• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Help Thread: Quick Questions & Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.

FSBS

Defunct
Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to get the Rockets in Mount Moon to disappear after battling them, but the problem being that the first two work just fine but the next one will battle just fine, and then afterwards immediately respond with an exclamation and a purple screen. I've tried setting the active sprite to on, off, anything and I get nothing. I'm using unused flags as documented in the relevant forums and setting the unknown to 3 as recommended.
    Could I simply set the final battle to make them all disappear? Such as inserting a hidesprite command with all of the sprite numbers? I'm not very experienced with scripting or events, the best I've managed so far is making some trainer battles and msgboxes. I cobbled this together from a wild pokemon sprite encounter by replacing the wildpokemon with a trainerbattle. If there's a better way I'd greatly appreciate it.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years
  • Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I've no idea what I'm doing wrong here. I'm trying to get the Rockets in Mount Moon to disappear after battling them, but the problem being that the first two work just fine but the next one will battle just fine, and then afterwards immediately respond with an exclamation and a purple screen. I've tried setting the active sprite to on, off, anything and I get nothing. I'm using unused flags as documented in the relevant forums and setting the unknown to 3 as recommended.
    Could I simply set the final battle to make them all disappear? Such as inserting a hidesprite command with all of the sprite numbers? I'm not very experienced with scripting or events, the best I've managed so far is making some trainer battles and msgboxes. I cobbled this together from a wild pokemon sprite encounter by replacing the wildpokemon with a trainerbattle. If there's a better way I'd greatly appreciate it.
    You're using the wrong trainerbattle type, the type you're using won't continue the script after the battle. You'd need to use trainerbattle 0x1 to continue it after the battle ends.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    You're using the wrong trainerbattle type, the type you're using won't continue the script after the battle. You'd need to use trainerbattle 0x1 to continue it after the battle ends.

Alright so I've changed it to this:
    Spoiler:

and it worked on all of them except one-which turned into a recurring Thief TM. I deleted that sprite and now the above scripted event is giving me the same issue except a red screen now. I know it's against the rules to ask for scripts, but I've been hung up on this one for two days. I've run through 3-5 scripts on each of the 5 NPCs I have in this map. I can't find any specific documentation for what I need to accomplish either-it's either a regular battle or a gym leader battle.
    I just want the sprites to disappear automatically after battle, one by one or all at once after the final battle.

Years
    • Seen today
    Does anyone have an upload of Advance Trader I could get? Searching google has given me nothing except one download my computer says is unsafe.

Here's the one from my computer, downloaded it October last year, so I don't know if there was an update between then and now.

Attachments

• Trader_Advanced.zip
      164.8 KB · Views: 2

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    Here's the one from my computer, downloaded it October last year, so I don't know if there was an update between then and now.
    I get the comlog or cmdlog prompt, but I also get that with a couple of other tools I have that I haven't gotten around to needing enough yet to correct. I'm sure I can find a way to make the application work by getting the missing files with a little google-fu. Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2023
    Hi! I'm working on a Silver hack and I can't seem to figure out how to change the in-battle sprites for trainers.

i.e. When challenging Falkner, I want Sabrina's sprite to appear in the battle screen

Any help would be much appreciated!

Natzen

Creator of Pokémon: Sanguine
    Years
  • To bypass the filter that is not letting me post a link to my picture, I've put it in my signature, at the bottom.

Basically, I spent a fair amount of time editing my first map(Pallet town) - I followed the tutorials to the letter, but when I leave my house - it puts me in the water with a bunch of rock tiles around me so I cannot move.

What Did I do Wrong?
    How Can I fix this?
    Can it be fixed without 100% remaking the map AGAIN(For a third time).

Years
  • I get the comlog or cmdlog prompt, but I also get that with a couple of other tools I have that I haven't gotten around to needing enough yet to correct. I'm sure I can find a way to make the application work by getting the missing files with a little google-fu. Thanks!

