• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quaxly Appreciation Thread

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    This is where we can come together and give some love to the ADORABLE new duckling starter: Quaxly!!

water.png

Personally, I love how it looks like it's wearing a tiny hat. :')

Years
  • He is cute and really, really reminds me of Mario/Luigi or something. Maybe a combination of that and Donald Duck? I'm super curious to see what it'll evolve into. ;o;

Years
  • He's soooo cute. Like, one of my fav water starters for now. I hope it's going to get some out of the box evolution tho. I like water/flying type, but then it's too hard to handle electric types.

Years
  • The W like thing on the 'hat' kinda looks like two closed eyes to me.
    So I'm now seeing a Gulpin-like/shaped creature biting down on the poor duck's head rofl

Mon looks good though ^.^

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • i would die for quaxly. do u think he'll evolve into like a pirate duck judging by the hat giving me that kinda vibe

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I also love how sassy its pose is! With the one hand (wing?) out and on an angle and the other on its hip. It just gives me such sassy vibes and I live for it!

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • So... I wasn't really a fan of this, but my friend pointed something out. And if it is true, I might like this pokemon more.

This pokemon could be inspired by a matador. The pose makes a lot of sense. They are part of the Spanish Culture and I think it could be Water/Fighting if this was the case.

Kieran

the Blueberry Champion
    Years
  • Currently not a fan of this Ducklett with a hat on splashed in the colours of one of my most detested Pokemon ever, Wingull.

Let's see if the final evolution will change my mind. I won't mind tolerating this Ducklett Wingull thing if the evolution don't look something that already exists, like Swanna or meh... Pelipper.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Currently not a fan of this Ducklett with a hat on splashed in the colours of one of my most detested Pokemon ever, Wingull.

Let's see if the final evolution will change my mind. I won't mind tolerating this Ducklett Wingull thing if the evolution don't look something that already exists, like Swanna or meh... Pelipper.

You do raise a good point, if we end up with another Swanna or Pelipper it would be disappointing. I don't think we're hurting for more Water/Flying types.

But I'm optimistic that it won't go in that direction, both of the above are only single stage evolutions, so they have to push the boundaries for the design further which will definitely end up in something unique!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Quaxly is going to have the best evolution I can just see it now.

Now Sirfetch'd exists this design can be incorporated into Quaxly's final evolution!

Attachments

• Madame-Farfetchd.jpg
      Madame-Farfetchd.jpg
      14.9 KB · Views: 2
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Quaxly is going to have the best evolution I can just see it now.

Now Sirfetch'd exists this design can be incorporated into Quaxly's final evolution!

That is a super interesting idea! Giving it almost a Lugia feel rather than the firmly grounded Water starters we've had before. As long as it doesn't spill over into Water/Flying, I would love to see that design updated and brought to life!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    That is a super interesting idea! Giving it almost a Lugia feel rather than the firmly grounded Water starters we've had before. As long as it doesn't spill over into Water/Flying, I would love to see that design updated and brought to life!

I don't think it'll be like a re-skin of Golduck or Swanna but honestly based on HOW it looks now I could see it easily going water/fighting (which would be ok with me). I don't see it turning into a creature that can fly based on how it looks right now tbh but I could be surprised.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • The other starter I plan to pick, mostly because I feel like it's going to have a really great final evolution.

I feel like anything's fine by me, and yes, I am also okay with this thing getting a humanoid final evo (knowing modern starters so far I think there is a weirdly high chance of it happening).

That said, I am already planning up it's character for when I get to use it for my playthrough and I am already having fun thinking up ideas.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Guyyysss I saw this AMAZING art earlier of Quaxly's final evolution and I'm so sad because it's entirely fan made :( Has anyone seen any amazing art of our beautiful duck?

Also - what do we think the shiny colours will be? Has to 100% be purple right??

Back