• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sports Pro Wrestling

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...yments-former-wrestler-contractor-coerced-sex

You know... if Vince actually thought this would just 'blow over' and 'go away' and not get worse... that's extremely laughable.

But Vince is the Trump of WWE. He'll continue to be there until he's literally thrown out. Does something need to be done at this point? OF COURSE. It's just not going to happen until he's literally thrown out. By force.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    I enjoyed both Forbidden Door and Money in the Bank, it was nice to see back to back PPVs that actually delivered overall. I worry about Liv's title reign, given how things went down for last year's Miss MITB. It was such a waste. Either she'll have a short run or have the title a little longer but creative fails her like what happened to Big E last year. I'm expecting Charlotte to insert herself into the Summerslam rematch and make it a Triple Threat. As for Theory I'm leaning towards him failing his cash-in, even though creative has been behind him for months now.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...yments-former-wrestler-contractor-coerced-sex

You know... if Vince actually thought this would just 'blow over' and 'go away' and not get worse... that's extremely laughable.

But Vince is the Trump of WWE. He'll continue to be there until he's literally thrown out. Does something need to be done at this point? OF COURSE. It's just not going to happen until he's literally thrown out. By force.

He must've been thinking that way with those TV appearances he made, it was beyond stupid. I don't know if it will come to him being forced out, he comes off like he will only truly leave on his own terms.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    He must've been thinking that way with those TV appearances he made, it was beyond stupid. I don't know if it will come to him being forced out, he comes off like he will only truly leave on his own terms.

There's another report stating that after his June 17th SmackDown 'pointless' appearance (that was literally done because of the first report that came out) that when he went back to the gorilla position... he literally shouted 'F EM' (except with the full f bomb word) as a response to what forced him to make a TV appearance in the first place and some also took it as him stating that he's not going anywhere.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    According to many stories, Vince is notorious for wanting to feel control of every situation.

Making appearances instead of hiding in the back is probably his way of feeling empowered.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    There's another report stating that after his June 17th SmackDown 'pointless' appearance (that was literally done because of the first report that came out) that when he went back to the gorilla position... he literally shouted 'F EM' (except with the full f bomb word) as a response to what forced him to make a TV appearance in the first place and some also took it as him stating that he's not going anywhere.

He's still leading creative despite what has coming out at this point, that's as good as saying he's not going anywhere. We might not see him on TV but behind the scenes it's business as usual and I wonder how the talent are taking all of this.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    According to many stories, Vince is notorious for wanting to feel control of every situation.

Making appearances instead of hiding in the back is probably his way of feeling empowered.

He's a stubborn old man for sure, there was no need for him to make those appearances because it did not make him look any good. Even the people in the crowd who cheering for him or bowing or singing along to the entrance song, they also came off like fools on live television.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    BTW... you can pretty much pencil in Sasha Banks and Naomi debuting together on AEW at some point in the future.

They are reportedly off internal WWE roster sheets.

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    BTW... you can pretty much pencil in Sasha Banks and Naomi debuting together on AEW at some point in the future.

They are reportedly off internal WWE roster sheets.

Sasha seems like the one with a higher chance of debuting there than Naomi, there hasn't been much news about Naomi so far and given that her husband is still in WWE as a major talent I would be really shocked if she completely jumps ship. For the time being it looks like Sasha will be busy with other appearances that aren't wrestling related. Come January next year though, well...

I saw that GYV are still with WWE and are now repackaged as Joe Gacy's followers on NXT 2.0. For a while I stuck with NXT 2.0 and hoped for the best but I've given up on it. Even NXT UK is getting shafted, with their Tag Team titles currently being held by a team from 2.0 😔 when there are a number of good team who were already there to be new champions while one of the former champs is healing up. It's a slap in the face.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Sasha seems like the one with a higher chance of debuting there than Naomi, there hasn't been much news about Naomi so far and given that her husband is still in WWE as a major talent I would be really shocked if she completely jumps ship. For the time being it looks like Sasha will be busy with other appearances that aren't wrestling related. Come January next year though, well...

