• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Primal Reversion Discussion & Speculation Thread

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • Those game's stories may come together to make the point that nature is something we should not play with and something that we should strive to protect. At least the original RSE brought up the first part. Zygarde's game(s) may emphasize the second part.

Anyway, the one problem I see with the Primal Reversion items being the Orbs is that, if they were created with the purpose of stopping Groudon and Kyogre from fighting by absorbing and sealing their power within them (at least, it seems that is what they do in the legend), shouldn't they do exactly that if we exposed the Pokémon to them?

Another thing I haven't brought up is that the two Orbs are supposed to remain together. Maybe these games could expand on that, explain why they must remain together, and what happens if they are separated. Perhaps the reason they woke the legendary Pokémon was that they were stolen and taken away from each other.

I think that the orbs being together is suppose to symbolize the unity of land, sea (and sky if they add the Jade orb into the third part of the shrine like thing on the top of Mt. Pyre).

I think that while something else will be involved rather than regular Mega stones the process will turn out to be quite similar, which will be why GF says there's a connection between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution on the official site.

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
  • I feel that the Team leaders would be trying to control the 2 so hard that the Blue and Red Orbs shatters and turns into another new Orbs, which in turns Primal Devolution the 2s.

My way of thinking, though a little more along the lines of less "breaking" and more the orbs also tap into a hidden energy and are the same items physically but still bring out that Primal change in Groudon and Kyogre. Not sure if that explains it well, but I don't think the orbs will change appearance or anything.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years
  • So the English translation of Ancient Devolution is better! Tbh, I prefer Primal Reversion than the Japanese one.

I looked closely at the primal reversions of Kyogre and Groudon and see that the indicator usually used by the Megas are different, with Kyogre having a blue alpha on it while Groudon having a red omega on it.

I don't know if this is an indicator that the primal reversions are reserved only to Kyogre and Groudon but I really hope that isn't the case.

Btw off topic but 1000th post :)

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
  • I don't know if this is an indicator that the primal reversions are reserved only to Kyogre and Groudon but I really hope that isn't the case.

Have to disagree with you here. Giving such an exclusive thing to Groudon and Kyogre and then giving it to some common Pokémon kind of undermines the exclusivity of Primal Reversion...

Though, I could see it on Dialga.

Years
  • So the English translation of Ancient Devolution is better! Tbh, I prefer Primal Reversion than the Japanese one.

I looked closely at the primal reversions of Kyogre and Groudon and see that the indicator usually used by the Megas are different, with Kyogre having a blue alpha on it while Groudon having a red omega on it.

I don't know if this is an indicator that the primal reversions are reserved only to Kyogre and Groudon but I really hope that isn't the case.

Btw off topic but 1000th post :)

Yeah I saw those little icons in screenshots of Primal Groudon & Kyogre, and yeah it definitely shows they aren't your average Mega which normally have the usual Mega symbol instead. Also, when Kyogre and Groudon transform they have a unique animation that while it looks similar to the Mega transforming animation, it encases Kyogre and Groudon in a blue and red gem respectively before the Primal form emerges, as opposed to a rock for the usual Megas.

But yeah I do agree that these Primal Reversions should only be for Kyogre and Groudon.

Monte Blanc

The White Rabbit
    Years
  • Primal Reversion may be reserved for the pantheon of Legendary Pokemon:

Mew, Lugia, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina (Maybe), Regigigas, Arceus, Reshiram, Zekrom, Kyurem (Maybe), Xerneas, Yvetal, and Zygarde.

I call them a pantheon because they're basically the "big" Legendaries of the Pokemon world. Giratina and Kyurem may not end up receiving Primal Reversions due to their multiple forms already. However, the rest seem like likely candidates. This would also answer the question as to why Zygarde seems so...mild compared to Xerneas and Yvetal.

Years
  • The orbs kind of envelop Groudon and Kyogre with pure energy, speeding the devolution process up to immeasurable numbers, and activating their Primal forms. If the orbs have no pertinence to Primal Reversion, there could be a stone not currently released similar to Mega stones, only attainable once you've defeated Team Magma/Aqua.

