• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Random Sadness

Crystal Berry

[span="text-shadow: 0 1px 0 rgba(0,0,0,0.12); font
Years
  • Have you ever had a period in your life where you just felt really sad or depressed, and you couldn't figure out why? If so have you been able to overcome this sadness, or does it sort of come and go randomly? I don't want to use the word 'depression' too loosely, but I feel that sometimes when life gets really difficult it can effect your mood for a very long time.

As for myself I actually suffered from a brief period of sadness that lasted for a couple of weeks a few months ago. During that period I had many negative thoughts running through my head at all times and my self-esteem was pretty low. I overcame that sadness by spending more time with my friends and trying to enjoy myself more by doing what I enjoy and finding new hobbies, and eventually those negative feelings sort of left me, and right now I'm pretty happy tbh. :)

User19sq

My depression isn't really "random" per se; it's everlasting because it never goes away. The only difference is the time period. There are tons of external forces keeping me from becoming happy, to a decent extent. No job, no car, no money, no phone, no meds for my everlasting disability, everyone's too busy to spend time with me, unable to continue my college career because of a lack of funds, and absolutely zero love and/or support from family.

Basically, my life is a complete Hell. Nothing's going to change, and I've accepted that long ago. My only option is to go out and die, which I intend to do this December after playing Sun. I'm gonna be a roaming homeless guy. And sure, I'll suffer out there, but at least I'll be happy. My depression is forever, with all that matters being when I let it get to me to become apparent that I'm suffering. But if I'm out in the world to die, I'll at least die on my own terms.

Alex

what will it be next?
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2022
    Used to happen all the time in high school up until almost a year ago. then I worked on my depression and I've never been better

Years
    • she/her
    • Seen May 23, 2023
    I have a few days like that. Sometimes the feeling of sadness will last for longer - anywhere from a week to a few months when I've been at my worst. I'm glad it hasn't ever been longer than that. I've noticed that August has always been my low month and that I'm often upset or troubled during it. I'm not sure if it's just a coincidence or there's some correlation but it's a month that I don't look forward to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2017
    WOW, what a well thought out thread!

I think the first time I was sad was when I was very young. I probably didn't get my way and so I got really mad! I think the first thing that cleared me up was... art.

Anyways, I hope you all feel well.

We've ALL been sad...

Back