I saw that GYV are still with WWE and are now repackaged as Joe Gacy's followers on NXT 2.0. For a while I stuck with NXT 2.0 and hoped for the best but I've given up on it. Even NXT UK is getting shafted, with their Tag Team titles currently being held by a team from 2.0 😔 when there are a number of good team who were already there to be new champions while one of the former champs is healing up. It's a slap in the face.

At the end of the day... only time will really tell. But I legit wouldn't be surprised if both Sasha and Naomi debuted together on AEW.

Also... I don't blame you about NXT. I never used to watch it. Even when Triple H was in charge. Though I did view it at times when AEW was doing stuff I didn't care about (back when it was on Wednesdays). Now I don't watch it at all period. Because Triple H isn't in charge anymore and he still isn't even after the supposed meeting he had at NXT to state that 'he's back'. Especially after everything I've heard about how god awful it is now.

Also... looks like USA Network are going back and forth with the report on RAW going back to TV-14. This won't change anything either with Vince still in charge. But I imagine Cody Rhodes is drooling over the prospect of bleeding all over a WWE ring. 😑

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    This is all I have to say about the Vince McMahon retirement:

I'm not going to hold my breath. Absolutely nothing will change unless all of his 'yes men' who are still in positions of power (most importantly Bruce Pritchard, Ed Kosky, and Kevin Dunn) are removed as well.

The ones I mentioned are the most important. But he has a shit ton of cronies and lackeys in the company. Until absolutely every last one of them is gone... I'm not holding my breath on 'real change'

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Sorry for posting again so soon but it's ABSOLUTELY IMPORTANT

https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/2...n-nick-khan-confirmed-co-ceo-vince-retirement

I don't know what to say. I really don't.

I'm utterly speechless for the first time.

But I...

His yes men are still there. I... don't want to assume anything. Until all of Vince's yes men cronies, lackeys and stooges are gone.

But it's... interesting.

defo watching Raw tonight (change won't be tonight but it'll still be interesting to see. I've also been watching it anyway so it's no different but still)

I don't know. I really don't.

I... don't want to hold my breath or make assumptions.

Years
    Yeah like Vince is still 100% going to be pulling all the strings until he actually dies, he ain't gunna just up and let go of something like that, if anything it's more cushty for him now because he can do all of that and not take the fall for it, as someone else is named at that spot.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    Kevin Dunn is reportedly on his way out due to him not being a Stephanie or Triple H guy.

Good start. More work needs to be done and more lackeys, stooges, cronies, and yes men need to be ousted.

Change won't be immediate anyway (if at all of course). We are looking at a 6 month wait (likely longer. I would even say probably a year or longer wait) before real change (again if any) is actually noticeable

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I hope Ciampa ends up on his own.

This pairing with Miz is so odd and unfitting.

The Mega Champion

Strategist
    Years
    I'm not saying this is going to happen... (clearly...) but I decided to look a certain thing up last night.

Raw in is Cleveland Ohio this Monday. What former 'Triple H' guy is from this location?

Spoiler:

Obviously it might be too soon. Maybe they want him back in NXT for a bit. Personally he should go straight to the main roster for another 'statement' IMO but obviously that's subjective. But the Kross situation happened really fast and much sooner than expected too.

I'm not making any assumptions. The exact opposite in fact. My expectation is that it ain't happening... yet.

I'm just putting that possibility out there is all.

I'd pop huge though tbh

Allen Ceedos

The Old School PokeFan
    Years
    Kross, Dexter Lumis and now Hit Row (minus Swerve). Is this going to be a weekly thing for the time being, where people who were released are going to be brought back each week and this builds to the one big return of a major star or stars? Sasha & Naomi, Bray Wyatt, Johnny Gargano, etc? That would be fun to watch, just to see how long the surprises can continue to happen and also to see how AEW might react to them perhaps.

It had been some time since I watched a full episode of the main roster shows, but once the new creative era started I decided to give the shows a try. It was great to see matches which actually mattered and were leading to stuff going on in the next episode and to see the US and IC titles get some shine back to them and be treated like valuable championships that are worth fighting for. Will NXT and maybe NXT UK also start to show signs of the new creative? I would hope so and then I can tell Mega Champion that I'm back on board 😄

By the way, will Liv Morgan have to turn heel soon? Because after that Summerslam finish the crowds are not all fully behind her now and rightfully so, that finish did not make her look good at all.

Back