• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon Shiny Gold

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickyD

Pokemon Master
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 4, 2009
Zel, you freakin rock! The hack is back up and running, and due to be released by the end of the month! This is truly awesome. Shiny Gold is among one of the most profesionally done hacks I have ever seen, and Zel is an awesome programmer.

Dogboy2709

Banned
Years
Also, here's a Glitch:

Found in Shiny Gold X v3.5

When the Policeman is talking to elm, and he leaves, if you move with the policeman, the policeman will not leave the lab, and if you talk to him, the game will freeze, however, if you stay still, the policeman WILL exit the buliding. I'll created an .avi Video later if you want,
Anyhow, KUTUW!

Mikari

<-- Do want <3
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 29, 2007
This is a truly amazing game. I haven't played it yet, but I've seen videos of it on Youtube, and it seems like one of the best Fire Red hacks available! ^-^
I'll make sure to play it when I have the time.

dirk123

Organization XIII
Years
WOW!! I love this hack! I also have a few questions concerning downloading this;

1) Where can I find a clean FR ROM?
2) What is .IPS or LIPS?
3) How far does it go?

Thank you!

1) You are not allowed to ask for Roms.
2) IPS is a patch/hack of the game, you use LIPS to patch it on a rom.
3) Beta 4 Preview goes till the entrance of the Victory Road.

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
Years
once in a blue mew, do NOT ask for ROMs here. It's against the PC rules, and I suggest you read over them again, as I've seen your name coming up a few times recently.

dirk, to help draw attention to posts like these, please report them to moderators. Thanks. :)

--FG

Years
  • Seen Aug 1, 2007
It would be really really cool if you added the Hoenn Region (well you'll probably not, but hey, it's worth a try.)

Alex

what will it be next?
Years
  • Seen Dec 30, 2022
Hey zel. Are you actually planning on releasing a beta soon? If you are, I can't wait to play it. I actually didn't play the preview of it, and I'm dying to see those new tiles.

Good luck again, zel. I'm supporting you all the way.

Last edited by a moderator:

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Zel, Bit confused, will we be able to use the female in B4? as the sprite and OW were finished the last time I saw you mention it, then you said we shouldn't a few pages back...

Just to straight things, both OWs will be replaced (most likely, in this Beta, if not, they will remain as in the Preview), and I'll have to make sure to have all the poses.

Just curious, is there any testing going on with BGM inserts? I know you said you "have practiced with good midis and the sound in the game sounds quite good." Does that mean you got the game to change its music?! That sounds almost impossible! Do you think any music change will make it into Beta 4?

No. There is no music changing for the B4, for I want to have all the tracks ready to be inserted. Even though it's not a hard task, when you have so many tracks to insert, thing changes...

Did zel say that beta 4 will be released june 30?

I'm intending to release it by this month's end (but that's not too specific, as I need some freedom, and I don't like chaining myself XP), so just keep alert.

Hey, in beta 4, will you change the map from Kanto's islands to a new and improved Johto map?

Too hard... Too lazy... Next...

Also, here's a Glitch:

Found in Shiny Gold X v3.5

When the Policeman is talking to elm, and he leaves, if you move with the policeman, the policeman will not leave the lab, and if you talk to him, the game will freeze, however, if you stay still, the policeman WILL exit the buliding. I'll created an .avi Video later if you want,
Anyhow, KUTUW!

Hmmm... The classic "not waiting enough time". I'll check it out.

What you could do is change minor parts and Pokemon for Shiny Gold to go with its counterparts like Silver & Crystal.

Nah. As I've said many times already, I just like the idea of just having one game. One game to have'em all (Didn't that sound familiar? :\)

Oh, just great. Both imageshack and photobucket were acting strange for me. I guess I'll wait to post more screenshots. See ya!

hahyun6

Hackerwannabe
Years
  • Seen Nov 9, 2009
Good Work Zel!!

Dude your doing great! just to make you feel proud, I think your the only one to go so far in making remake of g/s... Well... This isn't what I came for, but are you going to make the 3 legendary birds from original pokemon, Zapdos, Aricuno, and Moltres?

P.S. I think your gonna win the hack of the year nomination!!

Midnight Beat

elit resu motsuc
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 17, 2023
Dude your doing great! just to make you feel proud, I think your the only one to go so far in making remake of g/s... Well... This isn't what I came for, but are you going to make the 3 legendary birds from original pokemon, Zapdos, Aricuno, and Moltres?

P.S. I think your gonna win the hack of the year nomination!!

All the pokemon will be catchable, and for the legendaries he will make some sort of event.

Reply to P.S. With 16ish votes so far he will win hands down.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I'm almost 100% sure Articuno will be in Ice Cave (right after Mahogany) :P
Wouldn't be suprised if Zapdos was still in the PP... or possibly in some extra room in the Lighhouse.
After Moltres could go in Burned Tower (somewhere) or even Victory Road???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back