• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • So the Shulk leak was true. Wondering about the full roster being true as well.
    The leaked roster we saw wasn't the full roster, as noted by the leaker himself. If it was, then there wouldn't be a lock icon from the leaked image of All-Star mode. So there's still a chance for any non-leaked characters not named ICs, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake.

Years
  • SIGNING UP!
    Username: The Dark Avenger
    Character Select: PEACH
    What was your first Smash game?: SSB (N64)

Ranking the Leaked Characters

SUPER EXCITED!
    1. Duck Hunt - That render...so banjo kazooie - inspired. We needed more animal based characters!!!!!!!!!! This is a nintendo classic, but they have really added their own artistic liberties to modernize the character, and it's so cute. Can't wait to see how it will actually fight.
    2. Bowser Jr., without the clowncopter, this would have ranked near last! The tongue melee attack and the fact that we finally have a character that is reliant upon a vehicle is pretty amazing. And, the expression the clowncopter makes when it hits the front screen (it's its own character!)
    Spoiler:

Great
    3. Wario - Love Wario as a character. He is just a rotten-vile badass, but has somehow been able to launch several successful series on his own, like Yoshi and Luigi. When I say luigi, I only refer to Luigi's Mansion...the year of Luigi was a major marketing flop! FYI. Wario unlike Luigi, can step outside of the shadow of Mario.
    4. Shulk. Not gonna pretend I know or like this character...but EVERYONE wanted him, and Xenoblade is becoming popular, though I've never played it personally. Nintendo should add characters if there is overwhelming demand in most cases, so good choice!

Okay
    5. Ness - Never liked using Ness in SSB, but somehow it doesn't feel like smashbros without him! I mean, he is part of the original 8. So yes, nostalgia wins in this case, plus he is a distinct character from other series.
    6. Rob - Indifferent about his inclusion ROB originally in Brawl. Yes, I understand the nod to Nintendo's roots, but that in of itself isn't a justification. That said, I don't mind his appearance, just underwhelmed.

Disappointments
    7. Game and Watch - Similar to the explanation above, except G&W is feels redundant with Pac-Man's Inclusion...plus Pac-Man is more iconic and interesting as a character. Plus Other "classic" characters like Mario and Donkey Kong don't even feel classic, since they are so current.
    8. Dr. Mario - Duplicate, omg boring, redundant, unnecessary!!!!
    9. Dark Pit - Even worse than Dr. Mario. Color Swap. At this rate we should get rid of Zelda and on in Dark Link while we are at it. Someone just has to have more than two characters from his game, which I love by the way, in his game. Why not Medusa??????? Why not K.Rool or Dixie to buff a series that has consistently remained popular? ARGH!!!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Adding The Dark Avenger to the list. Welcome!

Anyone pre-ordering or have pre-ordered the 3DS Version of the game? I might do so next week! I canNOT pass this game up.

duck hunt in ssb WHAT

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I haven't pre-ordered yet, sadly, as I haven't been able to save up enough money; wound up spending them all under some games for my Wii U, haha. Wish I hadn't. Though, I'm probably going to do it within the next three weeks or since. It releases in October 3rd (doesn't it?), which is nearly about thirty days away from now, and that's a lot of time. It wouldn't be much of a big deal if I'm still unable to pre-order; I could either buy it on release or two - three days afterwords.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • My brother and I haven't preordered the 3DS version yet, but he's going to get a physical copy of it, while I, depending if I have enough space left, will buy a digital copy.

7. Game and Watch - Similar to the explanation above, except G&W is feels redundant with Pac-Man's Inclusion...plus Pac-Man is more iconic and interesting as a character. Plus Other "classic" characters like Mario and Donkey Kong don't even feel classic, since they are so current.
    Why cut a character who pays tribute to Nintendo's first years as a video game company, especially that it was created by the same man who created the Gameboy brand?

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I'd love to sign up!
    Username: SeekerOfDarkness (or maybe Freddy Fazbear by the time this is read)
    Character Select: Ike
    First Smash Bros game: Brawl. I got to the party late. :/

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • Username: NeoSpeedFreak
    Character Select: Snake, because he's the black sheep of Smash Bros.
    What was your first Smash game?: Brawl

I must say that I like using human characters, as I enjoyed using the bottom-tier Samus against my friends on SSB64 and Snake's weapons on Brawl (I haven't played Melee) and I'm also good with the FE Lords. I can't wait to use Shulk, Greninja and Robin! I already have the money to buy SSB4 and Omega Ruby, but I'll have to wait until next week to preorder Smash.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I'm a bit curious. For those of you that haven't played Melee, what was the reason why you didn't? Was it because it was on Gamecube-only? Graphics? Interest? Etc?

