• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Problems?

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Nobody called them ReBl, GoSi, RuSa, DiPe or BlWh because none of them meant anything on their own.

SuMo is like Sumo, a fighting style. At least that's why I think people have become attached to the name.

So I don't think it's really fair to compare them.
    But ReBl sounds like Rebel! That's pretty cool, if I do say so myself.

And from what we know, these games have nothing to do with sumo. I just prefer the consistency!
    I guess it's because people think SM sounds inappropriate.

That didn't stop anyone in gen 4...

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    I'm worried that the game is gonna hold my hand again like in OR/AS. I want to be able to explore the region myself and figure out where to go next without my friend/rival offering to take me there.

Yeah, I'm worried SM's hand-holding will be even worse, and that there's not going to be any semblance of a difficulty. Gen IV's difficulty was perfect - compare Cyrus' party with Lysandre's. Cyrus has a team of 5 with full movesets, whereas only 2 (Honchkrow and Gyarados) out of Lysandre's 4 Pokémon have all 4 moves.

I feel like "Hard Mode" wouldn't even be an overly difficult thing to add, just add 15 levels to all opponents Pokemon, hell even just your rival and gyms/E4 to make them a challenge. Would make it a bit more fun. But either way, I'm gonna play both Sun and Moon, and probably wont complain, then by and play the next games, and repeat

Not just levels, but adding one more Pokémon on trainers' parties as well as giving them items and better movesets would be ideal.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Nothing right now. There are some things being speculated about fusion between humans and pokemon. If it stays like Ash Greninja, then I am fine, but if it becomes a complete change like digimon, then I am possibly done with pokemon.

I don't care about hand holding or anything. You can already look up everything online. And we can always explore after the main storyline.

And if there is less that 100 new pokemon, I will be extremely annoyed.

Years
  • I guess this isn't a problem with SM in particular but with the way the series is going. As everyone is rightly saying, the games are way too easy at the moment, gone are the days where we would have to spend ages grinding in order to match some Gym leaders and the Elite Four. The games used to be full of more adventure, where we would have to go off on our own and explore in order to progress, rather than be walked on a metaphorical path by characters in the newer games. You could say that Pokemon is aiming for a new generation and at kids, but realistically Pokemon has always been aimed at children and we were kids once and had to deal with the challenging nature of the older games, in my opinion that just added to the fun of Pokemon.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2017
    If trainer customization is going to be very limited, we'll have a problem. At least give us the option to change our clothes, and give us plenty of those.

Years
  • If there's any issues I have with what's been revealed so far, I really don't like the protagonist designs. I mean, as usual I'll pick the girl, but she looks kinda tacky if I'm being entirely honest.

Other than that, nothing huge as of yet.
    If this post was meant in response to mine, then my intention wasn't to take issue with yours, but more to just agree on the 'easy question' being phrased in a slightly unclear way.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    Maybe it's me but it still looks like a Gen 6 game.

Glad that the battle screen is slightly different but I hope there's more to come.

GiovanniViridian

A World Of Pain!
    Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2023
    It appears non-7th Gen Pokemon are retaining their 6th Gen models, as shown with Salamence and Gengar's appearance in the new trailer.
    Not to mention the graphics still look like something that seem from a 6th gen game too. For me I can see the difference in each gen from Gens 1 to 6, but I don't really see much difference between Gen 6 and Gen 7 in terms of graphics.

But perhaps the footage shown is work in progress so I await for more differences.

Years
    • SC
    • Seen Sep 4, 2017
    Cosmetic issues: Hoping and praying they allow us to take that beanie looking hat off of the female character, and at least allow us to replace it with a regular hat.

My only other issue at this point would be difficulty. There hasn't been any info on this yet, but I really hope that since this is the 20th anniversary, they tend to their teen/adult fanbase and give us an option that would make the game more challenging. Add a few levels, give the trainers/rivals/gym leaders/etc better AI, and give opponent's Pokemon better movesets. But since there hasn't been any information on this, it isn't really a problem yet.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    spoiler'd for bigness
    Spoiler:

A garbage that I threw together, but it accurately reflects my fear that our new, talking, goofy side-kick is going to give us a bunch of unskippable hints and tutorials.
    While some games only hold our hands figuratively, Rotom Dex will do it literally.

"Hey, my battery is getting low! Plug me into a charger!"
    "Hey, you should check out the next town's Gym!"
    "Hey, why don't you put me down for a bit and go play outside!"
    "Hey, aren't we supposed to be visiting the Professor right now?"
    "Hey, want a refresher on how to catch Pokémon?"

