• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Blue Ocean Version

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    All of the tiles that you see was inserted ;)
    What he's saying is that the water tiles don't look good. He also has a valid point when he says that the maps look crampped. In the mapshots of Viridian & Pewter City there is too much going on. WAY too many flowers, plants, and other pieces of scenery that take away from the map.

Lugiaz Soul

I support Crystal Dust
    Years
  • The maps look really cramped. I also think that some tiles aren't really well inserted.
    I also suggest you change the sea tile, it looks disgusting.
    Other than that, it looks great.

Good luck! :)
    All you have noted is the things you don't like. I personally like the sea tiles and how it's all cramped :D

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    All you have noted is the things you don't like. I personally like the sea tiles and how it's all cramped :D

The sea tiles look odd to me, as well. Besides having cramped maps is obviously bad. I mean connecting Pewter City and Viridian City is just bad. What happened to Viridian Forest ?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The sea tiles look odd to me, as well. Besides having cramped maps is obviously bad. I mean connecting Pewter City and Viridian City is just bad. What happened to Viridian Forest ?

... They aren't connected, they are seperate screenshots of 2 different maps... Doesn't mean they are literally next to each other.

Anyway, I like the cramped maps for some reason. Maybe it's just me. But, I will agree that the sea tile may need a bit of improvement, it doesn't fit the overall style.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    I really like the tiles of the game.Though, I think it's rather odd for Viridian City to be connected with Pewter City.

Good luck,though, and I'll be checking this.
    We're working on the viridian forest, with new events ;)

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • The sea tiles look odd to me, as well. Besides having cramped maps is obviously bad. I mean connecting Pewter City and Viridian City is just bad. What happened to Viridian Forest ?

Cramped Areas are better than REALLY spread out ones. And I'd rather be cramped in a hack like this, you already know where you're going. Plus the BEAUTIFUL sea tiles and others make this great graphics-wise.

Teh Blazer

Divider of Zero
    Years
  • Question:
    Could you also post the untranslated, French version when you decide to release something? I'm learning French and I think it'd be nice if I could play a game in french and see if I could understand a little bit of it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    Question:
    Could you also post the untranslated, French version when you decide to release something? I'm learning French and I think it'd be nice if I could play a game in french and see if I could understand a little bit of it.
    No problem, But it will contain familiar French, so when you play, you may not urderstand everything...

Years
    • Seen Dec 2, 2016
    ... They aren't connected, they are seperate screenshots of 2 different maps... Doesn't mean they are literally next to each other.

Anyway, I like the cramped maps for some reason. Maybe it's just me. But, I will agree that the sea tile may need a bit of improvement, it doesn't fit the overall style.

Ah, sorry, my mistake. I thought the maps were connected the first time I saw them, but now I see the difference.

By the way, I love the new Viridian Forest! Though, I wonder why there are Spinarak in Viridian Forest, because isn't this set in Kanto? It'd be rather odd for them to be there. But I like how they look.

Also, the spider web looks unnatural to me, maybe it would be better if you change them to white? All the same, I really like the new tiles and will definitely be playing the beta when it's out.

grotle_grovyle

Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2021
    Well, I don't mind the spacing of the maps particularly- then again, I'm no mapper ^^ but those colors and the style are amazing. Very impressed :D

Lyzo

Back from vacation
    Years
  • Normally I don't really comment on hack threads :P But I just wanted to comment on your map :)

I really like the way you mapped viridian forest, with the little island and the new mazes :D

The tiles are also wonderful :)

But there's one thing I don't like about it, and that is the ammount of tall grass. As a player, walking through this forest would probably be extremely annoying. So much grass 0.o Maybe try to be less sporadic and use patches of grass instead?

But other than that, well done :)

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Oh cool a french hacked game, that I will be able to understand completely without any translator :D That's great !
    I like the maps, they're pretty nice!
    And what will the scenario be ? The same as RBY and FR/LG with new graphisms?

teejermiester

Minnesotan, you betcha!
    Years
  • Normally I don't really comment on hack threads :P But I just wanted to comment on your map :)

I really like the way you mapped viridian forest, with the little island and the new mazes :D

The tiles are also wonderful :)

But there's one thing I don't like about it, and that is the ammount of tall grass. As a player, walking through this forest would probably be extremely annoying. So much grass 0.o Maybe try to be less sporadic and use patches of grass instead?

But other than that, well done :)

Well, I'm sure the encounter rate won't be set at 500,000.
    Hey, at least not every tile is a pokemon tile. And patches get boring after a while. When I hack Pokemon I make patches that spread their way over te entire map.

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2013
    Do me a BIG favour and complete this map. I have seen so many epic maps get canceled I realy pray you stick this until to the end. Wonderfull graphics will make this game to an hit. But I have two questions:

1. will the Team Rocket plot be improved
    2. will the Pokémon have moving animations from the 4. or 5. Generation

INV

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2017
    Amazing tiles there,I can see that you've gone hardcore HGSS but it's not the excact same maps and you inserted your own improvements,and I like it :)
    I don't know what's the problem with the sea tiles?It looks great in my opinion
    Anyways,Looking forward for a few plot changes(even in main story)and I'll be playing the english version so...GL translator and pako :D

Back