• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2021
    Hey can somebody help me out I'm on a happier note 9 and I cannot figure out how to play. I download it but it won't appear on my game list on my emulator app. Been waiting awhile for this so any help um helps lol

itsdarsh

Contender
    Years
  • Is the Poliwhirl holding the King's Rock meant to evolve once traded over? Because it's not atm.

When you trade a Growlithe for a Poliwhirl in Willowbush Town, that Poliwhirl doesn't evolve, even though it's holding a King's Rock.

It turns out vanilla Crystal doesn't natively support evolving after in-game trades, so by proxy Bronze 2 doesn't either. A patch for this should hopefully be out soon.

Years
    • Seen May 8, 2021
    Hey, Freako! Congratulations on releasing Bronze 2. I'm sure it must be an extremely satisfying, but also bittersweet feeling to finally release it to the public! As a person who was one of the 5 active members in the AxmanAMV community, seeing it has Axman Approval in the trailer was pretty neat ;) and I'm also loving every minute of it thus far.

I don't know if you're planning on fixing bugs anytime soon, but if you are, I found two very small things:
    Spoiler:

Nonetheless, take some time to yourself, man. You've put so much work into this, and as someone who's tinkered around with rom hacks, I know the workload is so much greater than it seems. Rest easy, keep strong, and be proud of what you've done! And thanks.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    Hey, Freako! Congratulations on releasing Bronze 2. I'm sure it must be an extremely satisfying, but also bittersweet feeling to finally release it to the public! As a person who was one of the 5 active members in the AxmanAMV community, seeing it has Axman Approval in the trailer was pretty neat ;) and I'm also loving every minute of it thus far.

I don't know if you're planning on fixing bugs anytime soon, but if you are, I found two very small things:
    Spoiler:

Nonetheless, take some time to yourself, man. You've put so much work into this, and as someone who's tinkered around with rom hacks, I know the workload is so much greater than it seems. Rest easy, keep strong, and be proud of what you've done! And thanks.

I fixed the door/gate bug as that is a softlock. Thanks for finding it!
    Various other bugs I'll do in a bigger patch eventually.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Hey-o, I really want to add an Abra on my team, it's night time in my game and I haven't been able to encounter one in the route it's situated in. Is it a morning/day encounter?
    Also, is or possible for Pokemon requiring trade evolutions to evolve via alternative methods?

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2024
    If you can't go anywhere, try go somewhere else.
    There must be a path you aren't seeing.

I can't go anywhere in Willowbush Town because there's a fence that surrounds the whole town not allowing me to go anywhere. I really don't know of any path I didn't see already. If anyone knows what I should do, please let me know

Years
    • Seen today
    I can't go anywhere in Willowbush Town because there's a fence that surrounds the whole town not allowing me to go anywhere. I really don't know of any path I didn't see already. If anyone knows what I should do, please let me know
    In the Poke Center, you should find the Gym Leader. Talk to him, and he'll open the fence.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen yesterday
    While not a bug or anything major, I randomly spoke to Adler's assistant after returning to his lab for my first rival battle and he recites old stock text from vanilla crystal about a pokemon being stolen. Nothing major of course but figured I'd mention it since its not at all relevant to this game.

Years
    • Seen today
    In the Sludge Cave, there's an item ball that I can't reach.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Mar 13, 2024
    Unsure if this happens in all the other gyms, but in the Figbranch Town gym the Winning Trainers statue states neither you nor your rival have won, yet when you win both names get printed.

Also, flying to Willowbush isn't possible for some reason.

Back