• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pokemon X&Y Limited Edition - Red or Blue?

Years
  • Have your pre-ordered the 3DS XL Pokemon X&Y limited edition?
    What color did you choose?
    Which game you pre-ordered?
    Why did you choose them?

Yes.
    Blue.
    Y(RED).
    The blue 3DS goes better with the Pokemon X&Y's skin in my opinion.
    I chose Pokemon Y because I want a flying legendary and cause it starts with the first letter of my name - not much of a reason, but that's it.

Years
    • Seen Mar 6, 2016
    If I am completley honest I'm not a big fan of limited edition Consoles. They look nice, but I much prefer my plain white 3DS XL over one with a design and a colour.

And I preordered Pokemon Y.

toxictwinkie

Mini moose will rule you all
    Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2014
    I'm personally waiting for the Zelda Edition. The X / Y ones look to plain.

Name

Moémon Master
    Years
  • BLUE!
    I was so excited when they finally announced these I literally jumped with joy.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
  • WHELP. I'm still waiting for the White 3DS XL to be released in North America.

I've never really been a big fan of special edition systems therefore I'm not really interested in buying either of these. If the White 3DS XL doesn't come out before October arrives ─ which I've run out of hope that it will ─ then I'm just going to buy the solid black one instead, since I still haven't bought a 3DS for myself yet.

Years
  • I really want to get either of them so badly now, but I'm unsure if it's possible to trade in my 3DS XL for one of those ;~; they look so cool and it would really go along with my DSi XL of having a special edition

Roh

Years
    • Seen Jan 7, 2014
    Limited edition consoles are cool, but I'd never find myself using them regularly. Plus I'm also not a big fan of XL's. I preordered X, just to go with my own tradition of always getting the first name listed in a pair (red, gold, ruby, diamond, heartgold, ect.), and also because my cousin, also my real-life rival, preordered Y.

Years
  • I won't be getting any since my blue 3DS XL is working perfectly but they're both beautiful. If I could, I'd get the blue one. Still waitin' for a cute pink, gold, or white one though. :)

EJ Nero

Water forever
    Years
  • I think they're both ugly, and Nintendo why are the bundle packs only for the XL? I don't have a 3DS but I'll be getting the original-sized one as I think the XL is too big. But it never seems to get the bundles. (-_-) I mean does everyone prefer the XL and so Nintendo only releases the bundles for it? Ugh, it's so frustrating. *End rant*

I prefer the normal colors anyways

Years
  • I think they're both ugly, and Nintendo why are the bundle packs only for the XL? I don't have a 3DS but I'll be getting the original-sized one as I think the XL is too big. But it never seems to get the bundles. (-_-) I mean does everyone prefer the XL and so Nintendo only releases the bundles for it? Ugh, it's so frustrating. *End rant*

I prefer the normal colors anyways
    i actually asked a bunch of people who own both the original and the xl, and xl seemed to be the preferred console. buy what you think would be more comfortable.

by the way, i found out today that toysRus have the pikachu limited edition xl, which looks great!

one last thing, the y&x 3ds xl are not bundles, you buy the game separately =\

Years
  • I didn't like the blue 3DS when I first saw it, but with the release of the red one, I couldn't help myself and pre-ordered it. I was planning on getting the plain black 3DS XL, but red was my favorite color for many years, and with it being a limited edition console and Pokemon-themed, I could probably get more money for it should I decide to sell it in the future. I really wanted a Pokemon-themed 3DS anyway since Pokemon is the reason I'm getting one at all, but I think the design is plain, uncreative, and beyond lazy. I like it better than the Pikachu one though (yellow is my least favorite color, and I hate the way Pikachu looks in all the merchandise artwork).

I pre-ordered Pokemon X because I love Xerneas' design and find Yveltal's design awkward. I don't care one way or the other about the other exclusive Pokemon, although I do like Spritzee. Pokemon X is the first game I've ever pre-ordered. o-o

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • I bought a regular 3DS a few months ago despite the XL being out for a long. I'd rather have a compact gaming system to carry in my pocket, or else I would have tried to get the Pikachu XL (which was around when I got mine.) I don't like legendaries very much, so even if they were available for regular-sized 3DSs, I still wouldn't want them.

I'm not going to preorder X/Y. I think I might buy my copy later than most people, because I'll be too busy in school to play much anyways.

Years
  • Probably an unpopular opinion that I'm going to spit out, but I don't like the look of both of those consoles. They both look a bit cheap, though pictures may not do it justice. Inside of both consoles will probably still be black.

I'd rather have had the Charizard 3ds XL come over or even the gold one.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I already have a red 3DS XL so I have no intentions on getting one of the limited edition ones. Though if I didn't have a 3DS XL and I did have the money for one of the two I would likely be well... the Red one.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I already have a 3DS, and might be planning for asking for a 3DS XL Pokémon X and Y for Christmas so that the d-pad on my old one doesn't give me thumb herpes.

MrGriszell

Madara
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2021
    In my opinion my special pikachu 3ds xl is better, plus I heard they ran out quick so I value mine more now

Back