• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon R.O.W.E. - an Open World Version of Pokémon Emerald(Gen 8, Following Pokémon, Costumes and much More)

Years
    The latest update changed this and now the dexnav search level goes up regardless of the evolution stage

Could you give more information regarding to those bugs?
    what item do you have in your glameow(eviolute and exiolite both disable evolutions)
    and what game version are you playing

The evolution problem is fixed that caused by the eviolute.

I battled Norman the Normal type gym leader as the final gym leader and I defeated him, but the time when the message says "You got the badge" a new message shows and cancel the previous, in other words its a softlock.
    I can battle him again but I never be able to get that badge.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    i have a question about the dexnav: are the shiny odds just like the ones in oras? or are they different?

Dexnav chaining is a much higher chance (I found 4 shiny Audino's while going from level 0 to 255 on the chain)

Normal odds I believe are same as vanilla.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2022
    Dexnav chaining is a much higher chance (I found 4 shiny Audino's while going from level 0 to 255 on the chain)
    i know the odds while using the dexnav are higher, but i want to know if they are higher than oras' dexnav or if it works just like oras' dexnav

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Hello, rioluwott, i start playing your hack recently and i got encountered a crash, twice in the same place at Route 104 (before Petalburg Woods)

i first encountered a crash when i was randomly wandering around in the bush behind Mr. Briney's house and encountered a Pidove and then i fled after and in a sudden, the game crashed saying with window popped-out some invalid address...

the second encounter was in the bushes near the exit of the Petalburg City and i encountered Taillow and then flee again and the game suddenly crashed again with the same small window popping out of some invalid address (i dont know if it was the same address as the first one)...

im using mGBA 0.9.3 x64 btw, my starter was Meowth in a Normal difficulty mode without touching game modes at the start...

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2022
    i want to suggest a fix/update for the dexnav; when you encounter the evolved form of a mon, for some reason your search level doesnt go up, so you could get very high chains but almost no search levels, for example im trying to shiny hunt ralts (got 5 badges so no shiny charm and around level 30 mons) via dexnav but its really hard bcs the search level is low and hardly ever goes up (i get around 1 or 2 ralts every 10 hidden ralts encounter, with the rest of them being kirlias, gardevoirs and galades) because ralts' evolution level is very low, and there are other mons that have this problem too (like a bunch of bugs) so pls fix this (unless its a thing you did on purpose, and if it is, you're mean)

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    Hello, rioluwott, i start playing your hack recently and i got encountered a crash, twice in the same place at Route 104 (before Petalburg Woods)

i first encountered a crash when i was randomly wandering around in the bush behind Mr. Briney's house and encountered a Pidove and then i fled after and in a sudden, the game crashed saying with window popped-out some invalid address...

the second encounter was in the bushes near the exit of the Petalburg City and i encountered Taillow and then flee again and the game suddenly crashed again with the same small window popping out of some invalid address (i dont know if it was the same address as the first one)...

im using mGBA 0.9.3 x64 btw, my starter was Meowth in a Normal difficulty mode without touching game modes at the start...

You're likely either using an invalid emerald rom base or you downloaded it pre patched. I've never encountered any such error on mGBA or MyBoy.

Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    i want to suggest a fix/update for the dexnav; when you encounter the evolved form of a mon, for some reason your search level doesnt go up, so you could get very high chains but almost no search levels, for example im trying to shiny hunt ralts (got 5 badges so no shiny charm and around level 30 mons) via dexnav but its really hard bcs the search level is low and hardly ever goes up (i get around 1 or 2 ralts every 10 hidden ralts encounter, with the rest of them being kirlias, gardevoirs and galades) because ralts' evolution level is very low, and there are other mons that have this problem too (like a bunch of bugs) so pls fix this (unless its a thing you did on purpose, and if it is, you're mean)

Are you playing the most recent update? I believe Riolu addressed this last update.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    You're likely either using an invalid emerald rom base or you downloaded it pre patched. I've never encountered any such error on mGBA or MyBoy.

