• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Rate the video game music above you!

pkmin3033

7/10. It has a certain old-school charm to it...even though I really don't like thinking of the N64 era as old-school, haha.

Now for one of my favourite final dungeon themes:

Sir Codin

A little tropical paradise, but I suppose it can help me relax.

For those of you who've had enough skill and patience to make it this far into Dark Souls, this is perhaps one of the most challenging fights in the game, even if you bring along Solaire or another buddy.

pkmin3033

By itself? 8/10; it's delightfully atmospheric and one of the better tracks from the game. In context? 2/10, because enjoying it is absolutely impossible and it brings back many, many unpleasant memories. xD

Now for one of my favourite themes from one of the most obscure but enjoyable PSP JRPGs I've played:

pkmin3033

5/10. Much like the game itself, FFXI's soundtrack is pretty forgettable in my opinion.

A track I love from a game I hate:

pkmin3033

That'd depend on how prepared you are. xD
    6/10 - the composition makes it quite soothing, but it's kinda bland for my tastes.

Something from a game I am now especially looking forward to, now that I've heard the OST:

pkmin3033

7/10...mostly for the nostalgia. Honestly it sounds awful to my ears, but it brings back so many memories I can't bring myself to give it a low score. xD

Speaking of nostalgia...

pkmin3033

3/10. I don't consider FFIX a black sheep, I just consider it inferior to the likes of VIII and XII, and a bad JRPG in general. I didn't care for most of the soundtrack...a couple of tracks were quite good, but I wouldn't consider that one of them I'm afraid~

Time for something a bit more...relaxing.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Final Fantasy loves their holy chanting eh?
    7/10 The melody after the beginning chant is pretty good.

pkmin3033

6/10. It's...alright. I've heard better, but I've heard a lot worse, haha. The ominous undertone is nice, but it's a little too loud and disorganized to really convey any sort of feeling to me once it gets going.

I'm going to be predictable and fall back on one of my favourites:

Sir Codin

9/10, slow but nice buildup, but the second phase is perfect for a dark fantasy game.

Now for a Castlevania classic:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
    8/10, gives off an athletic gothic mood much like other Castlevania music.

Silent Hill 2 - The Darkness That Lurks in Our Minds

Back