• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Featured: Question from the mod!

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Hi! Looking to hear a bit about how you use the RP forums nowadays! If you fill in the answers to the below, I'll be very happy :)

1. Do you usually look in both RPCasting and RPStage on a normal day?

2. Do you usually use the quick links in the RPC/RPS banners to jump between the two sections?

3. Do you use/read/check the Writer's Lounge section?

4. Do you use/read/check the Fanfiction & Writing section?

5. Are you currently part of any RP here?

6. Do you currently wish to join a new RP? If yes, what is the reason you aren't?

7. Do you feel like the current setup works fine (RPC and RPS and WL accessible directly from the main forum index), or did you prefer when all RP threads and discussion was in the same section?

Thank you for answering! If you see this, please urge your fellow players and GMs to answer as well :)

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
  • 1. Do you usually look in both RPCasting and RPStage on a normal day?
    yes, usually multiple times. for various reasons

2. Do you usually use the quick links in the RPC/RPS banners to jump between the two sections?
    Frequently yeah but not always.

I check it when I see something new but I don't post very often.

infrequently

yuh, playing in Trainers and GMing/playing in Hoenn: Square One

6. Do you currently wish to join a new RP? If yes, what is the reason you aren't?
    Nope, I've got a lot to do for the two I'm in and feel like if I was involved in more then the quality of my writing would go way down. However, I very much enjoy reading other Pokémon RPs and look forward to seeing them come out and be active!

7. Do you feel like the current setup works fine (RPC and RPS and WL accessible directly from the main forum index), or did you prefer when all RP threads and discussion was in the same section?
    Oh I love it this way. I love being able to see all this from the main index. So much easier.

WizardOfOdd

Kirbmeister
    Years
    Yes, every single day :D

Nope, I bookmarked them on my browser so I don't really have the use for it. But it's really useful otherwise.

I rarely check them

I had in past, but... Now it's rarely.

Yes, I'm a member of 3 active RPs, 1 is on hiatus but (hopefully) will be active again.

Nope :), more than this and I'm doomed. I have too much in my plate rn both RP-wise and real life.

I'm not here long enough to experience the differences, but I have to say that the accessibility of the current setup is really great.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    No, just when I see there are new posts or when I'm gonna post something.

I forgot they were there B) But that's because my browser already knows I visit those sections a lot, so it's easier that way.

Whenever there's a new post or I feel like posting in an old thread. I have yet to start a thread there tho.

I used to check it a lot before I started rping, but not that much now.

I'm part of three lmao.

I would like to, but as you see above I'm already in three, which is a lot considering I have two mains in one and I can barely keep up in another one.

I think it's better the current setup, considering I'm constantly looking at the homepage. It's also easier to see if there are new posts in RC and RPS.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen yesterday
    Usually! It's mostly if I have something to post or I already know there is something to read, though!

Not that much actually (also because for some reason, they don't appear when you're viewing a specific thread inside a section... that would be useful I guess, but I don't know how easy it is to program). But they're useful, ngl!

Well, I should visit it more! I don't really go there often though.

Very rarely!

Yes, 4!

Every new RP that comes up I consider joining by default, even though I probably shouldn't given how many RPs I'm already in. The more RPs come up and the more conflicted I get hehe!

Well, now that I finally got used to this new layout, it's not bad! Seeing if there's anything new right from the home page is a nice plus :)

Geras

Roleplayer
    Years
    Not really, unless I'm already expecting a new post

All the time

Nope, I'd actually forgotten it existed. Might poke around in there more.

Nope.

Yup, 3 of them.

Nope. Got my hands full with the ones I'm in.

Makes no big difference to me, honestly

Years
  • Hello, again!

Generally. I try to check both every day, but sometimes I go a day or two without if I'm busy.

No, I just always have the Writer's Lounge open and I click open new tabs from there.

Yes, I always have it on a tab on my mobile. That said, I don't write or read there often.

No. I did open it recently, but only because I'm considering writing a fanfiction and wanted to look around first. Not sure if that will get off the ground any time soon, though...

Yes, several.

If one catches my eye, yes. I'm of the opinion that I can never be in too many RPs, even though it's happened to me before. More than once, in fact. I just like writing.

I feel this works great. It's more organized, and I like being able to separate IC from OOC so easily.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2022
    Yes

Yes, most convenient way yo get between them

No, but I'm new and mostly trying to Catch up in my current RP.

No, but have been meaning to check it out, once i'm caught up.

Yes, Hoenn: Square one.

No, id like to focus on the one I'm in now.

I like the separation of IC and OOC alot, it makes it easy to find and read the RPS stories.

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2020
    I did when I was looking for a rp to join, but haven't really since.

Yes

No

No

One technically (Hoenn: Square One) but I'm in an indefinite hiatus on it. The rp luckily allows that sort of flexibility in case I get more time in the future and the itch to write comes back.

Lol no my pea-sized brain can only handle so much

No that sounds chaotic

Years
    no, unless im in the mood or see something interesting on the index.. or when im looking for interesting rps

nope

nope

nope

nope

yep, nothing catching my eye rn

i have no preference tbh

Years
    More like every other day for me.

I use them all the time.

Tbh, answering this reminded me that it existed.

Nope

Yes

Nope, I'm barely keeping up with what I got going on as is.

I really like the current set up and can only imagine things being very disorganized if they were merged.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    To clarify: there still used to be two subforums for IC threads and OOC threads, but they were nestled under a main discussion section, so from the main forum index you could only spot the last thread from any of the three spaces. Nowadays, you can immediately see the last post in all of the three.

saniachan

Second Violinist
    Years
    Not really, just popping in every now and then.

Sometimes, yeah...

Not really at the moment.

Nope.

Nope.

Actually, yeah. I do wish to join a new RP or two (preferably the Pokemon ones), but I haven't found the right one for me. :(

No preferences, honestly.

Back