Years
  • I think that the orbs being together is suppose to symbolize the unity of land, sea (and sky if they add the Jade orb into the third part of the shrine like thing on the top of Mt. Pyre).

I think that while something else will be involved rather than regular Mega stones the process will turn out to be quite similar, which will be why GF says there's a connection between Primal Reversion and Mega Evolution on the official site.

I agree with all of this. The Orbs remaining together could be symbolic, rather than a requirement for them to work as intended. And I think an item will probably be needed for Primal Reversion.

Now, I've already explained why I think the item required could be something other than the Orbs, but that's just one theory I have. I wanted some feedback on it before posting another one. What do you think about it? Did I miss something that might mean the Orbs are what will trigger it?

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • I agree with all of this. The Orbs remaining together could be symbolic, rather than a requirement for them to work as intended. And I think an item will probably be needed for Primal Reversion.

Now, I've already explained why I think the item required could be something other than the Orbs, but that's just one theory I have. I wanted some feedback on it before posting another one. What do you think about it? Did I miss something that might mean the Orbs are what will trigger it?

The orbs are what awakens them, so it's entirely possible that they could be used for Primal Reversion as well. But I think something other than the orbs will do it, in that they will be responsible for opening the way to said item that causes the reversion. Either that, or the orbs and that item will work hand-in-hand with each other to trigger it.

Another crazy theory I have is that they will be what causes it. Turning the orbs into hold items and giving it to Groudon and Kyogre. The Mega Bracelet would also resonate with those in some weird way that causes them to revert back to their primordial forms and awaken that old power, much like Mega Evolution, since the site says they're connected somehow.

Now, about their unrevealed abilities. I think, for Groudon, it will be some sort of ability that makes either his Fire-type moves or all of his moves use his attack stat, as Groudon doesn't really have that good a physical movepool besides Earthquake to use his beefy Attack stat, let alone give STAB. For Kyogre, I think it will be either the same thing, just for Sp. Atk, or something like Pixilate/Aerilate, turning normal-type moves or even all moves into Water-type moves.

Years
  • The orbs are what awakens them, so it's entirely possible that they could be used for Primal Reversion as well. But I think something other than the orbs will do it, in that they will be responsible for opening the way to said item that causes the reversion. Either that, or the orbs and that item will work hand-in-hand with each other to trigger it.

Another crazy theory I have is that they will be what causes it. Turning the orbs into hold items and giving it to Groudon and Kyogre. The Mega Bracelet would also resonate with those in some weird way that causes them to revert back to their primordial forms and awaken that old power, much like Mega Evolution, since the site says they're connected somehow.

I know the Orbs wake them, but I explained that the Orbs may have no use after that. What I asked was, is there anything in the games or the official site that contradicts any part of the theory I posted, anything I didn't see?

The alternatives I have in mind are actually pretty similar to your second theory (they involve the Orbs as held items), but before posting them, I want to see if I missed anything with this one.

Years
  • I know the Orbs wake them, but I explained that the Orbs may have no use after that. What I asked was, is there anything in the games or the official site that contradicts any part of the theory I posted, anything I didn't see?

The alternatives I have in mind are actually pretty similar to your second theory (they involve the Orbs as held items), but before posting them, I want to see if I missed anything with this one.

Nope, the official site doesn't destroy your theory.

I think that perhaps the orbs need to be absorbed rather than just them being exposed to them. The leader never handed the legend the orbs. The power of the orbs seem to corrupt (Anime and Manga) or can't be controled by those not strong enough (game). It could have something due to the Primal power sealed inside the orbs.
    The official site hints at them losing it somehow. Thus far we only know from RSE about the creation of the orbs assuring they'll stay asleep.

Years
  • I think it would make a lot of sense if they created an entirely new item. Primal Reversion has never been heard of prior to ORAS, and so they may only have found the items that activate it recently, while the orbs tap into Groudon and Kyogre's power over weather. That would be reasonable, I think. Interesting to see what they do with the orbs if they go that route, though.

