• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ready to Brawl! Super Smash Brothers Fan Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
What I meant is that if Sakurai would have known about ORAS during somewhere between 2012 and 2013, we would've gotten Sceptile revealed alongside of Greninja and Charizard in April's Smash Direct to fully reveal the only newcomers for Pokémon.

It's a theory that's agreed upon by many Smash Bros. speculators, because there is such a thing as oversaturation, and there are rules Sakurai has to make for a character to warrant a spot, or else this game would be more like M.U.G.E.N. than a game celebrating Nintendo's history.

Speculation does not equal fact. Speculation is an objective view, much like my own belief about Sceptile. You also can't say that he would have reveal him with the others because as by your own standards that means Jigglypuff would have been revealed along with Pikachu or Metaknight would have been revealed to return along with Kirby and DeDeDe. All I'm saying is have an open mind and stop saying "this cant happen because". For example: No one could have seen Mii's coming and I'm sure if you would have asked anyone they would have said no way.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Speculation does not equal fact. Speculation is an objective view, much like my own belief about Sceptile. You also can't say that he would have reveal him with the others because as by your own standards that means Jigglypuff would have been revealed along with Pikachu or Metaknight would have been revealed to return along with Kirby and DeDeDe. All I'm saying is have an open mind and stop saying "this cant happen because". For example: No one could have seen Mii's coming and I'm sure if you would have asked anyone they would have said no way.
That's because Jigglypuff is traditionally an unlockable character. The only reason why they revealed Luigi last year was because of the Year of Luigi, and Captain Falcon was a starter before back in Melee. Your statement on us having an open mind is flawed, because it'll only make people's requests for Goku, Steve, and Shadow in the same league as Nintendo characters despite their suggestions contradicting Sakurai's rules. Most people did see Miis coming due to the outdated Gematsu leak, but there was controversy regarding their inclusions prior to their reveal.

You can learn about Sakurai's rules of including characters through the second post of this thread containing almost all the sources.

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
That's because Jigglypuff is traditionally an unlockable character. The only reason why they revealed Luigi last year was because of the Year of Luigi, and Captain Falcon was a starter before back in Melee. Your statement on us having an open mind is flawed, because it'll only make people's requests for Goku, Steve, and Shadow in the same league as Nintendo characters despite their suggestions contradicting Sakurai's rules. Most people did see Miis coming due to the outdated Gematsu leak, but there was controversy regarding their inclusions prior to their reveal.

You can learn about Sakurai's rules of including characters through the second post of this thread containing almost all the sources.

Okay now it just seems like your just trying to come up with a way to argue. It isnt flawed if its in reason. Goku and the others you named make no sense because they have no ties to Nintendo. A pokemon does.Sonic and Shadow do. Having an open mind isnt flawed. Closing your mind to possibilities and being a stick in the mud is

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
I totally saw Miis coming because they were the only big name Nintendo characters missing before their reveal lol

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
*MOD POST*

KantoKid & Pinkie-Dawn, I understand you guys like to debate about certain characters and such, but we don't want to heat things up, do we? If you guys would like to continue with your 1-1 debate, please take it to PMs. Thanks!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
So there's this leak regarding the 3DS roster that's popping up since this late afternoon: http://shoryuken.com/2014/08/19/rum...l-unannounced-returning-veterans-fresh-faces/

I don't know if I should believe this leak because it's lacking the most requested characters (Mewtwo, Ridley, and K. Rool), removed Ice Climbers, Lucas, and Wolf, added Dark Pit, who is currently just a one-time KI character, and added unnecessary Mario reps (Bowser Jr. and the return of Dr. Mario). Even other speculators find these leaks suspicious due to how the roster's organized.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
i don't see why dark pit should be a separate character to pit. which is what this picture is convaying. I know that shiek and zss are separate characters from zelda and samus, but they are so different from each other. shiek is a completely differant identity then zelda, and zero suit samus is wearing her zero suit (or less, according to recent outfit leaks) so it is possible for them to play differantly. but there aren't very many differences between pit and dark pit. dark pit is literally a reflection of pit, since he appeared out of the mirror of truth in Kid Icarus Uprising, so if anything he should be a costume of pit, like he was in brawl

TheKantoKid

Let's go, Pikachu!
Years
I wouldn't have minded if the list was real because of the speculation of DLC. But after looking at it again (Game & Watch's arm extends over Wario's box) I believe it's a fake. Too bad little Bowser Jr. You will probably be a trophy. So adorable

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
At this point, I would rather wait for Official Smash updates from the Smash website themselves. The updates that are circulating out there could be fake, and if they are not on the official website, it could be fake. Keep that in mind.

I already knew it was a fake when I saw Bowser Jr. xD

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
Years
Username:UltraNerdtendo64.
Character Select: Lucina
What was your first Smash game?: My first Super Smash Bros. game was Super Smash Bros. on the Nintendo 64. But to be honest, I had no damn idea what was going on the first time I played it. I thought it was a 2D platformer and not a fighter tbh. xD

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Well guys, the leak turned out to be real after the videos that were uploaded this morning. Say goodbye to Ice Climbers, Lucas, Wolf, and Snake, but at least my Brawl main, R.O.B., survived the cut.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Nintendo was pretty quick in taking those down remember the release of Pokemon XY? xD

Ice Climbers sucked tbh, but Snake? I'm actually surprised he didn't make the cut :(

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
Username: Alfieri
Character Select: Lucina
What was your first Smash game?: Super Smash Bros. Melee

Last edited:

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Nintendo was pretty quick in taking those down remember the release of Pokemon XY? xD
Rumor has it that the leaker is not only getting fired by NoA but also getting sued.

Ice Climbers sucked tbh, but Snake? I'm actually surprised he didn't make the cut :(

The Ice Climbers weren't that bad. They're almost game breaking material:

Spoiler:
I think the technical difficulties the developers were having with duo characters for the 3DS version was caused the eskimos' demise. As for Snake, after Pac-Man's reveal and Kojima's interview, I knew Snake wasn't coming back.

Years
I'd like to Join!
Username:Zeroxrt1
Character Select:Zero Suit Samus
What was your first Smash game?: Smash 64

I've played and enjoyed all of the Smash games. My least used character is Jigglypuff. I didn't have a feel for her... not too big on floating characters. I will be getting both the 3DS and Wii U verisons of Smash 4. I'm also look for people play with!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
The problem I had with Ice Climbers was that they were slow for my liking, especially when you have to rely on both climbers so they could stay together. However. The fact that if you lose one climber, you still have another...makes it difficult to beat. xD

& welcome to those that joined, btw! Especially to Zero. I can't wait for the new games to come out soon, especially the 3ds version! I miss playing Smash online to be quite honest!

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Ice Climbers are too good and hard to balance.

That said
NuZt3iD.jpg

They didn't change his moveset! Yay! Now just to wait for him to be confirmed on the official site.

Hero of Twilight

Rest in Peace Iwata.
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
the one thing i don't like about the ice climbers is how powered down they get if you lose one. your attacks do half as much damage, and you have next to no recovery

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Nov 14, 2023
So the Shulk leak was true. Wondering about the full roster being true as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back