• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Leaders/E4 using Pokemon whose Megas change to a different type, yes or no?

• Yes

Votes: 25 75.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 24.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    This is why, if you remember me telling you- I never use other people's pokemon for anything more than breeding - then I release them. :P My boxes were cleared of Fokko/Jr's traded pokemon weeks ago before this was confirmed. Withholding my "I knew it"'s from what I was saying about his full team of electric pokemon he 'bred' a page or two ago, glad we at least caught this before we launched a league with a member using a full team of hacked pokemon. And I VM'd you about it, but if you do need a LEGITIMATE pawniard to use for breeding as a starting point, I have one with Defiant and sucker punch and stuff. Let me know if you want to test that team too, because I just finished one or two teams for my gym, and have yet to try them out. ^^
    If you want to mark the Shiny in your Dex, I can trade it to you to eliminate for the one you have. Let me check the moves on the hacked one. I was going to breed an Egg from it.

As for using others' Pokémon; well, you have to assume what you're getting is legitimate. If you find out later it's a hack and it's something traded to you, it clears you to provide the info on where it came from and track down the culprit. If you continue knowingly use something hacked, then you have a problem yourself. So if we had opened, say, this weekend and I used the Shiny Pawniard, I would have been fine provided I dealt with it now. If you don't know it's hacked, you aren't doing anything wrong. And even so, we can breed a 31/31/31/xx/31/31 legitimately anyway, with the same moves, so it wouldn't have affected Gym results either (just the look of what was used, being Shiny).

I just PM'd Tetra, hopefully he's still interested. I think the next best leader record was blueboi though? He is back from vacation I think - I saw him on Skype last night. I'll try and get a hold of him.
    Per Zekrom's list back there, I was listed as 1-2 above a pair at at 1-3. I was one spot under Fokko at 7th (I was 8th).

EDIT: One more thing. Fokko has Grass as a primary type and Fire as a secondary type. We need to give the option to other fair-playing participants to have a chance at those types now. Blueboi for sure has a choice of Fire, too, if desired.

Last edited:

Polar Spectrum

I'm still here; watching. Waiting.
    Years
    Umm, well holdup. We're not in IMMEDIATE need of that spot being filled today (not even live in beta yet) - why don't you just play him in a quick match for the spot? And if he's not here to accept your challenge in like a day or two, you just take it?

And yes - you're right, we should replace Fokko's types in the available types chart, so anyone joining us anew has the option to pick them up. Anybody got a copy-pasta of those remaining primary and secondary types? :U

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Umm, well holdup. We're not in IMMEDIATE need of that spot being filled today (not even live in beta yet) - why don't you just play him in a quick match for the spot? And if he's not here to accept your challenge in like a day or two, you just take it?

And yes - you're right, we should replace Fokko's types in the available types chart, so anyone joining us anew has the option to pick them up. Anybody got a copy-pasta of those remaining primary and secondary types? :U
    You realize there are three people; I have 1-2, and two have 1-3. We can't have a three-way battle. If Fokko wasn't there, I would have already had the E4 post and nothing would have been affected.

And I don't even have my other team assembled now, nor is my Dark team ready. That would have to happen FAR down the road if you insist on that or I'm literally using a scrap team.

Also, I was suggesting that ANYONE WHO COULD NOT CHOOSE GRASS in Round 1 have the option now, and ANYONE WHO COULD NOT CHOOSE FIRE in Round 2 have the option now.

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Just use the team you used during prelims against blueboi, another competition for that final spot seems fun
    You missed something there. There are three people. Two are 1-3. I'm 1-2.

Unless...is the third someone who has become less active?

Years
    I hope i'm not overstepping my bounds here but is it alright if i can test potential applicants for an e4 spot? I want to ensure the position is filled by a quality player and not just because someone is really persistent about it

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I hope i'm not overstepping my bounds here but is it alright if i can test potential applicants for an e4 spot? I want to ensure the position is filled by a quality player and not just because someone is really persistent about it

By all means, please do :v

And hold on a second, Cyclone - I went back and checked the battle results comp, who was your victory over? :x Sorry if I neglected to document it, but I don't see who you played against for the win -

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    To be honest, you were always kind of Quartzy to me.
    Prism League Discussion (Previously "Our own Pokemon X/Y League")

Call me the god of Quartz.

I'm still working on my team. My temp team. Wait, no traded Pokemon? Let me check something... *Check's my team* Well, I'll have to replace a bit of my team I wasted time on. Crap. I'll be a while, guys.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I'm still working on my team. My temp team. Wait, no traded Pokemon? Let me check something... *Check's my team* Well, I'll have to replace a bit of my team I wasted time on. Crap. I'll be a while, guys.
    Eh, what're you talkin' about?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    By all means, please do :v

And hold on a second, Cyclone - I went back and checked the battle results comp, who was your victory over? :x Sorry if I neglected to document it, but I don't see who you played against for the win -
    Zekrom counted the one against you as I thought we were doing that one officially.

Wait, no traded Pokémon now? Someone within our group bred a Togepi I was waiting on and have yet to receive (apparently a 6IV), so I didn't breed one myself because of that. That would add that to my growing re-do project list.

Also, I've done my own research on the Shiny Pawniard and concluded that it IS legitimate (but I will one day be replacing it once I have the Charm, a very early project), so I would still like to use it. Polar, if you need info on that, I can provide it. I've been communicating with Lilith to determine if there's any other way to identify it as a hack, and I do not think there is. The ID matches every other Pokémon he's traded me, and the hack involves changing his Trainer ID every time, from what I understand. Therefore, it's legit. I could easily breed an identical non-Shiny one, but that would put me even further behind, and I don't want to delay things starting even longer. Also, I plan to eventually make my entire team Shiny.

