• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Champion

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Jep you can have up to 6(team) + 6(box 1) +6(box 2) +6(box 2) = 24 the same pokemon.
This is because we don't use party members as pokemons, just variables.

and thx PKMN_Sage, I have some grammer/spelling problem. Raccoon is helping me with that a lot. Will change it as soon as possible.

Years
  • Seen Apr 29, 2007
Hey.

We're waiting for demo!
anyway , great screen!

Thanks Matt ;)

Years
funnybunny said:
Jep you can have up to 6(team) + 6(box 1) +6(box 2) +6(box 2) = 24 the same pokemon.
This is because we don't use party members as pokemons, just variables.
well, i was afraid that you'll be using party members, good too know that you don't :D

Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2011
WOW... just WOW! That was one of the best fan demos I have ever played! It really... I mean, REALLY felt like I was playing an official Pokemon game! This demo has made me an even more loyal to this game than before. Seems like every programming you guys have done for this game, so far, has run absolutely smoothly. One little error, the first town is called Lilydale, but in the harbor station, the lady calls it Lilyshell. I would also suggest not mixing R/S and those custom charsets(the fat guy in the blue shirt) with the FR/LG charsets. It's distracting and the look isn't right. The game felt TOO official, meaning that the way it starts off is too similar to the way it starts off in FR/LG. That leads me to believe that the plot will also be very similar to one of the already existing plotlines from the official games. But really, you guys have done a fantastic job. This game really rivals Liquid and Hidden Depths! It is just THAT GOOD!

EDIT- I found a tile mistake in the test maps choice. It's with the base of 3 trees found near the water in Viridian. I also opened up your game in RM2K3 to see if you had encoded it, which you haven't. I would suggest doing so to prevent people from stealing your hard work and using it for their game.

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • PR
  • Seen Jun 16, 2007
Darn!!! I don't have .rar do you think you could make a .zip file? *pleasse*

Years
I have got to give you guys credit for hard work, I had no idea this was being made with 2k.. The battle system was fantastic, The closest thing I've ever seen to the original one. You guys must have ripped almost every graphic you could think of for the game, quite a lot of sounds were also there which I couldn't even find.
There were a couple of errors though (as with all games), anyway I saw that once I had healed my bulbasaur with a potion, I couldn't heal any others after that. I had to go to nurse joy.
I can't remember any others at the moment, but I couldn't get past that old man.. I tried everything I could think of...
Great demo guys and I hope ya keep up the great work.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
It doesn't work for me either. When I turn it into a zip file, it justs says that its corrupted. When I leave it as .rar, it says Windows cannot play it. Will I actually need RM2K to play this, or will it have all of the RTP and stuff? As this is very odd.

Years
Very nice demo. Although I found a few spelling errors and bugs.

1. When you catch a Pokemon it should say 'Name was added to your party' instead of 'was add to your party'
2. In Orch Town, it displays the Lilydale Town ID box.
3. When you walking on the grass you're missing the grass animation.
4. In the Pidgey summary it should say "and uses it's wings" not his.
5. It says ennemies in the Pidgey summary, the correct spelling would be enemies.
6. In the Ratata summary you put 'he' or 'his' again. It should be it, since it can be both genders and the summaries are usually not referring to the male gender only.
7. Same as the Pidgey and Ratata summary, you referred to it as a male again.
8. When you gain money by winning a battle it says "Gained -amount- money. This is only my personal opinion, but I think you should use ResHack (or another program) to import the PokeDollar symbol and use that instead.
9. In the gym when you try to walk past the Police Man, you misspelled closed in the message. And you forgot the e in 'the'
10. In the house on Route 2, the Policeman is supposed to say 'you got sent' instead of 'you get sent'

funnybunny

Advanced RM2k(3) Coder
Years
Very nice demo. Although I found a few spelling errors and bugs.

1. When you catch a Pokemon it should say 'Name was added to your party' instead of 'was add to your party'
2. In Orch Town, it displays the Lilydale Town ID box.
3. When you walking on the grass you're missing the grass animation.
4. In the Pidgey summary it should say "and uses it's wings" not his.
5. It says ennemies in the Pidgey summary, the correct spelling would be enemies.
6. In the Ratata summary you put 'he' or 'his' again. It should be it, since it can be both genders and the summaries are usually not referring to the male gender only.
7. Same as the Pidgey and Ratata summary, you referred to it as a male again.
8. When you gain money by winning a battle it says "Gained -amount- money. This is only my personal opinion, but I think you should use ResHack (or another program) to import the PokeDollar symbol and use that instead.
9. In the gym when you try to walk past the Police Man, you misspelled closed in the message. And you forgot the e in 'the'
10. In the house on Route 2, the Policeman is supposed to say 'you got sent' instead of 'you get sent'

1,4,5,9,10. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I am from the Netherlands and I have trouble with spelling, If you see them(spelling mistakes) please tell me and I will change them :D .

2. Woeps, have to change it
3. I know, I haven't got it in there becouse (when you look at the grass with RM2k) you see I didn't use events, just one event on the map, If I add the battle animation it will look verry weird.
6. Well we don't use genders, so there will be just one(male).
7. See 6
8. Thx will change it.

Years
funnybunny said:
1,4,5,9,10. Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I am from the Netherlands and I have trouble with spelling, If you see them(spelling mistakes) please tell me and I will change them :D .

2. Woeps, have to change it
3. I know, I haven't got it in there becouse (when you look at the grass with RM2k) you see I didn't use events, just one event on the map, If I add the battle animation it will look verry weird.
6. Well we don't use genders, so there will be just one(male).
8. Thx will change it.
It's alright, I'll let you know if I find any more spelling errors.

3. I see, well then nevermind.
6. Oh.

I don't know if this is because you might not have finished the CBS completely, but lower level Pokemons seem to attack faster than higher level ones. It doesn't calculate the speed

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
PKMN_Sage said:
EDIT- I found a tile mistake in the test maps choice. It's with the base of 3 trees found near the water in Viridian. I also opened up your game in RM2K3 to see if you had encoded it, which you haven't. I would suggest doing so to prevent people from stealing your hard work and using it for their game.

Yeah, we're going to protect it when it's fully finished.
Or, if we make another demo.
But, I think we can trust people just now.

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
Thanks a lot Phoenix!
Glad you enjoyed our demo. :D

rubyrulez

Back in Action...again...
Years
I must admit, this was extremely impressive. Especially for RM2K, which doesn't exactly compare to RM2K3, but you relly did a great job with this. Heres hoping you finish this game to the very end! ;)

Raccoon

Pokeball Muncher
Years
  • Seen May 21, 2010
In my opinion rm2k is a LOT better than 2k3.
Rpg Maker 2003 is so badly translated its pretty much useless.
But, the mp3 function is nice.
And, the Pokemon game lags in it.

RM2K3kid

Insane..
Years
lol yeah I thought rm2k3 sucked really bad but once I started using it for a few weeks I couldn't go back lol. I suggest staying with rm2k not that you would change anyway lol! Well I like your game programming side is great but maybe mapping could be next. Anyway good job can't wait to see more.

Back