• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Pre-ordering?

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I'm definitely pre-ordering Alpha Sapphire, bonuses or not, and then I'll probably pick up Omega Ruby depending on just how much of Emerald is in the game.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • I wonder too what kind of bonus they will give when pre-ordering ORAS :)
    I did pre-order my Pokemon Platinum, Black, White, Black 2, White 2, X and Y too, and the last bonus I got (Pokemon X) was a really neat Pokeball replica to store 3 DS-games in! :D It's like a little game case. Those figures you could collect with Platinum, SoulSilver and so on, were also pretty cool, I got a cute little Giratina (Sky forme) figure!

I really hope they will give away something nice like some cool mini figures (please Rayquaza too) or another cool Pokemon collector's Item! ^_^
    Can't wait to pre-order them!

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • Definitely going to preorder Omega Ruby, but I'm still quite torn... Alpha Sapphire also looks darn good but it seems like everyone is getting it.

That said, anyone knows a good website to import Japanese 3DS games? My 3DS is a Japanese one.. And I only know amiami and Play-Asia.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I'll be preordering, definitely, but from where I don't know yet. It depends on the release date and what kinds of preorder bonuses the game will come with. If college hasn't ended by the time the games are released, I'll have to preorder it in that city. If I'm home for break, though, I'll most likely be getting it from Amazon, unless a store actually has worthwhile bonus goodies.

Years
    • Seen Jul 7, 2023
    I'm for sure pre ordering both versions, just not now because I know I'll end up losing the receipt in the 6 months of waiting.

Years
  • I'm hoping they will have a limited edition of the game before I decide to pre-order. Im definitely going to reserve both copies. Maybe 3 lol

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2022
    *Bangs head onto desk* Well I've done it.

I said I would never pay full price for these games, that I would buy them second hand a few months after their release, that £35 was ridiculous for someone of my age to be spending on games. I also said I would never preorder games, that it was silly when Asda always have piles of them on release day and I would easily get one anyway. And what have I done?! Gone onto Amazon 7 months in advance and preordered the blasted thing. WITH RELEASE DAY DELIVERY!!! This community is terrible for my budget! The lot of you are a bad influence on me and I love you all for it. ♥

Morgnarok

PokéCommunity Supporter - Platinum Tier
    Years
  • My local gamestop called me yesterday and told me they were accepting pre orders for them. I got the phone call because I have bought only pokemon games & nintendo products/systems from them for the past 14 years so it's on my records. Anyways, I pre ordered the games yesterday.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • I am definitely importing this game. This game is TOO good to be played digitally.

Ugh, but that wait...

Kyosuke

.·Simple Complexity
    Years
  • This might be the first Pokemon game I pick up in a while and have to pre-order if it comes with a bonus, I've been playing a loaned Black 2 and Pokemon Y. I'm loving it so far.

Years
    • Seen today
    Yeah, probably not. I'll just get a digital copy of Alpha Sapphire.

Since I have no intentions of getting Omega Ruby at launch (I'll probably get a physical copy of it and Y for Christmas), the preorder doesn't seem particularly useful.

Bobbylicious

Banned
    Years
  • My local gamestop called me yesterday and told me they were accepting pre orders for them. I got the phone call because I have bought only pokemon games & nintendo products/systems from them for the past 14 years so it's on my records. Anyways, I pre ordered the games yesterday.
    thats really cute lol

Sorbet

sυᴘᴇʀɪᴏʀвᴇт
    Years
  • When I pre-ordered X last year they didn't even ship it yet on the day of release, so I'm probably just going out to buy it on the day of release. Unless they have some really cute pre-order bonus of course.

Lihtal

Castle Guard
    Years
  • Here is the thing in my country, i much feel obligated to buy it from a pre-order because it´s 10 bucks cheaper, not only that but because they dont hand it over release day with out pre-order but the day after. The cool thing is, since time-zones are in our favor i get the game a day before every one else well at least 6 hours before. (But don't tell anyone)

atomtanned

Delinquent
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2022
    I'll probably do what I did for XY and pre-order at my local Gamestop so I can pick it up on release day. After hearing the stories of people not getting their Amazon orders for days after release, I'd rather just head down to the store!

I never get digital copies -- I like having the physical ones :P

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    I honestly don't know if I'm going to pre-order or not. Considering I live in a small area and Animal Crossing NL had a limited supply at my local Gamestop, it'd probably be a better idea to pre-order. Cause if I hadn't been at that Gamestop when it opened I wouldn't have gotten my copy of New Leaf on release day.

I don't really want that to happen with Alpha Sapphire tbh. OTL;

Years
    • Seen Dec 17, 2018
    Without a doubt pre-order, I want to there to be able to be a midnight release also to make it more suspenseful the night of.

Back