i used the Emerald Trashman ROM base to patch and the latest 1.6.3.3 of ROWE patch using NUPS Patcher, i even checked it MD5 site like the 'readme' file says and it was the same match (even the Trashman rom itself as well)...

so far, i played the game with another crash again but anything, i haven't encountered any other problems aside some graphic glitches in overworld (but i choose to ignore since it doesn't much affect the gameplay anyway) but maybe i should re-patch the game, i think...

i have yet to play it in MyBoy so i dont know and for VBA since i only got to encounter that internal battery problem so i counted it out....

as for the crash again, should i post an image of the crash or should i do it in ROWE Discord server?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 31, 2024
    i used the Emerald Trashman ROM base to patch and the latest 1.6.3.3 of ROWE patch using NUPS Patcher, i even checked it MD5 site like the 'readme' file says and it was the same match (even the Trashman rom itself as well)...

so far, i played the game with another crash again but anything, i haven't encountered any other problems aside some graphic glitches in overworld (but i choose to ignore since it doesn't much affect the gameplay anyway) but maybe i should re-patch the game, i think...

i have yet to play it in MyBoy so i dont know and for VBA since i only got to encounter that internal battery problem so i counted it out....

as for the crash again, should i post an image of the crash or should i do it in ROWE Discord server?

Yes. If you patched it yourself and have the correct md5, I'd post a bug report on the discord. The recommended emulator is mGBA, so the fact that you've encountered that is odd.

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2023
    Yes. If you patched it yourself and have the correct md5, I'd post a bug report on the discord. The recommended emulator is mGBA, so the fact that you've encountered that is odd.

Well, I'm actually using mGBA since VBA was bit outdated and I made a new set of ROWE patch again (which of course, the required ROM base, the Trashman version and its correct MD5 match which i already checked it like what the 'readme' says) and played it again but I made New Game instead and choose another starter and so far, i haven't been able to encounter of bugs, crash or glitches (still graphic ones but unaffected to the gameplay), so maybe I have encountered a odd problem indeed and I speculate it was either resetting the game or pausing it since I was been constantly using it or it is probably i have gotten an unfinished data transfer of a ROWE patch file during its download due to slow internet connectivity which I have been problem with.....

but either way, sorry for wasting your time for this, its just was kinda worried I might encounter that crash again so i just had to report or something, but anyways, thanks for the response 😅

Years
    • Seen Jun 30, 2022
    EDIT 2: Battled the a female trainer outside of Petalburg woods. I was spamming dragon tail from my Jango-mo. Her hoothoot was brought down to yellow HP, and swtiched out. She then brought it back in battle, and the sitrus berry activation took place, but then the game froze with music still running in the background.

I've had this same exact issue with Winona in rematch battles with Stealth Rock active, and I'd like to know if it has been fixed yet.

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
    Thought I'd mention a small oddity. I've reach the battle frontier aspect of the hack. While participating in the battle factory (rental swap), turns out that the Pokémon you swap for won't have the mega evolution option pop up even though it's holding the correct mega stone (Loppuny in my case)

Years
    • Seen today
    Hi all

Started playing this yesterday, and so far I'm enjoying it, but I have a weird question
    How do you guys recommend going about this game?

I'm usually trying to catch all pokemon in such games, so I usually just go through the areas that are available and catch whatever I can there, and progress with the story
    However, due to this game being an open world where the level cap actually changes the wild encounters (as they also level up), how do you recommend going about it?
    Exploring the full map, getting whatever I want and only after that going for the Gym battles?

Also, I tried playing on normal difficulty first, and encountered a weird issue
    When I reached the level cap, my pokemon still get EXP and can even level up, but when they do they don't get any extra stats
    I'm not sure if the stats are re-calculated once the level cap increases, as I didn't record the stats I had before and after I got another badge
    Restarted the game on hard difficulty, and there level caps work as expected (so much better in my opinion)

And last, what exactly do the stars on the DexNav page represent?
    Because usually they mean that you are guaranteed to have X perfect IVs on the encounter (X being 1 - 3, for the 1 - 3 stars)
    But when I first tried the game, I didn't see that behavior at all
    So is this different here than in other DexNav implementations?

Back