• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: PokeSpam Inc. Tool Showcase!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darksun45230

Story Developer
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2016
The stories coming along fine so far. I'm around the second Gym. The story so far is about a wise-cracking trainer who acts like a grunt from Team Rocket. However he makes a few friends, and so far the characters are running pretty smoothly.

The hack will need to involve the Hero speaking. I've seen a few Rom Hacks with this, so I'm sure this will be able to be pulled off. Also, since I know nothing about hacking I'll be looking for a team to take interest in the story. So far, I think it's the best story out there (no offense to the storywriters out there. I'm need to be optimistic in order to keep going ^_^)

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
The stories coming along fine so far. I'm around the second Gym. The story so far is about a wise-cracking trainer who acts like a grunt from Team Rocket. However he makes a few friends, and so far the characters are running pretty smoothly.

The hack will need to involve the Hero speaking. I've seen a few Rom Hacks with this, so I'm sure this will be able to be pulled off. Also, since I know nothing about hacking I'll be looking for a team to take interest in the story. So far, I think it's the best story out there (no offense to the storywriters out there. I'm need to be optimistic in order to keep going ^_^)

Can you like make a thread in the scrap box or something? No offense, but... This is a tools thread.

Years
hopefully soon, it needs to be tested. also, at this time only darthatron has it, and he lives in a different timezone from the rest of the staff (execpt for thethethethe) i think.

Years
not really true, as i recall there is a 3d map editor for mario 64

Also don't forget the there's a GoldenEye one aswell.

But to take it into consideration Super Mario 64 is 8megs s times that by 8 its size is 64megs and GoldenEye is 16megs so times that by 8 its size is 128megs so that would mean according to my calculations Pokémon Diamond/Pearl is 64megs in its compressed form but times that by 8 its size comes to a whopping 512megs uncompressed which makes it 8 times bigger than Super Mario 64 and 4 times bigger that GoldenEye which will then mean it would be the most advance Editor to date with all the polygons you would have to deal with and edit big massive routes in the game, also in some gyms you have levels and moving parts to deal with ie lifts, mechanical switches and with the underground it is going to be killer editing that map as it is one whole map that spreads across sinnoh.

Years
Also don't forget the there's a GoldenEye one aswell.

But to take it into consideration Super Mario 64 is 8megs s times that by 8 its size is 64megs and GoldenEye is 16megs so times that by 8 its size is 128megs so that would mean according to my calculations Pokémon Diamond/Pearl is 64megs in its compressed form but times that by 8 its size comes to a whopping 512megs uncompressed which makes it 8 times bigger than Super Mario 64 and 4 times bigger that GoldenEye which will then mean it would be the most advance Editor to date with all the polygons you would have to deal with and edit big massive routes in the game, also in some gyms you have levels and moving parts to deal with ie lifts, mechanical switches and with the underground it is going to be killer editing that map as it is one whole map that spreads across sinnoh.

if by uncompressed you mean seperated into it's narc files, it's about 53 megs. There aren't many polygons per route, i know how to edit the maps and it's extremly basic 3d, unable to compare to any pc games which have had map editors made for them

Years
Is pokespam planning on working on an editor to change buyable items in stores?
I actually went for a quick search on this. I didn't look too hard, I couldn't be bothered :P. But from my little look, I found it's set out differently to GBA games. Of course in DP, the items at the mart change depending on where you are in the game(how many badges you have), and going by the GBA trend, that would be done with scripting, which only makes it harder as we haven't found anything on scripting yet. And we won't be able to look for any form of scripting until we find the way that pointers are set out. So there's still lot's to do.
Once we solve the pointer problem, I'd assume more things would become available to us and therefore the public.

KIRA-DIABLO

Beginner
Years
cool.. .i think you must first to develop a ds-emulator for d/p only

coz, no$gba isn't perfect unlike vba in gba roms...

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 22, 2009
if you're using windows 95, then do this:
copy the file called "tabctl32.ocx" after being extracted from the folder you extracted into to the folder:
C:\windows\system

That should work. First make sure that you extracted both of the other files included in the ZIP file though and try it before copying... Otherwise copy them...

-gamefreakfatty

I did this but it still don't work

Darthatron

巨大なトロール。
Years
OCXREG

I did this but it still don't work
Put the tabctl32.ocx file into "C:\WINDOWS\System32\" and Register it with this program: OCX Register.

I made it in like 10 minutes, but it should work. (The Icon took 20 minutes. LOL!)

Steps:
  1. Open OCXREG.exe
  2. Click the "..." button
  3. Find the file you need to register. (C:\WINDOWS\System32\tabctl32.ocx)
  4. Click the "Register" button.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back