• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
someone asked whats new in 1.01

he gets no answer

please answer him

its rude ignoring people

dude its also rude to insinuate someone is being ignored when it may be that Freako isnt even online to answer.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 12, 2021
Just finished this :D I certainly had fun with this game, my thoughs mirror the others in that this is an amazing call-back to G2, and it certainly shows you put your time and effort on your magnus opus^^
Though there are a few loose ends Im wondering:
Spoiler:

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
More issues:

1) It is currently impossible to Fly to Willowbush Town after you get the HM02. The Fly point is not being unlocked at all by anything.
2) Another unreachable item is the PP Up in Sludge Cave, due to unfortunate map design making it so it is impossible to push the boulder blocking your path to the item out of the way.
3) The level curve and some of the trainers' movesets are quite janky at times. Examples: the first gym only having Level 7-8 Pokémon (Murkrow being a common nighttime encounter on the early routes makes it absurdly easy to be around Level 13 when you reach Willowbark without doing much grinding, assuming you didn't pick Bulbasaur), and the trainers on Route 7 having weaker Pokémon than the wild Pokémon present in the grass around Gallus Cave. These wildmons are also stronger than the ones inside the cave (13-16 outside, 7-9 inside).
4) Why does the Psychic gym leader have primarily Fighting-type moves (most of which are illegal)?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I just beat the trainer in Mt. Ender. Is that all there is to the game? What is the significance of the four stones? Is there no elite four rematch? Is there no way to return to the first region?

Very fun game. Thank you Freako.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
I dunno if it was mentioned already or not but I cant use Fly to go to Willowbrush Town.

EDIT: Now this is decidedly odd. I am on a pokemon hunt specifically for Rhyhorn and Slowpoke and they dont seem to be anywhere they're supposed to be. Theres no hidden path in Bronze Cave to indicate they may be in an area I've not yet been and the Slowpoke dont appear to be anyplace as I'm surfing around Figbranch. One final thing; where can I find an Iron Tail TM?

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 28, 2024
I just beat Bronze 2. Honestly, Freako you did a fantastic job. I loved how the map was organized and thought it was well put together. I hope this wins Rom Hack of the Year when they start voting for the 2020 rom of the year. I loved Bronze 1 and thought that would be challenging to top it, well you succeeded. Then you teased with Bronze 3, which I support but for now you earned a break my friend. The game inspired me to go back to the Rom I attempted to start a year ago but it fell through due to events and poor team planning. Anyways, this game was the best Rom I have played Since Prism, orange, and Coral, and it was nice to see their names in the credits haha. Well thanks again Freako this game came out 2 days before my birthday and this was a great game to play for it. Keep up the good work my friend!😀

Attachments

• bronze-2-v1.01Finale2.png
    bronze-2-v1.01Finale2.png
    2.6 KB · Views: 9

LeEdyZ

ƓØÐ
Years
So i'm stuck at Hardroot town , what do i need to do in order so the old man tells me about the boulders? I already beaten the gym leaders & elite four . Cause i want to go to the second region.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
So i'm stuck at Hardroot town , what do i need to do in order so the old man tells me about the boulders? I already beaten the gym leaders & elite four . Cause i want to go to the second region.
After talking to the old man, you need to go to the northeast corner of the town, where the train station is.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
EDIT: Now this is decidedly odd. I am on a pokemon hunt specifically for Rhyhorn and Slowpoke and they dont seem to be anywhere they're supposed to be. Theres no hidden path in Bronze Cave to indicate they may be in an area I've not yet been and the Slowpoke dont appear to be anyplace as I'm surfing around Figbranch.
From my own attempts at hunting Rhyhorn, I believe it has a mere 1% encounter rate in Bronze Cave. As for Slowpoke, I'm having the same problem as you...

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
From my own attempts at hunting Rhyhorn, I believe it has a mere 1% encounter rate in Bronze Cave. As for Slowpoke, I'm having the same problem as you...

Well rhyhorn no longer matters I made it to victory road and a few live around there. Slowpoke is still no where to be seen.

LeEdyZ

ƓØÐ
Years
After talking to the old man, you need to go to the northeast corner of the town, where the train station is.

Thanks dude I already figured the problem. I don't know for sure but i think it's a bug in the game. In order to speak to the old man in the Hardroot Town i had to beat the Elite Four 2 times. But thanks for answering :)

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen today
Thanks dude I already figured the problem. I don't know for sure but i think it's a bug in the game. In order to speak to the old man in the Hardroot Town i had to beat the Elite Four 2 times. But thanks for answering :)
Really? I've defeated the Elite Four just once, and I was able to go to Kohto after talking to the old man near the boulders.

LeEdyZ

ƓØÐ
Years
Really? I've defeated the Elite Four just once, and I was able to go to Kohto after talking to the old man near the boulders.

Yeah I think after I talked to the professor instead of going first to Hardroot Town I was at another City so I think that's why it happen. I don't know for sure tho.

Tendoman77

Formerly known as "Da Man"
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 27, 2024
Well rhyhorn no longer matters I made it to victory road and a few live around there. Slowpoke is still no where to be seen.

I definity encountered a Rhyhorn in Bronze Cave at least once during my initial journey through there I can confirm, must be a super rare encounter indeed.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
Years
Not sure if this will help people much, but if y'all are trying to get trade evolutions working for Pokemon like Alakazam, Gengar etc, the emulator I use is my MyOldboy! as it has a "link" local option in which you can trade between two games (even vanilla crystal works)
Hope this helps!

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
with the trade evolutions I always felt that it would make more sense to use the relevant item associated with them like an evolution stone. In the case of items like King's Rock and Metal Coat it isnt too difficult to get more of them so its not a problem to sacrifice an item for an evolution if necessary.

In the case of the original trade evolutions (Gengar, Machamp, Golem, and Alakazam) them using a different item would make sense IMO like using a Twisted Spoon on Kadabra since it already has one spoon as it is, thus it triggers evolution for that species. Perhaps using a Black Belt on Machoke to evolve it into Machamp similarly? It would reflect on how a black belt is the highest rank in a given martial art, and MAchamp is the result of having mastered every form of martial arts.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 17, 2023
Great game Freako, just finished the game and it's absolutely fantastic!
Though I have a question.
Where do I find all other legendaries?
I have Entei, Articuno, Ho-oh and Mew
Where do I find the rest?
Question no. 2
What is the Dev Diaries??

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2020
Howdy everyone! I've been working on the next patch which fixes all the issues found so far in this thread as well as some other tweaks.
I should have it ready very soon!! If you've found any errors since then, let me know!

Back