• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen R/S/E Monotype...A Lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Scratch that, upon consulting a friend, I decided to raise grass.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I keep flipping back and forth between what to do, I'm sorry @_@~
    It's ok! So what type do you wish to sign up for?
    If you have more han one of the Hoenn series games, you can sign up for more.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    It's ok! So what type do you wish to sign up for?
    If you have more han one of the Hoenn series games, you can sign up for more.

I have sapphire, ruby and emerald, but I prefer to only have one going at a time. I've decided on grass though :) (Asked a friend for advice)

Sceptile
    Breloom
    Roselia
    Cacturne
    Cradily
    Tropius

(Note: Changed Vileplume for Roselia)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I have sapphire, ruby and emerald, but I prefer to only have one going at a time. I've decided on grass though :) (Asked a friend for advice)

Sceptile
    Breloom
    Vileplume
    Cacturne
    Cradily
    Tropius
    Alrighty then! Have fun with it!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Sep 28, 2013
    Right, I've decided on:

Heracross
    Pinsir
    Dustox
    Armaldo
    Masquerain
    Ninjask

as my team. Hope that's OK!

-------------------------------------------

So, I started Pokemon Sapphire, Birch gave me the low-down of stuff I already know, and I told him my name is Dan. So yeah… Mom showed me around… met May… nicked a Torchic from Birch, beat up a Poocheyena – yeah you've heard it all before. Went to Route 103, won against May, got the Pokedex. And here's what I really wanted – Pokeballs!

Out on Route 102, I caught a Lv3 male Wurmple, my first bug type! Hurray! Called him Merlin. Why? Who knows. I also caught a Lotad for HM purposes. After a while of training Merlin (with help from Torchic), I came across a Lv3 female Surskit! Lucky for me, as I wasn't actually sure where to catch one anyway. And I caught her! Called her LadyOfLake. Think I've decided on Arthurian theme for names :P

At last, Merlin reached level 7. What? Merlin is evolving! Just my luck, it evolved into Silcoon ¬¬ Dang, time to find another Wurmple. Oh well – it isn't exactly the rarest Pokemon around.

Caught a new one – called this one Merlin as well. Confusing much? After some more time training, the new Merlin grew to level 7. What? Merlin is evolving! NOOOOO ANOTHER BLASTED SILCOON! Argh. That does it. I'm training up LadyOfLake for a while. I fought against the first trainer on the route once she got to level 6 – and owned his silly little Zigzagoon! Bubble ftw. After the battle I caught yet another Wurmple, Lv4 male, called him Merlin again. This time he had better evolve into Cascoon, or I'll be rather annoyed.

Woohoo! Cascoon it is. I then defeated Bug Catcher Rick's Wurmple duo using my new improved Merlin! Youngster Allen wasn't much of a challenge either, good thing his Taillow was only level 3 or it could have been a problem. Lass Tiana was pretty easy. I'll stop for now at Petalburg City Pokemon Center.

Party:
    Merlin (Cascoon) – Lv8 – Tackle, String Shot, Poison Sting, Harden
    LadyOfLake (Surskit) – Lv8 – Bubble, Quick Attack

Other Pokemon: Torchic, Silcoon, Silcoon, Lotad

Total Play Time: 1:30

Haha, I haven't got very far in an hour and a half…

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Sign me up for Flying please!
    I'm planning on doing:
    Swellow
    Pelliper
    Xatu
    Crobat
    Tropius
    Skarmory

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Oh yeah, thanks!

I've been searching route 104 for about 15 minutes, but no Wingull/Tailow yet! Grr.
    Oops. About a minute after posting, I found a Tailow....

Last edited:

Clevink

Don't mess with Espeon...
    Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    D'oh. Hate it when that happens. Good luck to you!

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    Thank you. I'll post my report so far.
    Started off, blah blah, picked Mudkip, Blah blah, owned my rival with 3 HP left, got my Pokeballs and Dex. Spent 15 or so minutes trying to find a Tailow, then spent 15 minutes raising it to it's current level, 16. Now I'm at my first problem. Should I wait until:
    1) Tailow learns Double Team at level 19
    2) Tailow Evolves.
    3) Swellow learns Endeavor.
    This is to fight Roxane. My next pokemon will be a Zubat, unless another Flyer is available sooner than Dewford.

sdfs

Is graceful like Zuzu.
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Thank you. I'll post my report so far.
    Started off, blah blah, picked Mudkip, Blah blah, owned my rival with 3 HP left, got my Pokeballs and Dex. Spent 15 or so minutes trying to find a Tailow, then spent 15 minutes raising it to it's current level, 16. Now I'm at my first problem. Should I wait until:
    1) Tailow learns Double Team at level 19
    2) Tailow Evolves.
    3) Swellow learns Endeavor.
    This is to fight Roxane. My next pokemon will be a Zubat, unless another Flyer is available sooner than Dewford.
    Just raise Wingull o_O It'd be a lot smarter than trying to take her on with taillow.

Clevink

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Wingull is, and it'll make it a lot easier to beat Roxanne.

Edit: UGH! Beaten by one minute. q.q

Years
    • Seen Feb 10, 2014
    I couldn't find one, but thank you. I actually took her on with a level 22 Swellow. Double team a few times, then a Focus Energy and whittle away. I'm at Dewford Gym now with a level 8 Zubat and a level 23 Swellow. I'll just catch a Wingull at the route with the Rival battle before Mauvile.... Can't remember the name. Now my problem is..... Wattson. I suppose I'll Just raise my levels 'till I'm insane.

Clevink

Years
    • Seen Jul 27, 2014
    Sounds good. That should be your last big challenge if you're doing Emerald. If not, Steven could be a little tough, but by that point it'll be much easier to level.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back