My advice: don't use A-trainer. Use either Kurapika's GEN3Tools or Hopeless Trainer Editor. A-trainer is very outdated.

Years
  • Sorry, didn't bother to read the script. I just saw your comment which said that it worked perfectly without the special, then came to the conclusion that you forgot the waitstate.

After a quick look, it's become apparent to me that special 0x3B is not doing anything in your script in general. Special 0x38 seems to me like what you're looking for.

Ok so would the script be set up as:
    special 0x38
    playsong 0x129 0x0
    trainerbattle 0x1 0x5 0x0 0x872CC3D 0x872CC59 0x872CC6D
    waitstate

or

special 0x38
    waitstate
    playsong 0x129 0x0

Cause when i do it like both of these, the playsong doesnt stay during the battle, replacing the battle theme.

Blah

Free supporter
    Years
  • Ok so would the script be set up as:
    special 0x38
    playsong 0x129 0x0
    waitstate

or

special 0x38
    waitstate
    playsong 0x129 0x0

Cause when i do it like both of these, the playsong doesnt stay during the battle, replacing the battle theme.

Oh, I see what you're trying to do now. You're trying to have the playsong as the battle song. About that, I don't believe you can do it purely from scripting. Maybe you can with a specific type of trainer battle, but the way I'd do it is to just use a hook to play the music I want when facing this specific trainer. For details you can ask in the ASM help thread, I'd be able to guide you there.

FSBS

Defunct
    Years
    • Seen Apr 19, 2019
    My advice: don't use A-trainer. Use either Kurapika's GEN3Tools or Hopeless Trainer Editor. A-trainer is very outdated.
    It's funny you mention G3Tools, since I had gone through every pokemon editor I had and searched for two hours online for a way to edit pokemon using MrDollsteak's base and it appears that G3Tools is compatible where I couldn't get YAPE, PGE, or Gen 3 Suite working-which means I can now use Mareep, Larvitar, and Spheal as starters (trust me, you can't just put those in without moving their learnset around a little.)
    Aside that, in what way is A-Trainer outdated? I glanced at the G3T trainer editor and it seems to be almost identical to Lostelle's editor and the main difference between A-Trainer and the two are formatting, native repointing and A-Trainer lacking EV editing (which I'm not sure I understand well enough to bother with yet.)
    Thanks again for your help, DizzyEgg.

Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    I'm working on changing ROM bases from Fire Red to Emerald for my hack right now. I've moved the warp location from the truck to a building instead of Littleroot, and for some reason, now I'm not seeing the little popup in the top left-hand corner that says the city, town or route name. Is there some flag or something in the script in the beginning at littleroot that activates this or something?

Years
    • Seen Nov 4, 2017
    Let's say I have a Script going on, and from that script i want it to be warped to another location where another script is happening, but without the player being there.

Basically a cutscene without the player.

how do I go about doing a script like that?

Years
  • Let's say I have a Script going on, and from that script i want it to be warped to another location where another script is happening, but without the player being there.

Basically a cutscene without the player.

how do I go about doing a script like that?

You could have the player moved behind a tree or a building and then move them back after the cutscene finishes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 19, 2023
    So I managed to open the firered.idb file. If I understand it well, knizz has documented most of the ROM but... are there any tutorials on how to hack using it? On FBI's ASM tutorials he mentions that using it is essencial to make bigger projects, but I haven't found anything on actually doing something using it.
    I understand this must be a really noob question, but I'm used to pokered disassembly and this seems completely different.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 19, 2016
    Hello,

I am currently playing around with several hacking tools, settings and generally everything to get to know ROM hacking and prepare to start my own hack.
    I had lots of trouble though with editing Pokemon data/Evolutions etc. but I finally found Pokemon Gen 3 Hacking Suite which works fine for me, with just one flaw.
    The abilities are loaded as \x, meaning I cant find the right ones for the Pokemon.
    My ROM is a german Firered and I used a copied ini file to get it to work with G3HS.
    Any ideas on how to fix the ability names?

Regards

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back