Maybe it won't be that bad. Maybe it won't be bad at all. Maybe a cutesy sidekick character won't be annoying at all.

But it's my fear that it will be.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Alright, I have a problem with Lillie.

She's "mysterious" and "will play an important role in the story"...okay? So what are you implying? Are you implying that the other characters, like Hau, are not important? I don't want to think that the character who takes one of the starters(!) for himself isn't important to the story! Alternatively, is the story going to be so base that they're going to spoon-feed the player all the information? This isn't a problem so much with revealing information before the game is available, but rather that if this "mysterious"(!) girl is so important, why would you need to hint at that in her character bio over any other character (such as your supposed rival-friend)? I don't want the story of this game to flat-out tell the player every little thing, like the player isn't capable of thinking on their own; a little subtlety goes a long way and I fear what's in store based on this.

spoiler'd for bigness
    Spoiler:

A garbage that I threw together, but it accurately reflects my fear that our new, talking, goofy side-kick is going to give us a bunch of unskippable hints and tutorials.
    While some games only hold our hands figuratively, Rotom Dex will do it literally.

"Hey, my battery is getting low! Plug me into a charger!"
    "Hey, you should check out the next town's Gym!"
    "Hey, why don't you put me down for a bit and go play outside!"
    "Hey, aren't we supposed to be visiting the Professor right now?"
    "Hey, want a refresher on how to catch Pokémon?"

Maybe it won't be that bad. Maybe it won't be bad at all. Maybe a cutesy sidekick character won't be annoying at all.

But it's my fear that it will be.
    I was thinking this exact thing, too. I can just imagine walking into the palace of the Elite Four with this little thing trying to get my attention: "Hey! Listen! Did you know Fire-Types are weak to Water-Types?!"

I mean, reminding the player when the system battery is low I think is fine; sometimes you're so engrossed in your game it's easy to lose track. But I don't need to be reminded to go to the Elite Four when I know I have eight badges... And I can't imagine this game is going to be so open-world-esque that the player will get lost or not know to move to the next town linearly...unless the game is really non-linear, but I'm not getting any hopes up.

And I really liked Rotom, too...

Years
  • Eh, in all likelihood, while usually people would be alright with reading a device without it having to talk to them or wave its arms about wildly, it would be for something innocuous, as for instance if you wished for guidance on the canonicity of certain elements found in the game situation. Hence, a positive vision of Rotom-Dex would instead look something like this:

"Magnemite is canon my b****."
    "Hey, this gym is not canon! This must be post-game content!"
    "Hey, pretend that blonde girl is like super-important even though she's totally not canonically!"
    "Hey, usually John Paul II would be the bad guy but that took place in an alternate canonicity instead!"
    "That Dragonite just used Hyper Beam on me! That's it, that Dragonite is no longer canon! I shall instead invent Mega Stones!"

The power of positive thinking is the power that truly keeps Rotom-Dex going.

Other than that, hopefully they don't get too lax about any new modes of evolution, although given the schedule it's quite possible they will. Modifications of Mega-Evolution might occur, but at the same time if things are focussed too much on temporary evolutions rather than the usual kind, this might be problematic and detract from both forms of evolution. In general, the evolution of this thread would be a good model for any aspiring new forms of evolution for the series.

Years
  • Some have already mentioned what I am thinking. The hand holding. That is my only problem at this time. It may have too much, which is what they probably will do. It's obvious from X/Y and OR/AS they are trying to bring in new fans/players especially at a younger age.

Years
    • Seen Jul 15, 2021
    I mean, reminding the player when the system battery is low I think is fine; sometimes you're so engrossed in your game it's easy to lose track.

True, that's a fair point.
    I did, however, find it very annoying that XY/ORAS would tell me that my battery was low when my 3ds was plugged in.

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    True, that's a fair point.
    I did, however, find it very annoying that XY/ORAS would tell me that my battery was low when my 3ds was plugged in.

Oh, yes, that I didn't like. There are ways for the program to know if the system is plugged in, I'm sure... If not, let there be a way to dismiss the message for the time being, at least.

Mawa

The typo Queen
    Years
  • I'm not a fan of the Hawaii theme, but I hope it grows on me.

The Bellossom as your avatar say the contrary. ^_^

I don't really like the female's hat, I wish we can buy clothes and personalize our character, but this is not only because of the hat.
    And if the hat stays, oh well funny, a new meme.

The only thing I don'T really like is that it does look like Hoenn for now... We just had ORAS, so I would like something different.

Back