I recognize that was a jab at me, and Polar is questioning to me about the "win" on my standings (which I've explained before that Zekrom counted that as a win in my last match against Polar, which I had thought was official). I was simply referring to what would have happened if Fokko had not been here; would I have been there, or would we have battled for it in the first place? I had been sitting here all day waiting to battle people on the Thursday and no one appeared, so there's also an "activity" factor to consider in choosing someone, not just battle skills. It goes with what I said before: we seem to be making up the rules as we go. If you want to test my team before I get the elite role, I can do that once I have my team fully together (my prelims team was a scratch team including some trades), but I can't do that yet as I'm not done. And I won't truly know my skill with the team until I have it put together fully and battle with it a few times, too. I also seem to keep hitting hurdles just getting my team together (Mega Mawile being suspected by Smogon, screwed up my Azumarill breeding and have a 6IV missing a needed move, and now concerns over a Shiny Pawniard; I'm starting to wonder if the 6IV Absol I hatched will be banned next as a Mega).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Oh, I guess I should clarify a couple of things here.

Regarding Cyclone's battle record: I did not know where his win came from when I was making the list for placements and the type draft. I noticed that he had no records at all on the page I was basing things off of, and when I asked what his record was, he said it was 1W-2L, so that's what I went with.

Regarding traded Pokemon: I think y'all are misinterpreting what Polar said. All he was saying was that he has a personal preference for using Pokemon he's bred himself, and not that we aren't allowed to use Pokemon we got in trades.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    Eh, what're you talkin' about?
    My Jolteon was a Mon I got in a Wonder Trade as an Eevee a while ago. I evolved it with a Thunder Stone, as to easily add something to my Pokedex. When I realised I didn't have a Psychic/Electric team, it was one I saw in my box, and just decided it was good. In fact, it's better then I thought! Now that we can't use Traded Mons in the League, it's a nope.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Regarding traded Pokemon: I think y'all are misinterpreting what Polar said. All he was saying was that he has a personal preference for using Pokemon he's bred himself, and not that we aren't allowed to use Pokemon we got in trades.
    I went by what AdamEternal had said. I didn't think I'd seen Polar say anything about it...

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I went by what AdamEternal had said. I didn't think I'd seen Polar say anything about it...
    Er, well, my point still stands. Pokemon received in trades are not banned from use.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Er, well, my point still stands. Pokemon received in trades are not banned from use.
    Whew. I'll wait for that Togepi, then. Meanwhile, I'll breed myself a Mawile after I finish training this Azumarill. Trying to decide on the fourth move; I have Aqua Jet, Aqua Tail, Aqua Ring, Superpower, and Play Rough all earmarked, with Aqua Tail being possible if I use it in a Trick Room arrangement (with Malamar, which I also have to breed now that the idea comes to mind).

Maybe the 6IV can be used to test it out in a 3-on-3 once I have a Malamar ready (it doesn't know Aqua Jet).

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years

Ok... LETS...umm.. JUST SAY....

That i bred all my pokes, which i kinda did except my Pierce (Bisharp) that you get in-game (hopefully i can use it!)... all bred i can use, no prob.

But theres some people that trade pokes and have a full team set all maxed on stats.

I dont have a problem using traded pokes, i just preffer breeding mine since idk if they're hacked or not.

My absol is fully EV trained with a beast attack...

Splash!!

Lol jk, its taunt :P and sucker punch (:<

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Just to let everyone know, I haven't lost interest or anything. Just kinda been busy for the past few days! Really sorry. Anyway, is there any real confirmation on what typing I'll be getting? I ask because I'll be making my team in-game very soon :]

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
    Just to let everyone know, I haven't lost interest or anything. Just kinda been busy for the past few days! Really sorry. Anyway, is there any real confirmation on what typing I'll be getting? I ask because I'll be making my team in-game very soon :]

Welcome aboard (again)!!!!! Hehe... yeah my wife and I just moved out of my parents yesterday so been kinda busy myself xD. About your team, wait till zekrom or Polar let you know, i think you got fire/electric among other choices, not quite aure hehe.

Either way, awesome to have an addition to the league!

Polar Spectrum

Years
    I leave for like 2 hours and all this happens yeesh

1. About the traded Pokemon- I was only talking about the recent discovery that Fokko/Jr hacked Pokemon in his game. Traded Pokemon and stuff are fine, just not hacked ones obviously.

2. Cyclone, I think we talked about this before lol. We did have a conversation via VM's about testing out your team beforehand, and I recall a mutual agreement after your loss on the first one we would do a second. To which I brought a team mostly non- competitive Pokemon. But- regardless of either of those battles outcomes or terms, we never played a doubles match -which I'm pretty sure is common knowledge by now, is the game type I play competitively. So even if that were a decisive win on the one match we had, you and I still need to do a doubles for that to count as a victory over me to qualify for a higher placement. And really I'm totally fine to finish that matchup even tonight if you want hahah.

3. Tetra - there is a number of types that you cam actually choose from for your primary and secondary gym types- adding Fokkos to that list since he's out now. I can't copy paste it now, because posting from a mobile phone is very tedious. But I'm sure someone else can tonight :v or when I do get home in about 30 minutes I will.

AdamEternal

Vanished, poof, gone!
    Years
    Oooooh... Thank Arceus!

1. About the traded Pokemon- I was only talking about the recent discovery that Fokko/Jr hacked Pokemon in his game. Traded Pokemon and stuff are fine, just not hacked ones obviously.
    Wait- So Fokko DOES Hack his Pokemon after all?! I called it earlier!

(EDIT) This is going to be fitting soon. XD

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back