• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

1st Gen R/B/Y --> which one you'll choose?

R/B/Y --> which one do you choose?

• Red!

Votes: 7 18.4%
  • Blue!

Votes: 6 15.8%
  • Yellow!

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • More than one!

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • None!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mawa

The typo Queen
Years
  • As we only have a week to wait, I am still choosing which game I'll choose.

I don't know if I'll pick Yellow or Red.
    I like the sprites in Yellow and the colors. I like the Pokemon we can catch early in the game too. But Pikachu can't evolve, and that's a big disappointment for me. I could put it in the box, but I've never did any game without the starter... Maybe I have to try for one time... But it's sad :(
    I might be doing a kinda Nuzlock game if I pick Yellow. (Not the Nuzlock rules, but only the "if it faint, you have to change it" rule).

So! Now, what's about you? Will one will you choose? Red? Blue? Yellow? More than one or none??

blue

gucci
    Years
  • I'm choosing Yellow.

I like how Yellow introduces colour to the sprites and maps, the slight difficulty increase and obviously having Pikachu as a starter. Not only that but you can also have access to all three Kanto starters fairly early-on in game which I plan to use on my team!

Years
  • I have the special edition 3DS preordered and I plan on buying Yellow, so I'll be getting all three. I'll be playing Blue first, though.

colter519

Youngster
    Years
  • I'll be picking Yellow! But I wish we could purchase Green outside of Japan D:

If you've got a Japanese 3DS you can buy it the eShop outside of Japan. I did :p Although it's actually Japanese blue that I bought (so far) which is the one that was never released here. I plan on getting all 4 in Japanese and 3 in English though

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
    Years
  • I'm getting the Red/Blue 3DS from ToysRUs, which hopefully will be here on that day, but I highly doubt it. I'm planning on buying Yellow on my current 3DS though, so I will have a game on day 1 :P

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'll be picking up Red, since that game is very important to me and my cartridge Red died last summer. I'll be fixing it still, regardless of the eShop release. And I may end up picking up Yellow at some point, because it was my first game and I'm sure I'm going to want to be able to trade with myself, haha. Though I have considered just having one of each on my 3DSes since I have 3 of them. So lol. ...Guess I should have voted 'more than one' rather than Red. :P

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I'm going to get all three. Leaning towards two sets (one for each 3DS) so I can trade with myself and have more save files. I haven't figured out exactly how I'm going to go about playing them (teams, etc.) yet, though.

Guest123_x1

I'm going to get all three English versions of the Generation I main series. Though, in the order of downloading, I'll get Yellow first (since that was my very first Pokémon game), then Blue (my only other Generation I main series entry that I had in Game Pak form), and finally Red (which I never owned in cartridge form).

If though, like others have stated they would do, I had multiple 2DS or 3DS systems, I would more than likely download one version on one system, and another on the second system.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    I'll be getting Pokemon Yellow, although I might get the other two eventually. Yellow was the one I started with, although I did eventually own the other two as well. (My cousin gave me Blue and I can't remember how I got a hold of Red)

I don't think I'll keep the Pikachu though, having a Pokemon follow you is cool and all...but I don't really like Pikachu. (I'd keep it if I could evolve it though)

Elysieum

Requiescat en pace.
    Years
  • I'm still divided between Red and Yellow. Red carries more nostalgic weight for me, but the improvements in Yellow (chief of which is the introduction of colour graphics) is hard to ignore. Bleh.

Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2016
    Honestly, I'll more than likely end up with all three, but I'll start with Blue because that was my first one in this generation. I've never played Yellow, so I'd definitely have to take a shot at that, and I don't like leaving anything out so I'll play Red at some point in time.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I'll probably buy Red simply because red is my favourite colour. I also have a slight preference for Red's version exclusives (Electabuzz > Magmar any day).

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • I picked Yellow because I figured it would be the most interesting to replay: it has all the Gen I starters, Pikachu is adorable, and it follows the anime a little bit, which is cool. I've played R/B a fair bit, so change is nice.

However, now that I'm actually replaying it, my nostalgia for Gen I is hitting full force so I'm thinking when I'm done I might end up getting one of the other games. My heart kinda tells me to go for Pokemon Red, my first Pokemon game, but........ I guess it would be even cooler to get Pokemon Green and see what that's like, instead. So I think that'll be my second one if I do end up double dipping!

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
    Years
  • I'll do the same thing I did when I played them on my Gameboy: get all three.
    I don't know what I'll do to trade between the three, but... I'll get to that when I'll get to that.

Back