• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Rated M

Gree Lee

LeeDiamonds
Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2014
    I just got this crazy idea. How would you all feel if Pokemon grew with us that were around since the start? What I mean is, Pokemon came out when I was in like Middles School which makes me a little older lol. So What if Pokemon video games were more violent and graphic. Would you enjoy this or not and why?

Years
  • No. I only want improved graphics, richer story and more customization.

Basically Pokemon games are already violent with a lot of censure. Team Rocket, kidnapping, taking over a city, giants fighting over land and ocean, guy trying to take over the world and whatnot, Hypno scaring little girls in the woods, ghosts, haunted houses, shipwrecks, killing pokemon (marowak etc)...see where Im going with this.

Really the only thing they would have to do to make it more violent is to remove the censore. Unless you are talking about guns and whatnot, in which case it's no longer Pokemon, its PokeCoD and stuff.

Anyway, no, just improve what we already have, and make it a bit more mature, like, without little kids calling me to tell me about their rats even after I beat Elite Four and stuff like that. That would be enough for me.

IggyKoopa

#429: magical pokémon
    Years
  • I think Pokémon has already nailed the right atmosphere; the 'kiddie' feel it maintains a lot of the time gives it really nice juxtaposition whenever something dark happens -- and it does happen, I mean look at Sven's example and tell me it isn't suitably dark.

Look at the Sonic franchise. It had this from the start, but then when Adventure 2 came around and they tried to make the whole thing dark and edgy, and then Shadow the Hedgehog happened, and, well... let's not go any further into that. ._.

Cerberus87

Mega Houndoom, baby!
    Years
  • It exists and it's called the Pokémon Adventures manga. A game based on PokéSpe would be awesome.

As far as I know PokéSpe isn't rated Mature but it has a much darker tone.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    A game with darker vibe and feel wouldn't be so bad; I'd likely enjoy it, personally.

Would they create such a thing, though? I'm not sure, probably not. Thus far, each and every one of their game were family-friendly and aimed towards more or less everybody, so giving it a more mature tone would limit them to an older audience. As for kids, they'd be left out. They could still play, I understand, but for some, their parents wouldn't allow it.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
  • I honestly don't mind that Pokemon doesn't have a dark vibe. Personally, I liked the happier feeling of the middle generation games, however, it seems to be more over-the-top for the latest installments. I think I would just love it if Pokemon wasn't aiming the games at kids specifically, because then that would release the games from having to be happy go lucky and give the games more freedom to not feel obligated to include stuff like moral lessons (ex. like in Black and White).

Years
  • No thanks. Pokémon is meant to have a more refreshing, pleasant vibe to it, and I think making it dark would be out of character. Although as mentioned above, we already have story lines that edge into that territory; the villainous teams of the newer games have been pretty diabolical in the acts they've committed, except Team Magma and Aqua. XY's had some very scary things from an ancient past, so that's as dark as it gets to me.

Gree Lee

LeeDiamonds
    Years
    • Seen Sep 30, 2014
    Nice to see different opinions on it, I personally would like maybe if ur pokemon is getting worked over to have like a spaghetti sauce blood leak here and there lol.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    I'm still waiting for "The Elder Scrolls VI: Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/<insert other favorite region>" to come out.

That would put story and exploration on a whole new level. Although I'm probably the only one who would like such a game ._.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I wouldn't mind if Pokemon got a little more mature. I don't want it to get like M rated mature though. Just a little bit more is all I ask. Like maybe bump it up from E to E10 or something.

I'm still waiting for "The Elder Scrolls VI: Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/<insert other favorite region>" to come out.

That would put story and exploration on a whole new level. Although I'm probably the only one who would like such a game ._.
    I'd play that ****.

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • I would love if it got a bit more mature. Love/Romance non sexual of course but in anime wise ash not being a dumb oblivios kid and when a girl likes him he finds out and maybe they take it from there. Romantic dinner, hugs a quick peck on the cheek at least.

Years
  • I know it's not really the same thing, but that was one of the problems I had with Black/White. To me, it seemed to try to be too edgy and was darker than the rest of the games. I mean, sure let's pose the question whether or not being a pokemon trainer is wrong even though you have to be a pokemon trainer in the game!

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    I'd love to see a mature version. It would be great to have a Pokemon game that has more of a real world plot. I feel like Black/White was their "edgy attempt" and I found it to be so corny... You either have to go all the way or keep it sweet and sappy imo. I understand it's directed at a younger audience, but there is a large older audience who has grown up with the games and stayed loyal, so it would be nice to see a side game or something small as some sort of trial into the mature category.

I've always found the manga story line to be so much more interesting because of its darker tones and even then it's not that incredibly dark at all.

Harmonious Fusion

over the rainbow, there's a glorious sight
    Years
  • I'm vehemently opposed to making Pokemon more thematically mature. It's perfect as it is: an idealistic world that isn't afraid to show its claws.

Would be nice if they made an effort to make the dialogue less corny in places, though.

Back