• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
  • Guys, I know you are excited for this game, but...Its not a good idea to burn people out by asking hack creators about a relase date. As the great Shigeru Miyamoto said "A delayed game is eventually good, but a bad game is a bad game forever"

Freako, dont worry, take your time to do stuff.

i tell people this all the time. be patient and you will get a finished product. i agree asking for release dates is not something i do much. it's finally good to see someone say the thing i try telling people

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Thing is only one thing stands in his way from releasing this romhack and that's the fly map routine bug which, the Creator of this hack states is the last thing keeping him from finishing it. This problem frustrates him and he can't fix it without taking too long and he had a ton of other projects he's interested in working on.

Why not cut corners and implement a simple teleport system to replace the fly function and release this game and get it over with. Somehow I get the feeling the Creator of this hack just wants to move on from this and put all his efforts to newer projects.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    This is my passion project and I'm doing what I can to complete it.
    I am absolutely certain that this is probably the best Pokemon game I could create.
    Bronze 1 missed the mark. But I got it this time, I'm sure!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    This is my passion project and I'm doing what I can to complete it.
    I am absolutely certain that this is probably the best Pokemon game I could create.
    Bronze 1 missed the mark. But I got it this time, I'm sure!

If I may suggest to you Freako, if you can, try to shoot for finishing your hack by next weekend as long as you have the time to make that happen. If you can't finish it by next weekend, that's fine too. But I really really really hope you can finish and release it as soon as possible because I really want to play this hack so bad, and I know a lot of other people want to play it so bad as well. God bless you and your hack to be completed soon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    The last time I pushed myself to finish a project within a week I ended up in hospital. No thanks, lol.

Anyway, Coraldev came along and actually fixed the fly map completely!!
    Time to get on with it.

Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    We appreciate all the hard work you've put into this project for the last 3 years. I wanna play this as badly as everyone else does but I understand you're the only one pouring your heart and soul into this game. So take all the time you need to fix it and know how much you're doing to make all of us so happy that we have something to play that we know was given lots of love and care and that we'll enjoy. Thank you <3 <3

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    I did a full test playthrough and it was a success!
    We've been squashing bugs left and right.

Both regions now have their little quirks about them now like blown leaves, and updated intro logo.
    7yaNg67.png
    TZfBCGK.png

Last edited:

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
  • I did a full test playthrough and it was a success!
    We've been squashing bugs left and right.

Both regions now have their little quirks about them now like blown leaves, and updated intro logo.
    7yaNg67.png
    TZfBCGK.png

Can't Frickin wait. I'm so hyped to play this man. Hope it's released soon dude! Good luck and thanks for all the work you've put into this Rom hack for 3 years.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Wohoo......soon guys........Bronze 2, the most hyped Pokemon Romhack since the complete release of Pokemon Prism, will finally be here. Great Work Freako, nice to see your on the Precipice of completing yet another grand project. Perhaps you will be known as one of the Pokenon romhacking greats one day. ;)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    cant ait for this either, been eager for a new challenge and this will certainly deliver.

Dusterr

The Unchosen Starter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2022
    Wohoo......soon guys........Bronze 2, the most hyped Pokemon Romhack since the complete release of Pokemon Prism, will finally be here. Great Work Freako, nice to see your on the Precipice of completing yet another grand project. Perhaps you will be known as one of the Pokenon romhacking greats one day. ;)

After playing the original Bronze and seeing the screenies for Bronze 2, I'd say Freako is already one of the romhacking greats

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    Well, romhacking greats if you like by the book, run of the mill Pokemon adventures.

Years
    • Age 30
    • PA
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Its refreshing to have someone focus on a simple concept and make a good story rather than someone trying to shove a thousand unnecessary features into an 8 bit game. To be honest you are one of the greats

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    We're finishing off the art assets currently.
    Don't ever ask me for a date. When I have it, I'll let you know.
    I want this done as much as you guys do.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    We're finishing off the art assets currently.
    Don't ever ask me for a date. When I have it, I'll let you know.
    I want this done as much as you guys do.

I apologize. I'll try not to ask you for a release date again. I do really appreciate the fact that you want this to be done as much as we all do. I wish you all the best to you and your hack. Cheers!

Back