• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
  • Umm, how about a suggestion? This is my Pokemon, and it's in GSC style, if someone wants to revamp it/repose it it's fine with me.

It's based off a Manakin Bird.
    MakamaniGSC.png

It's name is Makimani.

Good sprite expect those white patches don't look natural and it isn't faced in the right direction. Everything else is fine!

Years
  • 34xeusw.png

Update on the parrot fish. Added some texture and I tried for more derpy dumb fish eyes and 'solidity' like Samson suggested.

karakaae.png
    i think someone could work on this and make it better?
    I think I remember someone trying an umbrella monster before. Was not that decided yet?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Wow, Scarf, that looks great! I like the scales, and the mouth area looks more rocky than melty now. :D

Because it's not really clear with such a simple sprite, the idea behind my example in the post above is that the umbrella looks like it has an eye and teeth, but they're just designs to scare other creatures; the real face is on the rounded part below. That was a long sentence. I think in discussing it with... someone, we came to conclusion that the 'foot or whatever', the umbrella's handle, should be a tongue. Whoever-it-was then suggested that a better design might have the wide end of the cone facing forward, with that part of the umbrella being a mouth, and the 'handle' being a tongue coming out of the mouth. Worst example ever time? Yes it is.

2hd4aro.png

It has two eyes because I don't know how to make a single eye look angry. A V? It looks like a broken and deranged squid...

I really don't know what the design should be, that's up to you guys. I think it shouldn't just be any old karakasa though, since it's supposed to be a Pokemon.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Umbra.png

Thought I'd have a whack at finishing the Umbra sprite. How's this?

edit argh. so does this mean this sprite is invalid @ chesu?

Last edited:

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • 14wdtg2.png

Name: Wimpike
    Class: River Fish Pokemon
    Type: Water
    PokeDex: Wimpike wildly thrashes its long body to get away from other creatures in the
    water. This has the unfortunate side effect of drawing the attention of everything in the area.
    Description: A droopy, pathetic-looking pike.
    Concept/Sprite: Chesu/Nimblethumbs

Decided to revamp this, i dont know why but i get a feeling that its missing something...
    pipipi.png

Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2013
    It looks like a piece of **** with fins. Seriously, that is a really unattractive palette choice, and is also completely single-colour, unusual and very boring for a Pokémon.

Humm96

Fly little Mockingjay!
    Years
  • its supposed to :) its description says ' a droopy pathetic looking pike' and nothings more pathetic then poop :) i guess we could change it into a Magikarp/Gyarados type fish :)

Chesu

Boss Carrot
    Years
  • Umbra.png

Thought I'd have a whack at finishing the Umbra sprite. How's this?

edit argh. so does this mean this sprite is invalid @ chesu?

Nah, though that was never meant to be a base sprite in the first place, just a hastily-thrown-together example. The undeviating cone shape too smooth to look like a real umbrella. It's no more or less suitable than any of the other "temporary" sprites we have on hand, though.

ruup20

Gonna splash everybody!
    Years
  • Name: Fiodile
    Etymology: I looks like a fish and a crocodile :)
    Species: A fish and a crocodile
    Class: The camouflage fish pokemon.
    Type/s: Water and Rock
    Pokédex Entry: A pokemon that hide itself with his good camouflage and catch helpless Magikarps.
    Ability/ies: Heatproof/Inner Focus

Last edited:
    Years
  • Those bubbles would make no sense if it were sent out in a non-water scene. They don't really add anything either, or look like proper bubbles. That orange colour is just bad. Change it, maybe to something like Lopunny's brown colour?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back