• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aethestode

Hacker
Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    Hi, a few questions here.

1) I've created different Pokemon, but I want the game (the Pokedex actually) to recognise that Pokemon as another Pokemon. For example, I want the game to recognize the female version of Jellificent as the same as the male Jellificent (with the same dex entry).

I tried to do it with PGE (Pokemon Game Editor), but I couldn't open my rom since I've expanded my rom, expanded the Pokemon and added new types.

2) I heard that Advance Map 19.2 is unstable when working with an expanded 32mb rom, and that I should use Advance Map 19.5... However, my experience with Advance Map 19.5 has been a nightmare (game keeps corrupting itself, etc). Therefore, is there another Map Editor that is much more stable to use and can support an expanded 32mb rom?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I have a Ruby question, hoping anyone knows the answer.

Does anyone know how to stop that glowing palette on Groudon in the title screen, or make it a static, specific-colored palette?

Thanks~

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Ok, I've removed the button explanation, but I still need the titlescreen. any suggestions?

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone know where I can get a DS emulator that is used commonly by hackers?

I don't know for a fact if it is used by hackers, but DesEmuMe (Official site) is a good DS emulator.
    There's also No$GBA, which is a GBA/DS emulator but I don't remember what its official site is, and I don't use it.

Years
    • Seen Aug 27, 2016
    Excuse me if this question has been asked or answered before but I've been curious for awhile if someone has or if it is at all possible to implement the special/physical split for individual moves in Gen II or even Gen I games. I feel like it would be a neat feature for those games to have if it is at all possible. I have never done ROM hacking before but I would like to at least try to do this one thing if it hasn't been done before.

Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2016
    how i can change or delete the oak event in fr without causing any bugs? always i try to delete and make a new causes a black screen bug on map

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Anyone know how the Mach or Acro Bike is called in Emerald? Danny says it is ASM but I think it is a script ... tried opening the item's Field Usage but it is just mumbo jumbo and when I do a callasm to th field usage offset, doesn't work for me.

Can you tell me the Field usage offset? I can double check from there.

Does anyone know how FR handles the "cloudy" weather, aka darkening the screen? I would like to increase that since it's not really that dark.

I'm pretty sure it literally sets the displayed colors to a darker version. I made this in a hurry, not too sure it'll work. But 0x8000 is the music to play when the screen if faded and 0x8002 should be color to fade the screen. Feel free to delete those audio related lines. Also, it should be worth mentioning, that you can call this routine more than once. Reverting it is a little harder (I suggest you inplace map reload or if you only called it once you can use fadescreen 0x0).
    https://pastebin.com/3qtRH5L7

how i can change or delete the oak event in fr without causing any bugs? always i try to delete and make a new causes a black screen bug on map

Are you talking about the intro or the Oak stopping you from leaving palette town?
    If you're talking about Oak trying to stop you from leaving palette town, you just need to delete the event using Advance Map. If you're talking about the intro, the solution was posted a few posts above.

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Um, when I do the givepokemon script it works when I go into battle, but the Pokemon Tab on the start menu doesn't show up(FireRed)

Help?

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • How would I go about mapping multiple Pokemon to the same Pokédex entry? (For forms)

Why? That's not how form hacks work. They're species shifts, and as such they'd take up more than one page in the dex.

Um, when I do the givepokemon script it works when I go into battle, but the Pokemon Tab on the start menu doesn't show up(FireRed)

Help?

This menu is flag based. 0x828 in FR.

Years
    • Seen May 22, 2018
    Is the encounter ratio value set with Advance Map 1.92 supposed to work on Fishing Rods too? Because on Emerald I set it to 255 (100%) when it comes to fishing, but testing it not only I keep getting those "Not even a nibble..."s, but I still get them more often than wild encounters.

PurpleOrange

still don't know what I'm doing
    Years
  • Is the encounter ratio value set with Advance Map 1.92 supposed to work on Fishing Rods too? Because on Emerald I set it to 255 (100%) when it comes to fishing, but testing it not only I keep getting those "Not even a nibble..."s, but I still get them more often than wild encounters.

there's a different encounter ratio for each (Grass; Water; Tree; Fishing rod), make sure that you've clicked fishing rod, then change that ratio

Lance32497

LanceKoijer of Pokemon_Addicts
    Years
  • This question was asked by myself lomg ago but never got an answer, how do I insert a string in a move like "[pokemon] dug a hole" I wanted to create a move that will show a string upong executing it.

Years
    • Seen Jan 21, 2016
    I'm hoping to give rom hacking a shot, but the problem is that I have a mac. To run boot camp I would need to buy a windows license and I don't want to spend that money right now. I've heard that people have made hacking tools for mac, but are there enough of them that I will be able to do a basic rom hack with them, or is it not worth trying?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back