DJTiki

top 3 most uninteresting microcelebrities
    Years
  • I had a theory that the orbs acted as another version of the mega stones. But the orbs activated Primal Reversion, rather than Mega Evolutions. In the gameplay screenshots in the CoroCoro leak, you see that the symbol next to their health bars are completely different. So its obviously, not another form similar to something you would see with Deoxys or the Creation trio. I for one, would absolutely love it for the orbs to be a new mega stone. In the end of the scuffle in Sootopolis city, Maxie and/or Archie, hand over the orbs. So maybe when you get he orbs back, you can go back to Groudon and Kyorge, and the events of Primal Reversion will begin.

As for abilities, they said that their abilities will be enhanced, so I'm just guessing an infinite Drought or an infinite Drizzle.

Years
  • Maybe it'll be Evaporation- weakens grass and water moves. Grass as plants need water to live, signaling the depth of the drought. And Condensation- Weakens fire, rock, and ground moves (an extra type weakens to make up for Kyogre not getting an additional type...and possibly not getting a double type signature if Groudon's signature move does Ground and Fire damage like I'm theorizing.)

DJTiki

Years
  • Maybe it'll be Evaporation- weakens grass and water moves. Grass as plants need water to live, signaling the depth of the drought. And Condensation- Weakens fire, rock, and ground moves (an extra type weakens to make up for Kyogre not getting an additional type...and possibly not getting a double type signature if Groudon's signature move does Ground and Fire damage like I'm theorizing.)

AND PRECIPITATION. Oh wait that's Drizzle

Years
  • Those abilities could also involve a weather boost like Drizzle and Drought. In a way they could be like fancy versions of the moves used to weaken certain types, only far more helpful.

Or maybe just Eternal Drizzle and Eternal Drought...may call them the Great Flood and the Great Plague (you know when the locusts ate everything in Egypt) to reference the bibical roots of the legendaries.

DJTiki

Years
  • Those abilities could also involve a weather boost like Drizzle and Drought. In a way they could be like fancy versions of the moves used to weaken certain types, only far more helpful.

Or maybe just Eternal Drizzle and Eternal Drought...may call them the Great Flood and the Great Plague (you know when the locusts ate everything in Egypt) to reference the bibical roots of the legendaries.

These abilities should either weaken some types, or just boost Fire and Water moves by more than what Drought and Drizzle does. Having both would be extremely overpowered.

Years
  • Or maybe just Eternal Drizzle and Eternal Drought...may call them the Great Flood and the Great Plague (you know when the locusts ate everything in Egypt) to reference the bibical roots of the legendaries.

Those names sound epic! o: I think it should become a thing with legendary Pokemon that you must defeat them before you can capture them. Like, you make it faint, and then later on in the game it reappears and at that point you can throw Poke-balls at it. To me, the original battle would feel more like a conquering of power than it would be simply throwing a master-ball first turn, kind of loses some of its relevance as an important part of the game. Kind of an odd point of view, I know, and probably one not many have. n__n;

Years
  • Those names sound epic! o: I think it should become a thing with legendary Pokemon that you must defeat them before you can capture them. Like, you make it faint, and then later on in the game it reappears and at that point you can throw Poke-balls at it. To me, the original battle would feel more like a conquering of power than it would be simply throwing a master-ball first turn, kind of loses some of its relevance as an important part of the game. Kind of an odd point of view, I know, and probably one not many have. n__n;

I've been hoping for something like that too. Mostly for the purposes of replaying the Emerald Story post main story as our mascot could return and battle against the other, forcing us to get Rayquaza. After that we'll be able to capture the three and get the Primal of our mascot.

You...now more so than before I'm thinking Rayquaza's Primal will require the other two to bet together. Maybe if we trade the other they'll escape temporary to recreate the Emerald scene. Imagine our character losing his/her control over his/her own Pokémon. It'll force us to go get Rayquaza to stop them. It'll also show that even a 10 year old by themselves can't control these two of these ancient beasts without their true master, Rayquaza.

Back