• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ruby, Sapphire, & Emerald Remake Speculation Thread

If Pokemon Ruby & Pokemon Sapphire was remade, would you buy it?

• Yes

Votes: 1,204 93.3%
  • No

Votes: 87 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MrsNorrington

Lady Loki
Years
    • Age 34
    • Fl
    • Seen Aug 20, 2014
    I dont know if this is where everyone was posting the supposed hints for a Ruby/Sapphire remake in Pokemon Black/White, but there may be another hint..

On Serebii, it says "It has been announced that the Hoenn starters will be given over the Global Link for people who have purchased the Pokemon Black/White After Completion Guide..."

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Actually...I'd take that as a hint that they're not remaking them....as the starters are available. Also, the starters are available to all players of Hg/Ss, not just the wi-fi equipped....which is one of the reasons people have against the Kanto re-remakes...still, good point!

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • There probably has already been some kind of discussion about this in this thread, but I think the fact that we have Dive as a HM here is a very definite proof of that there's a Hoenn remake to come.
    I mean, it isn't like you can go underwater in Isshu, right? Or did I miss something?

Years
  • There probably has already been some kind of discussion about this in this thread, but I think the fact that we have Dive as a HM here is a very definite proof of that there's a Hoenn remake to come.
    I mean, it isn't like you can go underwater in Isshu, right? Or did I miss something?

You can only go underwater once. It seems pointless: post-game, undersea ruins, you get Arceus plates and a few things that sell for a high price and that's all.

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
  • Yes. Yes it does seem pointless.
    But I still consider it very strong evidence that there'll be a Hoenn remake.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Yeah...I wasn't sure, not knowing how much it was useable, but in a way, its' pointlessness makes more of a reason for the remakes as we now have a HM with less use in-game than Defog, arguably less than Rock Climb had in Hg/Ss, or even Whirlpool in said game.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It's one of two much cheaper and quicker options for Game Freak to move over to 3DS development then creating a whole new game, the other being the third game in the BW series.

Hell there's probably development work going on as we speak.

Necrø

Paramore <3
    Years
  • I think Nintendo should consider this since they already have like what over 500 pokemon now including the New B/W ones if they were to make another game that would make 700 odd. If they remade R/S they would not have to make any new pokemon and still people would buy the game, Which in Nintendo's eyes in WIN, WIN and WIN :) Oh yeah and if it did go ahead i'd be first in line best gen so far in my opinion.

Years
  • I doubt a remake is coming...
    But one game I'd LOVE to see is something along the lines of "Pokemon Forever" or "Pokemon Elite" or "Pokemon Master".

Which would follow a line of being able to catch EVERY pokemon from Gen 1 - 5, ALL the regions, and more rivals.

If they ever released that. I'd be in heaven.

It would be epic in thoery but once you get past gen 2 wouldnt everything have to be like lv 100 and it would be hard to catch things because the things in the grass would be level 10ish and the trainers would be level 100

Gen 3 has abit of a way to pass to get 5 but it has to go 3, 4 then to 5 because of all (ithink) of the new DSs not having a GBA slot. trade back is not possible so id get a remake if they make it less of one way thing when trading. The dive thing looks like a good sign if it has little use in gen 5. I dont think they need a FRLG remake because kanto (including it legandaries) are all present in HGSS, I cant think if anything you need FRLG for that you cant do in HGSS. Id hope they would add things like in FRLG and HGSS rather than just a copy but I dont know what they can add.

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • I find that happening sometime, but I hope it's not gonna be next. Dx Because it will mess up the timeline. Because Isshu and Hoenn in the same generation will mix it up, since Hoenn with Kanto is 3 years before Sinnoh/Johto. And Cynthia's Pokemon in Isshu are way stronger, plus more things also. So probably not now... But soon.

Years
  • What I wish they would do in the R/S remakes, is follow the plot of Emerald, but make it so that if you get the Ruby remake, you get Groudon and Rayquaza, and if you get the Sapphire remake, you get Kyogre and Rayquaza. I don't know how that would work, but the Emerald storyline is just so much better. :x

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    WTF how did it sell horribly? It was the best selling GBA game ever followed by FR/LG and Emerald
    Yup you're right! R/S/E was pretty much the reason why the Game boy advance was so successful!
    as the starters are available.
    That just gives it an even more chance, they put the johto starters in Emerald too, then the nest generation HG/SS came out!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I can't remember if I posted here or not...

Anyway, there obviously will be a R/S remake, as certain as tomorrow I'm back at school
    -__- Can't argue with those odd's.

Next is D/P remakes XD

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
  • Still awaiting the RSE above ground secret bases. When you mixed records, the person you mixed with and a copy of their Base, person, and team in that same location. I was hoping that it would return. Besides that, I love what they did with the game. Brideges a re a little long, but that is to show how cool they are.

I share the same sentiments! I was disappointed when I heard they got changed in DPPt. That was one of the best features of RSE, IMO. You got to battle your friends daily for awesome experience. Not to mention the awesome training you can get if you battle a Secret Base opponent who has 6 Blisseys... :cer_nod: Aside from Secret Bases, your friends can also show up in the Battle Tower unexpectedly!

FilbertTheFox

.:Welcome to Reality:. (>o.O)>
    Years
  • I hope they do, i personally think Hoenn was quickly made and people have forgot about it so it needs some re-acknowledgement in the Pokemon Community.

Zeko

^ is awesome!
    Years
  • I would sooo buy it. There's this guy on youtube, ranberth (sorry, I can't post links yet) and he has like 12 videos on proof of this.

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    I find that happening sometime, but I hope it's not gonna be next. Dx Because it will mess up the timeline. Because Isshu and Hoenn in the same generation will mix it up, since Hoenn with Kanto is 3 years before Sinnoh/Johto. And Cynthia's Pokemon in Isshu are way stronger, plus more things also. So probably not now... But soon.

That's implying anyone at Gamefreak gives a hoot about timeline considerations for a game that never had much (if) any connection to previous games in the series in the first place.

Besides, retcons retconning retcons is the way to go.

ShivaDF

The Scooter-riding Artist
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2017
    I'm conflicted, because I'm worried they'll change the characters and only let you fight one evil team per version, which would really suck. I loved Emerald, and I want to fight Aqua and Magma. Otherwise I'm all for this idea, and I think it will definitely happen.

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • Hoenn is my favorite region. It came out during a sentimental part of my life and I will forever have nostagia due to that. Me and my best friend (who no longer plays Pokemon) shared so many moments in those games. He even said if it's remade he would get it. Hoenn remakes ftw.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back