• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Years
    Will the starting pokemon be the same as in pokemon bronze 1 or will they be different? Thanks and congratulations Freako!

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    Will the starting pokemon be the same as in pokemon bronze 1 or will they be different? Thanks and congratulations Freako!

The starting Pokemon are the same as Red/Blue but you can collect GSC's starters later on.

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2022
    OMG! :O I'm so happy: 3 Congratulations Freako, I think this game will become my favorite!
    I finished the pokemon orange, the prism, the polished crystal, the bronze 1, the light crytal, the dark energy, the iced silver and the kaizo crystal.
    Does anyone have more 2nd generation Pokemon hack roms? (because I can't wait for bronze 2, I need a new game to wait:O)
    Thanks, and congratulations again!!!

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
    Years
    Release is only a week away!!

The hack is finished, done. Everything is complete, and I plan to release it on the 14th of May.
    Although it will be a day earlier for Americans because of timezones. But yeah I'm gonna go lay down now because It's unreal that I actually got to this point, finally.

Pokemon Bronze 2 (COMPLETE)

Here we go!

Holy crap I thought I would never see this day! Thanks dude for your hard work throughout the years on this hack. I feel so blessed to play it right now and I'm excited to play bronze 1 first! Thank you very much for making this work of art and have a fantastic day.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    while we likely aren't going to see any hard game mecanic changes, I wanted to ask if theres any differences in the pokemon's movepools?I ask since gen 2 didnt have some pokemon able to use certain moves they should be able to have access tobut would get them in later gens. Examples include Venusaur and Sludge Bomb, as Venusaur's line couldnt learn it at all in gen 2, and had no poison moves outside either Toxic or Hidden Power (poison). There were other examples but Venusaur not having Sludge Bomb was especially egregious IMO especiallysince other grass/poison types could use Sludge Bomb and even non-poison grass types like Sunflora and Tangela could use it too.

If not, its ok, your game and all but I figured I would ask since knowing ahead of time would be pretty helpful in figuring out what movesets to eventualy go for.

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    while we likely aren't going to see any hard game mecanic changes, I wanted to ask if theres any differences in the pokemon's movepools?I ask since gen 2 didnt have some pokemon able to use certain moves they should be able to have access tobut would get them in later gens. Examples include Venusaur and Sludge Bomb, as Venusaur's line couldnt learn it at all in gen 2, and had no poison moves outside either Toxic or Hidden Power (poison). There were other examples but Venusaur not having Sludge Bomb was especially egregious IMO especiallysince other grass/poison types could use Sludge Bomb and even non-poison grass types like Sunflora and Tangela could use it too.

If not, its ok, your game and all but I figured I would ask since knowing ahead of time would be pretty helpful in figuring out what movesets to eventualy go for.

I was in charge of absolutely everything except the battle system.
    My love of making Pokemon hacks is the story and exploration, so that's what I focused on.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    YES I GET TO START WITH BULBASAUR!!!!!!

yeah its kind of why I asked about the movepool thing since I've gotten to really love using Bulbasaur in recent years. I'm so glad the venusaur line has been getting some needed buffs in the main series as of late. I can't wait to see how things go in Bronze 2 with the kanto trio.

Years
    I have 3 questions that I forgot to ask:
    Is there any shiny chance of capture?
    Pokemon like haunter kadabra machoke and graveler evolve by exchange or another way?
    The types of gyms are identical to pokemon GSC?

Thank you very much Freako

Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2020
    The best way to play this is to just play it like it came out in the 2000s without planning before hand.

Back