• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

blue

gucci
Years
  • I'd like to join too. Looking forward to the 3DS release next month. (:

Username: Hoenn
    Character Select: Pac-Man
    What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    here are mine
    Videogame Character: n harmonia (Pokemon Black/White/Black2/White2)
    Cartoon Character: Edward elric (FullMetal Alchemist)
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Harry potter
    Historic Figure: hitler
    Athlete: Michael jordan
    Actor/Singer/Celeb:Robin willems

Years
  • added new members and added some sprites to the main post~!

my list is...

Videogame Character: Wonder Red (w101)
    Cartoon Character: Blanc (Neptunia)
    Movie/TV/Novel Character: Sherlock Holmes
    Historic Figure: Napoleon
    Athlete: _____ (indy car racer)
    Actor/Singer/Celeb:Robin Williams

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Did you guys hear about the people that where paying $50+ for demo codes a few days back? Ridiculous

I saw those on eBay the other day. That was just frickin craaaaaazy. Why can't people just wait for the demo to come out on Friday? It's only a week wait. Desperate much?? xD

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    If people did buy them around that price-range, I definitely agree on its ridiculousness; waiting could be hard, most of us understand, but why pay this much money for something you could get a hold of for absolutely free? Very excited for the demo myself, but wouldn't consider going there at all, haha. Anyhow...

Video Game: Protoman (Battle Network mode).
    Cartoon: Johnny Test.
    Movie/TV/Novel: Captain America.
    Historic: Shakespeare.
    Athlete: Paul Levesque (also known as Triple H).

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    I got the Platinum demo and gave the code to 1 of my friends. We were playing against each other at school and everyone thought that we had the full game lmao.

Video Game: Guy (Final Fight)
    Cartoon: Homer Simpson
    Movie/TV/Novel: Conan O'Brien
    Historic: N/a
    Athlete: N/a

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It's kinda like paying $100 for a pay-per-view boxing match when you can just go to a nearby bar and watch it for free. xD

I'm hearing that starting today you can get the Demo at local retailers such as Best Buy and Gamestop. But, are they also free? Or do you have to pay a certain amount to get it. I highly doubt that, but I'm going to head over to my local Gamestop just to see what's up.

Years
    • Age 36
    • ?
    • Seen Jan 16, 2016
    I didn't know that. I know there's the Hyrule Warriors one at our gamestop. I didn't get a code, but I would never pay a crazy amount just to play something a week early.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Exactly! Why spend twice the amount on a demo than the actual price of a full game? Crazy.

Anyways, been playing the demo a loooooot lately, and I really love the game! I'll be sticking with Pikachu as my main, but holy freaking ****...VILLAGER IS SO POWERFUL. I am blown by it, really.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Anyone seen the U.S. commericals for Smash Bros. 3DS? My favorite one has to be the Little Mac commercial. And regarding the demos for retail stores, is it the same demo we downloaded from shop or does it have all the starters available to use?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Anyone seen the U.S. commericals for Smash Bros. 3DS? My favorite one has to be the Little Mac commercial. And regarding the demos for retail stores, is it the same demo we downloaded from shop or does it have all the starters available to use?

GameStop in EC had the demo only (with limited character selection) actually, & it was the Club Nintendo Platinum version (one with unlimited uses).

Keep finding myself going back to the Demo, hopefully I won't run out of uses before the game is actually released. ;;

I have 20 uses left. Trying to control myself here. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • GameStop in EC had the demo only (with limited character selection) actually, & it was the Club Nintendo Platinum version (one with unlimited uses).

Well darn, MK8's demo in retail stores had all characters available to use, so I thought all of the starting characters in Smash will be available in the store demo too.

I have 20 uses left. Trying to control myself here. xD

I only have 27 uses left, because I've been too busy with my university recently.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • Well, I managed to jump the gun and reserved my copy of SSB for the 3DS at my local GameStop!~ I literally can't wait.

How about a different topic to keep the hype going, yes? And this is in regards to the demo most of us have downloaded. Which of the five characters (Mario, Pikachu, Link, MegaMan, & Villager) do you find yourself using the most?

Also, Are you impressed with the newcomers' (Villager & MegaMan)?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Which of the five characters (Mario, Pikachu, Link, MegaMan, & Villager) do you find yourself using the most?

I find myself using Link the most because of the many improvements given to him that makes him close to being as good as Toon Link.

While Villager's awkward for me to use, I gotta admit his forward smash is pretty powerful. I've been spamming Mega Man's air attacks, slide attack, Top Spin, and all the charged smashes since his long range attacks are pretty weak, which I wanted to avoid in order to get good with him.

Years
    • Seen Nov 14, 2023
    Well, I managed to jump the gun and reserved my copy of SSB for the 3DS at my local GameStop!~ I literally can't wait.

How about a different topic to keep the hype going, yes? And this is in regards to the demo most of us have downloaded. Which of the five characters (Mario, Pikachu, Link, MegaMan, & Villager) do you find yourself using the most?

I pre-ordered it the day that they announced it was pushed to October lmao. I also pre-ordered the Wii U Version bundle with the GC controller and adapter.

Pikachu and Mario are my go to characters in the demo. I love speedy characters.

Villager feels awesome and Mega Man is really good too. They just feel natural to me, although Villager's recovery is way too good, except for when he/she free falls. That can get set up for an easy smash ko lol.

I hope this club stays active though it's kinda hard when there's another smash discussion going on in the video games section lol.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
  • It will stay active, don't worry! It's all up to us, as well as the owner. Also, the main difference between the club and the discussion is that the thread in VG mainly focuses on the upcoming game, while this club encompasses the whole SSB gaming franchise. You are free to talk about the previous games, speculate on future games, as well as promote any theories. Also clubs are safer than threads in other sections. it prevents flamewars, and as mod of this section it is my job to keep the haters out, ya know what I mean? :3

Pikachu and Villager are my go-to characters in the demo! MegaMan is too hard to control for me, as I have no idea what his powers are. But I think I'll learn them eventually! I haven't tried Link yet, and Mario is too easy for me. lol

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
    Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Little note my name still is not on the member list even though I've been a member for
    months my character is pit

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back