I haven't played Melee myself, so I was wondering. And I never really intended on trying it out either. I'm not saying it's one of the least favorites of the three, but it's weird that I played SSB64 and skipped right over to Brawl.

Freddy Fazbear

You want the moon? I'll give you the moon.
    Years
  • I'm a bit curious. For those of you that haven't played Melee, what was the reason why you didn't? Was it because it was on Gamecube-only? Graphics? Interest? Etc?

I haven't played Melee myself, so I was wondering. And I never really intended on trying it out either. I'm not saying it's one of the least favorites of the three, but it's weird that I played SSB64 and skipped right over to Brawl.

The only smash bros game I personally have ever owned is Brawl, unfortunately, and when we play at friends houses, for some reason we always choose the N64 version to play. I've always wanted to play Melee, but the opportunity has never presented itself to me.

Infernape

fire power!
    Years
  • I know a lot of people didn't play it because they didn't have a Gamecube available to them when it came out.

Anyone still weary about the swimsuit thing? I'm irked on seeing people still complaining...

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Anyone still weary about the swimsuit thing? I'm irked on seeing people still complaining...

We have both a male character (Shulk) and a female character (Samus) using swimsuit alts., though the latter is technically a sports outfit and was made by a female developer as stated from 2 week ago, so it's pretty much balanced for both gender (That doesn't stop social justice warriors and radical feminists from complaining unfortunately). Because of this, a new shipping was born within the Smash community.

NeoSpeedFreak

A piece of meat
    Years
  • I wanted to try Brawl first as it was the newest one and I really liked it, and last semester I started to play 64 with my friends, so I never got interested on it. I also don't like Melee's roster and the plastic graphics of the character models.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    While I've never owned Melee, personally, I had still gotten the chance to try when I went to visit one of my friends. 64 was my first SSB game, and in comparison, Melee seemed amazing; its graphics were of very high quality, and roster was filled with so many players that it was literally tough to make any decision when it came to selecting and whatnot. Only reason I haven't bought it, though, is because I've never managed to get around to that, sadly. I did plan on purchasing, but every time I went into the story, I always wound up getting myself something else. When it comes to buying video games, I find it a little hard to control myself.

Years
  • So far there are screenshots of Mii Fighters wearing cowboy getup, Willy Wonka/Steam Punk costume, Football Gear, Suit and Tie, Tron Suit, Top Hats, and likely more to come once released, and perhaps in DLC form. It's promising that there will be a lot of customization, at least aesthetically.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Which Mii Fighter Will You Design For the Following:
    (if you had to...I have no idea why you would have to, but just go with it :p)

Videogame Character:
    Cartoon Character:
    Movie/TV/Novel Character:
    Historic Figure:
    Athlete:
    Actor/Singer/Celeb:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Which Mii Fighter Will You Design For the Following:

Videogame Character: Serena
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Admiral Ackbar
    Historic Figure: Leonardo Da Vinci
    Athlete: Shaquille O'neal
    Actor/Singer/Celeb: Samuel L. Jackson

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • I have no idea what I'm doing with these. lmao

Videogame Character: -
    Cartoon Character: -
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Tris Prior (Divergent series)
    Historic Figure: Anne Boleyn
    Athlete: Tony Stewart (helmet throwing ftw)
    Actor/Singer/Celeb: Adam Sandler

Also, for those that went ahead and downloaded the 3DS demo, how is it? I'm gonna wait till the 19th like normal peeps to get mine, I can wait by then. lmao.

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
  • When it comes to Mii Fighter Designs, I would design for the following:

Videogame Character: Sargeant Johnson (yeah I would do a character from a series on a different system)
    Cartoon Character: Bugs Bunny
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Darth Vader
    Historic Character: Albert Einstein
    Athlete: Marshawn Lynch (It is all about Beast Mode)
    Actor/Singer/Celeb: James Franco

Last edited:
    Years
  • Videogame: Bayonetta
    Cartoon: Alice in Wonderland/DBZ/Nightmare Before Christmas
    Movie/TV/Novel: Buffy/Starwars
    Historic: Cleopatra and Shakespeare
    Athlete: David Beckham

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Which Mii Fighter Will You Design For the Following:

Videogame Character:Jak (from Jak 2)
    Cartoon Character: Korra (legand of korra)
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Katniss everdeen (Hungergames series)
    Historic Figure: George Washington
    Athlete: ~
    Actor/Singer/Celeb: Jim Carry

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back