• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keromatsu

Froakie is Awesome!
Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    I have a question, I saw this page on romhacking(dot)net where a guy translated Pokemon Ruby into Arabic, I want to make an Urdu version, sooo do you know how i can make the urdu letters work? (Our alphabet is the same as Arabic but we have some more letters than them)

daniilS

busy trying to do stuff not done yet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2024
    Does anyone knows how to have the second worldmap (third or more) in Pokemon Emerald? If so, please tell how. I have been looking for that tutorial but then I have seen someone did it but I didn't find answers how to do it. Any method is appreciated as long as it is flyable.

Do you have a link to that someone having done it?

Joexv

ManMadeOfGouda joexv.github.io
    Years
  • I have a question, I saw this page on romhacking(dot)net where a guy translated Pokemon Ruby into Arabic, I want to make an Urdu version, sooo do you know how i can make the urdu letters work? (Our alphabet is the same as Arabic but we have some more letters than them)

You would have to edit the font. Its not too hard to do on fire red, but I dont know about ruby.

colonelsalt

Guaranteed to raise the smile
    Years
  • Hi, does anyone know if it's possible to insert brand new OW palettes (as in, accessible through an index in NSE) into Firered, or would I have to settle for overwriting barely used ones?

Years
  • By the way, how do you make a Trainer's Pokémon shiny in Emerald? I noticed that Redrider180 (or, as he prefers, Lucbui) has plenty of shinies in his Pokémon League and Gym Leader parties. I als noticed a bunch of shinies in vanilla FireRed on Trainer Tower, but they don't seem to be controlled by the Pokémon Data, so what is it that makes them shiny?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    By the way, how do you make a Trainer's Pokémon shiny in Emerald? I noticed that Redrider180 (or, as he prefers, Lucbui) has plenty of shinies in his Pokémon League and Gym Leader parties. I als noticed a bunch of shinies in vanilla FireRed on Trainer Tower, but they don't seem to be controlled by the Pokémon Data, so what is it that makes them shiny?

You would need HackMew's Shinyzer for that. There was a video tutorial on how to do it. (link). The tutorial was for FireRed, however I managed to do it with my own hack as well (a Ruby hack). So I believe it'll work the same way for Emerald as well. ^^
    Hope that helps! ^^

Years
  • Since you are using Unlz-GBA...
    Before you open your ROM with Unlz-GBA, please delete the files with the .pal and the .spr extensions... After you'd done that, you can open your ROM with it again...

I followed the tutorial (which was very good btw) but when you copied the original sprite over the palette changed sprite the palette was not copied over, but with mine it does copy over. I do not know why but it does. Thank you for the tutorial though.

Joexv

Years
  • I followed the tutorial (which was very good btw) but when you copied the original sprite over the palette changed sprite the palette was not copied over, but with mine it does copy over. I do not know why but it does. Thank you for the tutorial though.

Have you tried indexing your image using character maker pro?

Years
  • I haven't really looked into this so I may be wrong, but I believe you have to edit the image that has the letters and ASCII codes for the game and replace it.

Joexv

Years
  • even if ur wrong, how can i do that?

Not sure about the ascii codes, but for a the font graphic open up your rom in nse classic and in the bookmarks tab there's an option for the font.(it might be under the textbox section).
    Edit that to your liking and there ya go.

ZapdosMan

The Principality
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2016
    Can anyone tell me how to connect two maps correctly without changing tilesets?

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    Hi does anyone know where the HM script offsets in Emerald are located?

To clarify, when you 'speak' to water, trees or rocks you get a message saying would you like to use x.
    I need to know where the script is located so I can change the text and badge requirements.

Thank You

Joexv

Years
  • Hi does anyone know where the HM script offsets in Emerald are located?

To clarify, when you 'speak' to water, trees or rocks you get a message saying would you like to use x.
    I need to know where the script is located so I can change the text and badge requirements.

Thank You
    The tree and rock scripts are done for every rock
    And then the surf is a behavior byte script, 0x271EA0
    Credits to DarkSneasel for finding that.

C me

Creator of Pokemon League Of Legends
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    The tree and rock scripts are done for every rock
    And then the surf is a behavior byte script, 0x271EA0
    Credits to DarkSneasel for finding that.

Thanks that's great!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back