with them than just battling with them.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • Can we dress 'em up!? Huh, huh!? Oh, we can just feed them pretty patties and make stupid faces to please them.

No thank you.
    I just thought it was amusing to point out that, in 4th generation, pokemon contests allowed for dressup, and that poffins are essentially multicolored pieces of food like pretty patties. :P

Although I can understand your contempt, because Pokemon Amie is making this type of stuff have actual effects in battles, whereas previously you could ignore it with no consequences.

*Icecold*

Bow down to Queen Meowstic
    Years
  • I just thought it was amusing to point out that, in 4th generation, pokemon contests allowed for dressup, and that poffins are essentially multicolored pieces of food like pretty patties. :P

Although I can understand your contempt, because Pokemon Amie is making this type of stuff have actual effects in battles, whereas previously you could ignore it with no consequences.

That's why I liked contests :D I like dressing Pokémon up. ...what? Generation 4 contests were amusing. Unlike musicals and movies.

Pokeamie is probably useful but I'm not making stupid faces and talking to them Hey You, Pikachu style. Eat all of the pretty patties you want (most Pokémon don't have tongues anyway...) but I'm not embarrassing myself for some fake creature's amusement.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I can't believe no one has mentioned this. One of the guests from the Pokemon Game Show revealed a few screenshots that you're able to abuse your own Pokemon in Poke Amie. ;_;

Back