• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Spoilers] Pokemon Sun & Moon anime announced in CoroCoro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Was kinda hoping to see that trailer. I don't know why they would close their account out of the blue like that. Maybe they were banned or something for uploading it.

Did anyone actually see the trailer? Could someone explain what it showed?

Years
    Sadly it doesn't load as apparently the Youtuber closed their account.

I just updated this, thanks!
    However it's a really short trailer.

Was kinda hoping to see that trailer. I don't know why they would close their account out of the blue like that. Maybe they were banned or something for uploading it.

Did anyone actually see the trailer? Could someone explain what it showed?

There isn't anything new.
    We see pikachu swimming, it looks like it's training. You can see it now.

Years
    That makes me wonder, is Pikachu's Z-Move going to be Catastropika (Pikachu-exclusive Z-Move) or Gigavolt Havoc (general Electric-type Z-Move)? Or even if he'll use Z-Moves with the rest of his Alola team?

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    That makes me wonder, is Pikachu's Z-Move going to be Catastropika (Pikachu-exclusive Z-Move) or Gigavolt Havoc (general Electric-type Z-Move)? Or even if he'll use Z-Moves with the rest of his Alola team?

From the looks of it, it appears to be Gigavolt Havoc. I'm not positive though, as we don't see it fully.

Years
    Definitely Gigavolt Havoc. Look at this.
    Here are 2 image from the game and 2 from the anime. The images of the game is Gigavolt Havoc and it seems that Ash and Pikachu are doing exactly the same.
    Spoiler:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    Yeah. But it is possible that Ash may get Pikachu's other Z Move later on.

Anyway, I am almost positive that Cynthia, Gary and Serena will return for an episode or two in Sun and Moon. Serena may they for a whole half season/season like Dawn.

I can definitely see Gary returning to talk to Prof. Oak's cousin.

I also have a feeling that a lot of other people may make cameos in Season 20.

And I don't see Serena not returning after what happened in XYZ Ending.

Tapu Koko seems to be extremely interested in Ash. I have a feeling we are gonna have another cataclysmic event later on in the saga. The Guardians remind me of the Lake Trio and I have a feeling all the Guardians will be teaming up with the main cast.

Years
    I feel Pikachu getting Gigavolt Havoc isn't special because that's the Z-Move that literally any Electric-type can use.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
    I feel Pikachu getting Gigavolt Havoc isn't special because that's the Z-Move that literally any Electric-type can use.

This is true. It is possible that Ash may get the other one at a later time. With how intense this saga may be, I can see the Elec Z Stone breaking. It is also possible that it may not be discovered yet.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
    Years
    The setup of the show (With Ash/Satoshi being on one place - the school and not traveling) Is a perfect way to set up short returns and cameos... Since if they wanted to his old friends can just visit him in one place... Especially with the announcement of the Battle Tree (where you can recruit other characters to be your doubles partner) and since Sun and Moon is the 20th anniversary series. I'm positive that most fan-favorite characters will (Hopefully) make an appearance in the Sun and moon ( with Gary/Shigero being the most likely)

Years
    So, the SM anime site confirms Ash is still 10.

This means he's either staying in school and not doing Island Trials due to being underage, or the Trial Captains recognize his potential as a trainer and decide to let him forgo the age limit.

Frozocrone

Fighting a bigger fight
    Years
    Latest preview shows that:

Rowlet is on Ash's bag and prefers watermelons to Ash' Pokeball, despite being petted by him.
    Litten is finally tired of Ash's antics and strikes back. Also someone feeds it.
    Popplio is mischievous with Ash.
    Meowth sneaks a glance under Mimikyu and severely pays for it.
    (also more recycled footage).

Trailer in spoiler
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2018
    The trailers and their focus on comedic moments make me wonder how much story is going to be in this new season. Will Satoshi/Ash and others have defined goals and will there be a regular amount of battles, or is Sun and Moon going to have more funny moments than anything else?

Years
    Is that even Ash? Not only does he look way younger than Ash ever did but he doesn't look like Ash overall.

Reading some comments here though, what did you guys expect? Ash's entire progress to not reset to noob level when a new season starts? Ha!

At this point they should just make a new anime protagonist instead of making Ash dumb every season just so kids have somebody to relate to.

User19sq

Such a strange, new art direction. I'd hate to see what it does to Pokémon species of old that we know and love.
    At this point they should just make a new anime protagonist instead of making Ash dumb every season just so kids have somebody to relate to.

This. With this, Ash can go on and grow the f*ck up. And that's why everyone will always love Red more than Ash.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Well it looks like rowett's going to be As's which is pretty nice to see.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back