• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen QR Code pokemon hack thoughts

Drayton

Chilled Dude of The Elite Four
Years
    • He/They/Them
    • Seen Feb 21, 2024
    Pretty much this exploit thingy just let you clone your pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Pretty much this exploit thingy just let you clone your pokemon.

It doesn't; it adds in a new Pokemon to the very first slot of the very first PC box. If you clear your 3DS browser history and cookies and leave the very first slot in the PC open. You open the QR scanner, scan the code, then it crashes. Later, the Pokemon will be in the PC.

Years
  • Wow! This is pretty awesome! Might just get one for my team to counter things that look hax, like Dancie. Mega Evolved, that things defenses are insane.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Saw this on Ign and actually tried it out and it works , I'm pretty sure everybody knows about it by now and nintendo will probably patch it soon so what are your thoughts about the Glitch pretty much

This is what I'm talking about if you haven't seen it

https://m.ign.com/wikis/pokemon-omega-ruby-alpha-sapphire/How_To_Catch_Pokemon_Using_QR_Codes

This is actually a web browser exploit that has been around for a while. in fact there are more programs to do this and are way more convenient as they allow for whole box import and export and even save editing.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
  • I only like it because there's one code that lets you mass-clone whatever's in Box 1 Slot One, and I don't have to take my game out of my stem or anything. Yay. DITTOS FOR EVERYONE.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • I've been helping out a few people with hitting up some requests on reddit which is pretty fun and I'm using it to fill up the missing pokemon on my dex.

Just highlighting these points from the article, because people just miss these out :
    - Using this method will not add the Pokemon to your Pokedex. The easiest way to do fix this is to deposit and withdraw the Pokemon from the Pokemon Bank (or you can trade between friends I think).
    - This does not work with the New 3DS or New 3DS XL

Also apparently some people have had game saves go corrupt (and apparently corrupt their 3DSs - but no real source or proof for that so I can't really justify it yet).
    Wondering if anyone knows more bout this whole method killing you saves? (Then again I wasn't sure if any other way to hack pokemon games have that risk as well - don't hack much so was wondering.)

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Wow there's a way I can clone without having Poversaves?? I will have to check this out, sounds interesting.

Yeah, I've tried the cloning one, and I find it very useful. ^^ I think that the clone QR's the only thing I'll be using for now though. I tried the Hoopa one, but I couldn't find a non-shiny one, so I deleted the little bugger. Aw well~

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2016
    This comes out just as I get used to PKHex, I'll probably stick to that honestly

jfuze174

Elite Trainer Joey
    Years
  • I've been helping out a few people with hitting up some requests on reddit which is pretty fun and I'm using it to fill up the missing pokemon on my dex.

Just highlighting these points from the article, because people just miss these out :

Also apparently some people have had game saves go corrupt (and apparently corrupt their 3DSs - but no real source or proof for that so I can't really justify it yet).
    Wondering if anyone knows more bout this whole method killing you saves? (Then again I wasn't sure if any other way to hack pokemon games have that risk as well - don't hack much so was wondering.)

From What Ive read The only way it can corrupt your save if You add a poke in XY with a Moves or megastones that are not coded in the game but thats only on Xy idk about ORas

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    From What Ive read The only way it can corrupt your save if You add a poke in XY with a Moves or megastones that are not coded in the game but thats only on Xy idk about ORas
    well for the items i think the game doesn't read it but for the moves the game loads them as a blank those corruptions were of bad edits

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'm currently exploiting it by giving myself some breeding Dittos (there's a thread filled with QR codes on reddit actually). Probably not going to use it for anything else aside from giving myself Dittos though haha.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
    Years
  • From What Ive read The only way it can corrupt your save if You add a poke in XY with a Moves or megastones that are not coded in the game but thats only on Xy idk about ORas

Ah thank you! What I needed. So no sleeper virus? Someone's been preaching this on facebook, but it's honestly sounding like a load of BS without the proof. So been looking for more things on what causes it to crash than just that.

Also daamn, never noticed how pretty shiny Xerneas was.

QR Code pokemon hack thoughts

Been hitting up on the item x 999 codes lately and crafting a few more requests and what not.
    Shiny charm QR code has been released, but I don't think I'll get it till I'll legit get it after my pokedex is complete.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I was thinking about the pokémon QR codes on facebook, but nop lol
    Well, that looks very useful to have some pokémon with you can't take it (Events, blocked, etc)
    But it can corrupt your game? :P

TCB

Tranquilo.
    Years
  • I've been using it mainly to weed out any missing GTS Pokemon I don't have. It's been very helpful and finally completing my Hoenn Pokedex. Thank you cloning QR code.

Other than that, I've been having fun with using these codes for certain Pokemon I lost (event/legendaries) and for the most part everything's been going well.

If you have noticed you used this method to get a Pokemon you haven't seen and/or caught but it hasn't registered in your Pokedex, just put them in the Day Care and take them back it out. It should do the trick.

From what I've seen it will only corrupt your game if: 1) You somehow messed up on the process, 2) Used a code that's only compatible with a certain game and not for others (ORAS-only for example) and 3) the person who made the codes didn't know what they were really doing and messed up.

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Ilike this method, It's fun and helpful! I now have ashiny hoopa just cause, lol.

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    It's a pretty great method. It's making my PowerSave pretty useless at this point. Definitely helps speed up the process, and now I can get version exclusives that are as legitimate as possible.

Back